stirling

Was 9/11 A Part Of A Conspiracy?

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:07 pm

Some disturbing news.
I will admit, I do not know what to believe anymore.
Why would a group of well-respected men come out publicly and say that the greatest tragedy in the history of the United States was a hoax? A Con. A ploy to rally public opinion to the whims of not just a President, but a government gone wildly out of control?
Here's an article from Yahoo News:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20060130/bs_prweb/prweb339303_5

And here's another, the Miami Herald:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/columnists/13760721.htm

It leaves me, never one to give in to conspiracy theories, reason to question just what our government is up to.

Has our country really changed so much that such a travesty of justice could have happened? Please, tell me that those crying out of a hoax, are themselves the hoax.
Because if not, borrowing the words of David Bowie & Pat Metheny, "This is Not America"
Delete this User

ANCFlyer

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Oh, come on . . . . . . not AGAIN!?!?!?!?

I can't even believe this is posted here.

Wait, wait - yes I can.

Ask the widow of my friend Sergeant Major Lacey Ivory is it's a hoax, okay.

I'm not even going to entertain it any damned further.

redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag 

WARNING, WARNING . . . . . BS to follow . . . . . WARNING, WARNING!!!

redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag  redflag 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

KevinL1011

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm

Oh yeah!!!!

It's true! It was done by the same group who faked the moon landing.

And Elvis isn't dead.....he just went home.  biggrin 
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

Roger136913

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:15 pm

Man, these things will never stop will they!!!!!!

cosec59

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:18 pm

As a Brit I find it staggereing that this is happening.
What do some people get off on? Ok, so there are some unanswered questions but it didn't look like a hoax to me
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

texdravid

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:22 pm

I'm dissapointed in you, Stirling. This piece wouldn't belong in the National Enquirer, much less an aviation website.

Complete and utter nonsense is what this piece is.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

SpinalTap

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:22 pm

Yes of course it was and by the way Dick Cheney is definitely a robot
"I get what they call a stipend, a stipend is like money but its such as small amount they don't really call it money"

kiwiinoz

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Without the benefit of seeing all the evidence rebutted, the material that these conspiracy theorists market as facts can paint a compelling and scary scenario.

But the reality is, like anything remotely political, you have to view all sides and then make the judgement from there.

As has been said, there are many unanswered questions, as there will be with such a complex and catastrophic series of events. Likewise, those handling the lead up and follow up to the event made errors along the way, as people do. Again, with such a complex scenario people are bound to make mistakes. This adds further fuel to the inside job/conpiracy theory.

I think there was a video documentary posted on this site a while ago that went through all this, but the thread was quickly removed, (Dick Cheney is actually a moderator on this site).

DrDeke

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:35 pm

Look, I'm not one to put a lot of faith in the government in certain respects, but I don't really see any new information in either of those articles that seems particularly credible in debunking the "official" version of the 9/11 events. The articles pose a lot of seemingly good questions, but there are answers to most if not all of them; answers which fit into the "official" version of the events pretty well for the most part.

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

aaflt1871

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Ok, then please tell that to the families of 3 friends I lost that day

http://www.september11victims.com/se...ber11Victims/VictimInfo.asp?ID=236

http://www.september11victims.com/se...ber11Victims/VictimInfo.asp?ID=239

http://www.september11victims.com/se...ber11Victims/VictimInfo.asp?ID=274

ANCflyer this one is for you.

http://www.september11victims.com/se...ber11Victims/VictimInfo.asp?ID=279

R.I.P my friends. May i one day see you again

[Edited 2006-02-04 07:41:52]

[Edited 2006-02-04 07:55:52]

[Edited 2006-02-04 07:57:08]

[Edited 2006-02-04 08:00:53]

[Edited 2006-02-04 08:03:06]
Where did everybody go?

ANCFlyer

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:49 pm

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 9):
ANCflyer this one is for you.

I knew him since we were both E4s back in Germany together in the late 1970s. Hell of a man.

Thanks AAFlt.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

b757300

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 pm

I swear. Every forum I'm a member of has this same crap comes up once every few months like clockwork. I guess some people just see black helicopters everywhere and wear tin foil hats 24/7.

"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

jwenting

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:02 pm

yes, it was all a plot by Bushitler and Haliburton to have an excuse to steal the Iraqi oil and Afghan poppies.
They used the secret CIA mind control devices to have the entire world believe that those aircraft were hijacked and crashed into those buildings, then disappeared all the people in those buildings to secret Mossad extermination camps.

Now are you happy?
I wish I were flying

aaflt1871

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:07 pm

I went to school with Romeo and Angela, and Donna lived right down the street. A day I'll never forget
Where did everybody go?

jafa39

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:18 pm

Last time this was posted I did extensive research on the conspiracy websites, most of it you can rip to shreds, some of it is soooooo whacky you wonder if the sites claiming hoaxes are hoaxes themselves.

Best one was the site that said the rebar (reinforcing rods in the concrete) used in the WTC Towers was pre-coated with plastic explosives during building (what? 20 odd years ago?) ready for the day the US needed an excuse to have a war or invent the TSA...good grief, sales of tin foil hats must be going through the roof!!!

It happened, it was bad, all the "scenarios" put forward by the whackjobs are so complex and so far-out it just would never have happened...the govt just isn't that well organised for one thing!!

Let them rest...
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

skidmarks

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm

Only in America............................

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

KevinL1011

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 14):
I did extensive research on the conspiracy websites

Did you see the one where the US created the tsunami by detonating an underwater nuke to wipe out Muslim nations?
Sheesh.

jafa39

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:45 pm

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 16):
Did you see the one where the US created the tsunami by detonating an underwater nuke to wipe out Muslim nations?

Bugger! Missed that one, can you IM me a link? I could do with a laugh!!

backfire

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Well, there's a handy phone number so you can ring up the "distinguished expert" Mr Fetzer and tell him that he's talking out of his arse.

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
James Fetzer
218 724-2706

dtwclipper

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 7):
there are many unanswered questions

There are really no unanswered questions. The events of 9/11 have been thoroughly documented, and only the nut jobs looking to make a profit from this are regurgitating this nonsense.

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 16):
Sheesh.

Yeah, I am also waiting to hear that Israel was at fault for the sinking of the ferry off the coast of Egypt.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

flyboy36y

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:46 am

HEY! OP! I WAS IN NYC AND SAW PEOPLE DIE AND KNEW PEOPLE WHO DIED (Sadly, I did not know any of these brave people well) AND SAW BUILDINGS FALL! I think America needs to move past 9/11 but to pretend it did not happen. YOU ARE A TOOL.

NeilYYZ

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:16 am

First of all, it is incorrect to call it a hoax, unless of course you are ignorant enough to believe that none of it ever happened. Although that can be countered easily by the lack of buildings, people who never came home and planes that no longer exist. If we are going to say that it was the Bush administration that was behind it then we had best get off calling it a hoax and call it what it really would be if that were the case. A Conspiracy.

Now, it clearly has happened, I knew a few people at Sandler O'Neill & Partners through my dad. But to suggest that this whole thing was a conspiracy set up by the Government of the United States has been watching the movie Conspiracy Theory one to many times.

It is a sick and twisted thing to not only write, but perpetuate the circulation of material such as this. 1000's dead in the buildings, FDNY & NYPD suffered huge losses, military personelle in the pentagon were killed. The memories and legacies of all these people who perished deserve much better than this.

May they rest in peace.

- Neil
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

casinterest

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:17 am

I just cry that stirling is actually that gulliable.....
Oh well.

I bet he owns tons of stock in tin foil companies.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

casinterest

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:19 am

Ok , how many posts till this gets locked?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

corocks

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:29 am

I am trying to figure out why a professional philosopher is a "distinguished expert" when it comes to the melting point of metal and structural engineering. I thought by definition a philosopher was a "bullshit artist" anyway (according to Mel Brooks!)

If you look at their list of members, they are all journalists, motivational speakers, lawyers, philosophers, etc. The only ones with real degrees are from community colleges. One of the members actually has "conspiracies" as the only thing listed for his credentials.

AA777

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:45 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 22):
It is a sick and twisted thing to not only write, but perpetuate the circulation of material such as this. 1000's dead in the buildings, FDNY & NYPD suffered huge losses, military personelle in the pentagon were killed. The memories and legacies of all these people who perished deserve much better than this.

You guys say "respect the families of the dead". Yet you think its bad to investigate these questions that are very cogent and which seem to represent very important holes in the 'story' of 9/11? If one of my family members had died in the 9/11 attacks, I would WANT to know the truth about the events. No one WANTS to believe that it IS possible that the government was involved in some form or another. And I am not saying that they were, however, NONE of you are experts (I am fairly certain of this), so it is not for you to say "there's no way in hell that it could have happened like that" because it very well could have. These guys have legitimate questions, and I dont think its too much to ask for legitimate answers.

And why is it that we never have heard reports like this on American news channels? : • Why has there been no investigation of BBC reports that five of the alleged 9/11 hijackers were alive and accounted for after the event?

It is NOT a bad thing to question.

-AA777

GDB

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:17 am

WHAT BBC reports?
There was an issue around ID of those involved initially, unsurprisingly,, the network might well have reported on the vast number of 9/11 conspiracies in the Mid East.

Good to see the shitheads writing this stuff have all the technical expertise then.........oh wait!

Conspiracy theories are for the ignorant and/or gullible.
Those producing them are usually people with bitter, thwarted goals/ambitions.
As well as often pushing an extreme agenda.
(Neo Nazis are particular fans, as are Jihadists)

NeilYYZ

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:33 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 27):
Conspiracy theories are for the ignorant and/or gullible.
Those producing them are usually people with bitter, thwarted goals/ambitions.
As well as often pushing an extreme agenda.
(Neo Nazis are particular fans, as are Jihadists)

Amen!
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

jafa39

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:09 am

One theme through the conspiracy sites is the "Metal doesn't melt at XXX degrees" and they stubbornly ignore the fact that no-one said the steel melted, it warped!!

KevinL1011

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:30 am

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 23):
I just cry that stirling is actually that gulliable.....
Oh well.

No he's not. I'm sure he's having fun pushing some buttons. Yours sure went off.

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 24):
how many posts till this gets locked?

When enough users have their buttons go off.

BN747

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:31 am

Well, there does seem to be an over abundance of experts here on this board with unlimited expertise to discredit such charges...

But, I've to hear any answer to these two questions.

1) Why were the ATC recordings destroyed? How could this happen? Who was responsible?

I liken this to a police detective who destroys a video tape of a crime and escapes unpunished. Is this or is it not ctical evidence?

2) And why did Building 7 fall? Sure it suffered some residual damage..but it never suffered a direct impacting blow. Why did it fall? Hopefully, someone who 'has been' to the buildings as I have, can explain how this is possibly.

If someone can answer this, I'd like to hear it.

Please, we've had enough "tin-foil", crackpot, "you're nuts" 'wise cracks', if that's all you can offer save it. Anyone with engineering insight I'd like to hear your explaination or perspective on this. ATC guys too (if you're able to share re:question 1).

Thanks in advance.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

AvObserver

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:33 am

Although I'm willing to believe the U.S. government does a lot of crap they don't want us to know about, I seem to recall an internationally acknowledged 2004 Osama Bin Laden videotape in which the Al Queda leader not only admitted responsibility for the 9/11 attacks but justified it by citing U.S. support for Israel at the expense of Palestinians as the rationale. Although I'm not a fan of the Bush Administration, I've a hard time buying that they'd go to these lengths to advance their agenda; it doesn't add up. Sorry, OBL did it.

FlyKev
Crew

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:17 am

Right............. 1000's of people died, Billions of dollars have been lost... of course it was a Hoax.
Get real man. come on, pay some respect to those who died.
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

dl021

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:24 am

No...it was not a hoax.

The US government did not mastermind the attacks, and Elvis is not returning with the Hale-Bopp comet. Diebold did not fix the last election, and Lyndon Larouche is not sane.

Now stop looking for attention.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

kiwiinoz

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting FlyKev (Reply 33):
Right............. 1000's of people died, Billions of dollars have been lost... of course it was a Hoax.
Get real man. come on, pay some respect to those who died.

I think the nature of the purported hoax does not dispute that 1,000's of people died. This is consistent between the hoax and the official version. The difference is that the hoax version implicates the American government in staging the attacks to lend public support to an international war.

This "hoax" would have required hundreds. and possibly thousands of personnel to execute. No way in the world an insider wouldn't have gone public yet.

Even though I', not a fan of GWB, and also believe he disregards the value of human life in certain situations, I simply can't believe he would rubber stamp an operation that would kill thousands of American citizens. It's a big step from being flippant and ignorant, to being calculating and evil.

I am concerned with whatever agenda these hoax theorists have. If they have gathered the evidence and on the face of it, truly believe that it is a hoax and wish to alert the American people, then their intentions are sound. If they have gathered evidence initially with a political motivation, and are selective about what they report in order to discredit the government, then they are using this event for political gain, which definitely IS disrespectful to those who died. In most cases, I believe the motivation for putting together these bullshit stories is political, in which case, shame on them.

mirrodie

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:03 am

while I am not sure what to believe exactly, I have read and seen ideas that point to a lot of cover ups in 9/11, but no HOAX, per say.

I DO ask that you all realize that opinions can vary and it is a sensitive subject.

Respect views.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Aleksandar

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:09 am

Why we see things like that? Too many people were killed in a matter of minutes and such theories just insult the memory of them.

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 2):
And Elvis isn't dead.....he just went home.

Oh no, he fixed my microwave today  Wink

Quoting DL021 (Reply 34):
Elvis is not returning

I HATE YOU  cry  Elvis is alive! He was just abducted by aliens.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

NeilYYZ

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 31):

2) And why did Building 7 fall? Sure it suffered some residual damage..but it never suffered a direct impacting blow. Why did it fall? Hopefully, someone who 'has been' to the buildings as I have, can explain how this is possibly.

Who can really say why the building fell, it could possibly be due to the great seismic shifting that WTC North & South created while they fell, there would be enormous damage to the surrounding areas as so much weight fell on the ground. There was debris on top, that would have contributed to the collapse. Whatever the reason, the building collapsed, it's tragic, and I would stake my life on it that it was not a government conspiracy.

- Neil

dl021

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:20 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 37):
Quoting DL021 (Reply 34):
Elvis is not returning

I HATE YOU Elvis is alive! He was just abducted by aliens.

I'm sorry there, pumpkin....of course he's alive and well. He's going to be helping the Easter Bunny put out the eggs this year.

He's also got a new LP waiting to come out......  Wink

Aleksandar

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 40):
I'm sorry there, pumpkin....of course he's alive and well. He's going to be helping the Easter Bunny put out the eggs this year.

He's also got a new LP waiting to come out......

He told me all about it while fixing my microwave  Wink Mozart was the producer.

I'M NOT CRAZY, I'M NOT CRAZY  crazy 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

EA CO AS

Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:34 am

So let me see if I've got this straight - a press release, issued by a group of "experts" with no official credentials listed to support expertise in any particular field, claims 9/11 was a hoax, with the same ol' bullshit talking points that have been around for years.

Oh, and - surprise, surprise! - one of these "experts" is also the same person who put out said press release in the first place.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME HERE?!?  banghead 

Go out, see a movie, read a book, do SOME fucking thing - but get off the damn internet if this is the result.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

dl021

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:07 pm

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 40):
He told me all about it while fixing my microwave Mozart was the producer.

I'M NOT CRAZY, I'M NOT CRAZY

It's ok....I mean..yeah, you're crazy...but it's ok....  thumbsup 

halls120

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting Stirling (Thread starter):
Why would a group of well-respected men come out publicly and say that the greatest tragedy in the history of the United States was a hoax?

"well-respected?"  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

I'm amazed anyone continues to believe this sh*t.

I'm surprised someone hasn't brought up the "no airplane ever crashed into the pentagon" BS.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ANCFlyer

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 43):

Oh please . . . .

I already had one reply in here deleted, don't force my hand Halls . . .

Conspiracy theorists ought to get off the drugs.

The fact this thread has gotten this far is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

[Edited 2006-02-05 04:41:27]

dtwclipper

Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:56 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 31):
And why did Building 7 fall? Sure it suffered some residual damage..but it never suffered a direct impacting blow. Why did it fall? Hopefully, someone who 'has been' to the buildings as I have, can explain how this is possibly

36,000 gallons of diesel fuel was stored in diesel tanks just above and at ground level to run the emergency back up center for New York.

Let's burn that and see what happens to the building above it.

Look, I believe the government is not always honest, but these stories need a rest.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Aleksandar

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:02 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 42):

I'm usually quite normal, but that shortage of proper medications... banghead 

But, Elvis was real and he was also abducted by the aliens, just like me. You must believe me  biggrin 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

BN747

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 38):
Who can really say why the building fell, it could possibly be due to the great seismic shifting that WTC North & South created while they fell, there would be enormous damage to the surrounding areas as so much weight fell on the ground. There was debris on top, that would have contributed to the collapse. Whatever the reason, the building collapsed, it's tragic, and I would stake my life on it that it was not a government conspiracy.

Well thanks for the only one who didn't reach for the

"Shut up and stop talking about it"
"Shut up and stop asking questions"
"Shut up and accept what WE ALL AGREE ON"
"Shut up and stop dishonoring the dead"
...replies.

The seismic shift would be worth looking into, but I think NYC suffered a mild (by CA standards -4.0 or so quake about a year and a half ago... but there was no serious strutural damage to any properties. For Bldg 7 to go down the way it did... that had to be serious jolt.

Still waiting on a good (at least reasonable) explanation on destroying 'ATC transmission' recordings... that to me is completely unacceptable for the gov't not to want to hold someone accountable for this-- "oh, someone made a mistake" --isn't gonna wash. I can imagine someone erasing a 'black box' readout after a disaster.. and everyone being okay with that.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

mirrodie

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:24 pm

while I am not sure what to believe exactly, I have read and seen ideas that point to a lot of cover ups in 9/11, but no HOAX, per say.

apparently, its ruffled someones feathers that I wrote this. Apparently I am no longer alllowed to have an opinion. Dream on. But here's the kicker, its a vague statement that doesnt even show me leaning to one arguement!
 sarcastic 

I DO ask that you all realize that opinions can vary and it is a sensitive subject.

Respect views

and now I cant give a heads up either! ROFLMAO!

Incidentally I did meet a theorist this evening. HE talked all about hte inconsistencies and such. My only question to him was, "OK, so even if its IS true, what do you do with that info? That and 1.37 gets you a tall coffee."
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

NeilYYZ

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 47):

Well thanks for the only one who didn't reach for the

"Shut up and stop talking about it"
"Shut up and stop asking questions"
"Shut up and accept what WE ALL AGREE ON"
"Shut up and stop dishonoring the dead"
...replies.

You're welcome!

I'm not against questioning but if there were concrete evidence that the government did in fact bring down tower 7 I think that it would be more than just theories on a few select websites. I don't claim to know about the seismic impact of bringing the buildings down, but who knows I'm sure that there are a mirad of factors that could have contributed. Much like in a plane crash, there is generally a sequence of unprobable events that must transpire in succession to bring down the plane, I would think that this is the case here.

But again, I don't know, that's just my view of things.

- Neil

backfire

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:54 pm

I think I'm more scared of the people walking around who've been so brainwashed, who are so gullible as to believe their own warped no-evidence theories, and who are not able to listen to reasoned argument, than I'll ever be of the cover-up merchants and men in dark suits working for 'the Guvverment'.

The alleged 9/11 cover-up probably isn't real. Chemtrails probably aren't real. The Government, surprise surprise, probably isn't plotting our downfall.

But the conspiracy theorists ARE real - they're the ones who are posing the danger. And that DOES scare me. Hang the lot of them, I say.