N1120A
Topic Author

Capitol Police Release And Appologise To Sheehan

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:09 am

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060202/D8FGVVNG0.html

Not only have they released and appologised to Cindy Sheehan for violating her rights, they have also appologised to Beverly Young, wife of Bob Young (R, FL) for removing her for wearing a "Support our Troops" t-shirt. Young has demanded that Hill Police undergo sensitivity training and the department has agreed to review its actions.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

stuckinMAF

RE: Capitol Police Release And Appologise To Sheehan

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:14 am

I guess they dropped the charges against Sheehan, too. What was it they took her in for? Oh yeah, "Aggravated Dumbass". I think that's a felony in some states!  highfive 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

Falcon84

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:18 am

While I do not agree that political t-shirts should be allowed in the Capital, I'm glad to see they apologized to both women. I would have been appalled if they apologized to one and not the other!
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:20 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 1):
I guess they dropped the charges against Sheehan, too. What was it they took her in for? Oh yeah, "Aggravated Dumbass". I think that's a felony in some states!

As usual, the Elephant only reports on one side. Maybe Mrs. Young was charged with being an aggrivated bitch, MAF. Oh, that ruins the image you want, of only one of them being idiots. I see.

You're obsession with Sheehan is as bad as her behavior.
Work Right, Fly Hard

stuckinMAF

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:26 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
You're obsession with Sheehan is as bad as her behavior.

Yeah, I know. It was just humor, not a political argument. I'l take whatever heat you wanna give me on this one.  flamed 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

N1120A
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:28 am

I guess they dropped the charges against Sheehan, too. What was it they took her in for? Oh yeah, "Aggravated Dumbass". I think that's a felony in some states!

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 4):
Yeah, I know. It was just humor, not a political argument. I'l take whatever heat you wanna give me on this one.

It was unfunny. She doesn't agree with you, most people don't.

AeroWesty

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:35 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 6):

Sizes up to "5XL" is all one needs to know about that t-shirt!
International Homo of Mystery

cfalk

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:55 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 7):
Other than that, not all GOPers agree with your stance on many things, and almost all Democrats disagree with you. Given the population spread of the country, that map is at the very least very flawed.

I'm curious how many people have worn this shirt in Texas or other red state and lived to tell about it.

It's this kind of holier-than-thou attitude that makes democrats more and more unelectable.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Falcon84

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 7):
Given the population spread of the country, that map is at the very least very flawed.

The map is also flawed 'cause it's not there.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

AeroWesty

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:58 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):
It's this kind of holier-than-thou attitude that makes democrats more and more unelectable.

Seeing how you missed Reply #6 (now removed), makes your comment all the more funny.

N1120A
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:00 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):
I'm curious how many people have worn this shirt in Texas or other red state and lived to tell about it.

Sound like you are advocating murder. Are you?

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

Hey pal, you need to read the rest of my post. StuckinMAF's post was deleted before you read it. There is another shirt that states things in an opposite way. How about you step down off your holier than thou perch and realize that you made a mistake

Falcon84

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:01 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

It's this kind of holier-than-thou attitude that makes democrats more and more unelectable

Puhleeez, Charles. The holier-than-thou attitude is the righties telling people who oppose the war that they're guilty somehow of giving aid and comfort to the terrorists. The holier-than-thou is "if you're not with us, you're against us." It's the arrogance that somehow, as some have said, that Bush was appointed by God.

Nothing arrogant about opposing the war. What it is, Charles, is a MAJORITY.
Work Right, Fly Hard

stuckinMAF

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:05 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 11):
StuckinMAF's post was deleted before you read it.

Hell, it was almost deleted before I posted it! Someone's got a moderator in their pocket!

N1120A
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 13):
Hell, it was almost deleted before I posted it! Someone's got a moderator in their pocket!

Think again, I rarely ever hit SD.

stuckinMAF

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:09 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 14):
Think again, I rarely ever hit SD.

Paranoia? I never said it was you!

usnseallt82

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:12 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
While I do not agree that political t-shirts should be allowed in the Capital, I'm glad to see they apologized to both women.

checkmark  I agree.

Regardless of my political views, I don't think that any T-shirts like those should be allowed on the Hill, especially during the State of the Union Address. Its more of an issue with manners rather than what the shirts actually say.

But, no one needed to be arrested for it and I think the police did the right thing here.
Crye me a river

StarAC17

RE: Capitol Police Release And Appologise To Sheeh

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:18 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

I hope all of them, anyone wears a shirt like that should be allowed to. If anyone did and was assulted or killed they ones who did that are against everything the US stands for.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Falcon84

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:25 am

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 17):
Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

I hope all of them, anyone wears a shirt like that should be allowed to. If anyone did and was assulted or killed they ones who did that are against everything the US stands for.

Amen. But I guess it's a sin to dare protest against Bush's Holy and Just war in Iraq. I'm actually surprised some "red states" haven't outlawed such protest.  Wink
Work Right, Fly Hard

cfalk

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:49 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 18):
Amen. But I guess it's a sin to dare protest against Bush's Holy and Just war in Iraq.

I don't care about protesting Bush. But to walk around Houston with a t-shirt calling everyone in sight a "complete moron" is asking for what is commonly known as an "ass-whoopin'"
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

aaflt1871

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:21 am

I think that's a felony in some states!

It is a good thing that D.C is not part of any state then.  wink 
Where did everybody go?

texdravid

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:34 am

I do wish that they didn't arrest Sheehan. I wish, in turn, that Sheehan would have then stood up every 2 minutes and swore at Bush at the SOTU speech.

I wish Dean, Pelosi, Kennedy, Schumer, and Kerry would be on TV EVEN MORE than they are now.

Nothing succeeds in politics like an opponent who both loves the camera and who is an ass in front of it.

In the 90's, I'm sure Clinton loved that Gingrich and Dole were on TV everyday from the House and Senate, respectively. It made Bill look in charge and in command of the nation.

By the way, when did that Gingrich get to be an "elder statesman" anyway? He should save some of his money and all of us our time and not run in 2008. He ain't going anywhere, just like Kerry and Gore.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

Pope

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:43 am

When you look at the electoral map on a county by county basis, it sure seems like there are lot more "morons" than "intelligent" democrats.

I love the audacity of the left. If you're not for them, you're a moron. As I keep say, the only thing that can save the GOP is the DNC.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

AeroWesty

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
I love the audacity of the left. If you're not for them, you're a moron.

Another ultra-right wing moment brought to us this time by Pope! You didn't read the whole thread, did you?  Smile

Pope

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:57 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 23):
Another ultra-right wing moment brought to us this time by Pope!

Again the audacity. I'm ultra-right wing because i point out that the left likes to label anyone who voted for W a moron. Wow!

AeroWesty

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 24):
Again the audacity.

LOL!! You still didn't see it, did you? Read the thread.

(There was an opposing t-shirt posted by MAF in Reply #6 that has since been deleted. N1120A's was a response.)

Pope

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 16):
Regardless of my political views, I don't think that any T-shirts like those should be allowed on the Hill, especially during the State of the Union Address. Its more of an issue with manners rather than what the shirts actually say.

I disagree. The Congress, particularly the House was supposed to be the people's House. Now, you can't even get into the gallery unless you have a pass from a Congressman. There's something very ironic about that policy.

I think a shirt such as what Cindy was wearing is perfectly appropriate. She was exercising her free speech. What happened to Congress shall make no law ......?

While I disagree with the message, I agree with how she was trying to do it. Members of Congress can get TV and news coverage whenever they want. Most average citizens don't have that luxury. To have Capitol Police arrest someone for a non-disruptive expression of her political thoughts is simply wrong.

Pope

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:04 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 25):
There was an opposing t-shirt posted by MAF in Reply #6 that has since been deleted. N1120A's was a response

You are right, I didn't see the deleted post. How I could is beyond me. Please tell me how I'm supposed to see that which is no longer there.

But regardless it doesn't change the fact that the mainstream of the democratic party really believes that if you vote red, you're a moron.

Gilligan

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:05 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 19):
don't care about protesting Bush. But to walk around Houston with a t-shirt calling everyone in sight a "complete moron" is asking for what is commonly known as an "ass-whoopin'"

Yeah it is. Especially if you are wearing it anywhere near a bar on Friday or Saturday night.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

AeroWesty

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 27):
Please tell me how I'm supposed to see that which is no longer there.

LOL! Because it's only mentioned about 3 times or more that it's missing. As I said, read the thread.  bigthumbsup 

MidnightMike

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:23 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
While I do not agree that political t-shirts should be allowed in the Capital, I'm glad to see they apologized to both women. I would have been appalled if they apologized to one and not the other!

They acted very fair & as you said, apoligized to both parties.

I wonder if Cindy Sheehan is going to apoligize for lying when she said that she was roughed by the authorities...

Wonder if Cindy Sheehan realized that she would made a stronger statement has she just attended the speech & dressed normally...

NO URLS in signature

gunsontheroof

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:48 am

What was it they took her in for? Oh yeah, "Aggravated Dumbass". I think that's a felony in some states!

You'd probably be pissed to if your kid died in Iraq.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

Ironic choice of words.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 19):
But to walk around Houston with a t-shirt calling everyone in sight a "complete moron" is asking for what is commonly known as an "ass-whoopin'"

Very true. It also illustrates a key difference between radical liberals and radical conservatives. I go to college at one of the most left-leaning schools in the country, and I've never seen any harm come to the few Bush-stickered vehicles in the parking lot, nor their owners. Tolerance rules.

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
When you look at the electoral map on a county by county basis, it sure seems like there are lot more "morons" than "intelligent" democrats.

Unless you consider the fact that there are a lot more people living in the blue counties than the red ones...

GuitrThree

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 31):
Very true. It also illustrates a key difference between radical liberals and radical conservatives. I go to college at one of the most left-leaning schools in the country, and I've never seen any harm come to the few Bush-stickered vehicles in the parking lot, nor their owners. Tolerance rules.

Yea... right.. I seem to remember that the ONLY people prosecuted for election hampering in both the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections were a bunch of Democrats slicing tires of Republican vans used to transport voters in Wisconsin.

Some tolerance there Guns..
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

DrDeke

RE: Capitol Police Release And Appologise To Sheeh

Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:59 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 16):
But, no one needed to be arrested for it and I think the police did the right thing here.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Ms. Sheehan DID get arrested for it! So how did the police do the right thing?

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

gunsontheroof

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 32):
Yea... right.. I seem to remember that the ONLY people prosecuted for election hampering in both the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections were a bunch of Democrats slicing tires of Republican vans used to transport voters in Wisconsin.

Doesn't really compare to the alleged "ass-whoopin" I'd undoubtedly recieve for wearing the depicted shirt in downtown Houston, but point taken. I won't bother getting into the people who didn't get held accountable for election tampering in 2000.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 32):
Some tolerance there Guns..

Perhaps my example came across as a blanket statement, but that doesn't mean that you should refute it with one. Those folks in Wisconsin don't speak for most of us. I think that there are plenty of cases (that don't make the news) of general assholery on both sides. I know of several instances in which cars with Bush stickers had bricks thrown through their windows in Seattle, and I myself had my John Kerry bumper sticker vandalized, spraypainted over, etc. a number of times on the Eastside. There are a lot of people who's political opinions piss me off, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to damage their personal property or inflict physical harm upon them to make my point.

Bitching about it on a.net is way more progressive.  Wink

MDorBust

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

I assure you, if I happen to see a person being assaulted because of what their shirt says, the assailant will have a very personal view of the business end of my weapon.

Welcome to Texas
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

IceTitan447

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:18 am

Quoting N1120A (Thread starter):
Not only have they released and apologized to Cindy Sheehan for violating her rights, they have also apologized to Beverly Young, wife of Bob Young (R, FL) for removing her for wearing a "Support our Troops" t-shirt. Young has demanded that Hill Police undergo sensitivity training and the department has agreed to review its actions

Total BS, the rules are that no political t-shirts be warn in the chamber, she was wearing one, removed and now boo hoo? Move on, catch a flight to Clear Water and protest this, it is a Bush rule isn't it?

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
As usual, the Elephant only reports on one side

Sad, it took a jackass to point that out Smile. I am referring to Cindy Sheehan, not you Falcon.

Quoting Pope (Reply 22):
love the audacity of the left. If you're not for them, you're a moron

Sounds like lefties on this forum. Below is a t-shirt she should have worn.

DrDeke

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:27 am

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 35):
Total BS, the rules are that no political t-shirts be warn in the chamber

BS indeed. That is not the rule. The rule is that you may not unfurl a banner in the chamber. Ms. Sheehan did not do that. Case closed.

Quoting IceTitan447 (Reply 35):
Sounds like lefties on this forum.

Sounds like a right-winger ranting to me.

-DrDeke

usnseallt82

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:27 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 25):
I think a shirt such as what Cindy was wearing is perfectly appropriate. She was exercising her free speech. What happened to Congress shall make no law ......?

Nobody is trying to prevent them from exercising their right to free speech.............God knows Sheehan has exercised the hell out of that. But there's a time and place for everything, and the worldwide broadcast of the State of the Union Address isn't the time to be a jackass protester trying to whore away the attention.

That speech is set aside for the President........she needs to learn that she can't have the cameras all the time.

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 32):
Ms. Sheehan DID get arrested for it! So how did the police do the right thing?

You're kidding me, right?  crazy 

Yes, bright one..........she DID get arrested for it. So the police did the right thing here, describing the point of this thread, by apologizing.
Crye me a river

Gilligan

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:28 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 30):
I go to college at one of the most left-leaning schools in the country, and I've never seen any harm come to the few Bush-stickered vehicles in the parking lot, nor their owners. Tolerance rules.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I'd be hard pressed to believe their beliefs haven't been surpressed in the classroom and around the campus.

A lot of parents kids have died in Iraq. Don't see them out their making fools of themselves.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

GuitrThree

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:28 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 33):
Perhaps my example came across as a blanket statement,

Which was my point..
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

MD-90

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:38 am

If you didn't read it in the other thread:

What Really Happened, by Cindy Sheehan

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 37):
But there's a time and place for everything, and the worldwide broadcast of the State of the Union Address isn't the time to be a jackass protester trying to whore away the attention.

Which is precisely what she wasn't doing.

I wore the shirt to make a statement. The press knew I was going to be there and I thought every once in awhile they would show me and I would have the shirt on. I did not wear it to be disruptive, or I would have unzipped my jacket during George's speech. If I had any idea what happens to people who wear shirts that make the neocons uncomfortable that I would be arrested...maybe I would have, but I didn't.

DrDeke

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 37):
You're kidding me, right? crazy

Yes, bright one..........she DID get arrested for it. So the police did the right thing here, describing the point of this thread, by apologizing.

"Oops." Sorry about that!

blush 

-DrDeke

StarAC17

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 18):
I don't care about protesting Bush. But to walk around Houston with a t-shirt calling everyone in sight a "complete moron" is asking for what is commonly known as an "ass-whoopin'"

Then those people who would do that do not understand ot choose to ignore what have been fought for in the last 200 years and unless the shirt has a prejudice remark it is valid free speech and anyone in the US is entitiled to their opinion.

[Edited 2006-02-03 01:58:43]

usnseallt82

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:48 am

Do you realize that you pretty much contradicted your point?

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 40):
Which is precisely what she wasn't doing.

But yet....

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 40):
I wore the shirt to make a statement.

Didn't want attention, but wore the shirt to make a statement................

Doesn't take much more than a juicy fart to figure that one out.  crazy 

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 41):
"Oops." Sorry about that!

No prob.  Big grin
Crye me a river

stuckinMAF

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:50 am

First off, let me say I am having a lot of fun with this thread, and I hope that both those who agree with me and those that don't are, too!

Yes, but not at President Bush. It would be very stupid to be mad at the President for my kid getting killed at a high-risk job that my kid VOLUNTARILY signed on to do knowing that it held the possibility of being put into harm's way.

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 34):
I assure you, if I happen to see a person being assaulted because of what their shirt says, the assailant will have a very personal view of the business end of my weapon.

Welcome to Texas

And welcome to the TOP of my Respected User's list!
And let me add that it wouldn't matter WHAT the shirt said, I'd do the same thing as you whether it was Cindy Sheehan's shirt or Beverly Young's! And while I'm at it, THANK GOD we live in a state that actually would allow us to protect them if we saw them being assulted!

gunsontheroof

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:55 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 38):
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I'd be hard pressed to believe their beliefs haven't been surpressed in the classroom and around the campus.

I'll admit it. The College Republicans cubicle in the student activities center has a big sign taped to the outside wall that says "STOP MESSING WITH OUR SHIT." Other than that, they get on alright.  Smile

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 38):
A lot of parents kids have died in Iraq. Don't see them out their making fools of themselves.

True, but then again, they didn't have the President outwardly refuse to even look at a picture of their dead child. Maybe they just assumed he wouldn't do so when he didn't attend their funeral (any of them). I'm not arguing that her actions aren't a little over the top, I'm just saying that it's a little unfair for anyone on this message board to lambast her this way when the overwhelming majority of us can't relate to what she's been through.

gunsontheroof

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 44):
Yes, but not at President Bush. It would be very stupid to be mad at the President for my kid getting killed at a high-risk job that my kid VOLUNTARILY signed on to do knowing that it held the possibility of being put into harm's way.

A good point, but allow me to offer my reasoning. As you've said, the men and women in our military voluntarily enlist for duty that may very well place them in harm's way. It's an admirable sacrifice, and as such, these men and women shouldn't be put into said harm's way unless the United States of America is facing a grave and imminent danger. The Bush Administration was wrong about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, I'm completely at a loss as to how any American reasonably well informed on Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, al-Queda, etc. could even begin to entertain the idea that the two could have any connection with one another without any glaring evidence, and to suggest that Iraq, a nation that was formed by the League of Nations after World War I under a British mandate without any regard whatsoever for the fact that the people within said nation had a long history of warfare and no history of cooperation (or even interaction) can ever be home to a Western style Democracy is ridiculous. In light of all this, I have absolutely no qualms with suggesting that the Bush Administration has grossly abused the sacrifice of these men and women, and had a child of mine made that sacrifice, I think I would be just a little ticked off. Just maybe.

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 44):
THANK GOD we live in a state that actually would allow us to protect them if we saw them being assulted!

"Hey, that guy's hurting that other guy!"
"That's not right!"
"Let's shoot him."

You guys don't see the irony here?

StarAC17

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 43):
Do you realize that you pretty much contradicted your point?

Not really, calling someone a moron isn't exactly a prejudice statement and is seen as free speech, If the shirt said "Redneck Morons" or something that offends a specific group of people in a sterotypical or racial sense then it is a different situation, at least this is how i see it. Also if this shirt was offensive in that sense reacting by saying "Let's give them an Ass-Wooping" isn't the most civilized way of handling it.

MDorBust

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:25 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 46):
"Hey, that guy's hurting that other guy!"
"That's not right!"
"Let's shoot him."

You guys don't see the irony here?

Do you believe in the right to self defense?

Do you believe in the defense of a third person?

Would you stop a person rapeing your daughter?

Harsh question isn't it? If you can say yes to that third question (hopefully) but wouldn't defend another person being assaulted I have to wonder where the disconect for you is.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

MidnightMike

Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 am

Quote:
I had just sat down and I was warm from climbing 3 flights of stairs back up from the bathroom so I unzipped my jacket. I turned to the right to take my left arm out, when the same officer saw my shirt and yelled; "Protester." He then ran over to me, hauled me out of my seat and roughly (with my hands behind my back) shoved me up the stairs. I said something like "I'm going, do you have to be so rough?" By the way, his name is Mike Weight.

Give me a break, she was roughed up in front of all that media, special guest guest, & Politicians. Can't she just tell the truth for once....
NO URLS in signature