zippyjet

Help Me Break The "Curse Of February!"

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:31 am

Since 1977, it seems, bad luck/Murphy's Law gets me in the month of February. I realize it is irrational to be superstitious but, year after year, if it can, it will go wrong during the month of February. My flights are delayed big time, I'm more prone to klutzy accidents at work and even around my home. On Wednesday night, I was putting a 12 pack of sodas in the fridge and sure enough, I dropped them. Three cans exploded all over the place. It never fails, shitty luck and this damn month. Then yesterday, I had an inbound flight from MCO and sure enough, a kid managed to puke rainbow colored hurl and took out seats 16 D-E and F! Plus the inbred parents just tossed a box of vanilla wafers right in the center of the puke. I've tried repeating over and over again that my "Curse of February mindset" is bullshit. But, alas, I've even infected fellow friends/co-workers with this funky February karma.  hissyfit 
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

KFLLCFII

RE: Help Me Break The "Curse Of February!"

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:23 pm

At least it's the shortest month of the year  Wink
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

CO7e7

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Quoting Zippyjet (Thread starter):
I've even infected fellow friends/co-workers with this funky February karma

Karma is a B##CH !..........................................only for those who believe in it

KevinL1011

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:31 pm

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 2):
Karma is a B##CH !..........................................only for those who believe in it

We create our own reality.

At least you get 'er done in a month whereas the rest of us deal with it all year long.

And.....why would you want to change it and not have these great stories to share?  Wink
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

theCoz

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 pm

Come on now Zippy, we all know the solutions to all problems are beer and hookers. This is about as universal as any statement can get. Screw E = MC2. Beer and hookers are fun.

[Edited 2006-02-04 06:39:21]

KevinL1011

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 4):
Beer and hookers are fun.

Unless you're too Funk to Druck!  biggrin 
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

carmenlu15

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Funny, I thought I was the only one who suffered from such a curse. In my case, it’s New Year’s Eve -- no matter what, something will go wrong on that day. It seems to have started when my grandpa passed away on a December 31; since then, I’ve had quarrels with my mom, depressions, more quarrels… heck, I had to quit my beloved airline job due to family issues, guess what my last day of work was... December 31, just 6 days after joining a.net.  irked 

Last time, I tried to have a more positive mindset, and convinced myself that this would be my year and I’d definitely break the curse this time. Everything went smoothly that day; there were a number of things that could have gone wrong, but it was all OK. I made it through December 31, and was already celebrating my success... Just as I was going to sleep (2 am on January 1st), my mom made quite a hurtful comment. One friggin’ comment was all it took to wreck my whole day.  banghead  AAUGH!!!

Then again, after reading your case I feel lucky it’s just a single day and not the whole month!  Silly

Good luck man, you will survive.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

zippyjet

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 4):
Come on now Zippy, we all know the solutions to all problems are beer and hookers. This is about as universal as any statement can get. Screw E = MC2. Beer and hookers are fun.

I love it! Not to sound pessimistic and I'm normally not: My brewsky would be contaminated with the bird flu or some other hazmat funk and, that hooker would be a chick with a big fat dick!

Thanks to everyone who replied!  bigthumbsup 
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!