Falcon84
Topic Author

It's Time For The Free, Western World To Unite

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:22 am

In the wake of these totally unjustified and outrageous attacks against European embassies in the Arab/Islamic world-over a cartoon-that part of the world may have done the West a great favor-it may unite the Western nations-Europe and North America, like it hasn't been since 9/11.

The attacks on European property, and the demands by that part of the world for apologies, because they don't understand the separation of government and the media in a free society are unacceptable. It prove, once again, that that part of the world simply does not understand our concepts-something the West is accused of constantly by the Arab/Islamic world concerning them.

Well, it's time for the West to stand up for itself, collectively, and finally tell these people we will NOT subjigate our freedoms and our way of life to theirs; we will NOT apologize every time an individual prints something they don't like; we will NOT give in to the terrorism that emminates in that region. We will NOT be browbeaten into accepting your religion, or your ways, simply because you don't like ours.

It's time for the people's of the West to tell the Arab/Islamic world one thing: we're willing to live with you in peace, if you so choose. But if this is the way you're going to react to every little thing, then we won't deal with you and accept you as civilized nations and part of the world community.

If you want to keep warring on our ways, then fine. Democracies are slow to anger, at anyone, but as the Germans and Japanese found out, when push comes to shove, we will unite, and we will defend our way of life.

I'm growing weary of having to cotow to the thin-skinned reactions of that part of the world. The west is more than willing to live in peace with the Middle East and the Islamic world. But apparently, as demonstrated in constant terrorists attacks against the west, constant terrorism against Israel, and a refusal to compromise on anything, you obviously don't want to live in peace with us.

Well, if that's the case, keep it up. Keep it up, and you'll get the mother of all conflicts.

I hate to say that, but I'm tired of this over-reaction from that region of the world. And it's time for the West to unite, and say "ENOUGH!"
Work Right, Fly Hard

gkirk

RE: It's Time For The Free, Western World To Unite

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:23 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
I hate to say that, but I'm tired of this over-reaction from that region of the world. And it's time for the West to unite, and say "ENOUGH!"

Preach on!
Agree with everything you said.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

cosec59

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:24 am

Here Here
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:27 am

Oh, and by the way, if I have to make a choice between what the Arab/Islamic world are demanding, and siding with George W. Bush, who you all know I can't stand-I'll stand squarely behind Mr. Bush. I wouldn't think twice about it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

b757300

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:29 am

Is the floor cold? I think hell just froze over.

Falcon and I agree 100%.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:30 am

Quoting B757300 (Reply 4):
Is the floor cold? I think hell just froze over.

Falcon and I agree 100%.

Joking aside, B757300, I'm simply tired of the Arab/Islamic world beating the west over the head everytime something this tiny is turned into a reason to burn, pillage and kill-all in the name of Allah, by the way.
Work Right, Fly Hard

SFOMEX

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:31 am

Well, it's time for the West to stand up for itself, collectively, and finally tell these people we will NOT subjigate our freedoms and our way of life to theirs; we will NOT apologize every time an individual prints something they don't like

Very well said. Every religion deserves respect, but we can't afford to relent our freedoms just because some could get offended by them.
There is not excuse for their violence and hate.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

AvObserver

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:32 am

Absolutely, Falcon, with you 100%! If this means war, so be it. Hopefully it won't come to that but in the face of growing uprisings all over the world, free thinking people must take a stand. If we roll over to this reactionary crap eminating from extremist Muslims, we'll one day be either subjugated by them or be wiped out. I earlier denied the notion that it was basically "us" vs. "them", the Muslim world against the rest of the world but the clash of culture appears to becoming far more acute and it may, in fact, be just that.

vanguard737

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:35 am

EXCELLENT Falcon84

It is about time people start realizing this, as sad as it is. But it is reality. If we keep letting the Muslim world dictate to us how we have to act in our OWN countries, wwe will regret it soon enough.

I am not in any way a racist or bigot, but I will also not allow a group of people, who happen to be Muslim and Arab, tell me or any other western, democratic person how I should act. Scr*w that!
320 717 722 732 733 735 737 738 744 752 753 763 772 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 ERJ CRJ CR7

sv7887

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
Joking aside, B757300, I'm simply tired of the Arab/Islamic world beating the west over the head everytime something this tiny is turned into a reason to burn, pillage and kill-all in the name of Allah, by the way.

Welcome to my Respected Users list Falcon. I'm behind you all the way...The sad thing is that the Bush Administration has come out in FAVOR of the Muslim media.(Per the State Dept) This is disgusting given Denmark's 500 troop force in Iraq right now. As allies they have a right to expect our support. So I guess the message to our allies is this: "When America needs you, we expect your undying support...When you need us we won't be there..." When did we sell ourselves to the Oil Sheiks?

Sam

RobertNL070

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:42 am

Falcon84

Excellent post Falcon. Thankyou.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. We were only talking about this very same subject at dinner this evening. Even we libertarians feel that enough is now enough.

It really is about time that the Islamic powers-that-be are dragged, if necessary kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

Regards, Robert
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Alessandro

What´s the reaction from Chile? Their embassy got burnt down as well....
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

Boeing Nut

How could you not agree with this? It's sad and puzzling what is happening in the Arab world right now, I'm afraid that Islam has a lot of PR problems in store after this, not just the Arab world.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:43 am

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 10):
It really is about time that the Islamic powers-that-be are dragged, if necessary kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

Don't ask for miracles-let's drag them into the 19th Century first, shall we?
Work Right, Fly Hard

mdsh00

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 9):
The sad thing is that the Bush Administration has come out in FAVOR of the Muslim media.(Per the State Dept)

I don't really think so. The State Department hasn't said much except criticize the newspaper, but did say that they respect their right to free speech. So not really going either way. My guess is that the US government wants to lay low for now because when everyone knows that when the US gets involved in some form or the other, the Arab World goes apeshit. Theres no need to escalate a volatile situation.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

RobertNL070

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 13):
Don't ask for miracles-let's drag them into the 19th Century first, shall we?

LOL. OK, we'll cut them some slack then. 1800 CE - they can found their own Library of Congress.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 

dtwclipper

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:53 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
Oh, and by the way, if I have to make a choice between what the Arab/Islamic world are demanding, and siding with George W. Bush, who you all know I can't stand-I'll stand squarely behind Mr. Bush. I wouldn't think twice about it.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is truely stange for me to think this way, but the thoughts crossed my mind this morning.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

clipperhawaii

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:54 am

This surprisingly sounds like "Either you are with us or against us".

I'm growing weary of having to cotow to the thin-skinned reactions of that part of the world.

I have been feeling like that for about 4 years now.

It's time for those who don't share our views and ideas to just DEAL WITH IT!
Bravo Falcon and bravo to those who agree that enough IS ENOUGH!
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

dl021

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:56 am

I'm on Falcons side here. There comes a time when you say "Enough!".

The way I see it our allies...our NATO allies have had their sovereign soil attacked (embassies are sovereign soil) and that constitutes an attack on all NATO signatories. We should be planning how to defend our allies, and preventing anyone else from being attacked.

This whole thing is indicative of how out of control muslim extremism has gotten. Someone tell me when the last time foreign embassies were burned because someone drew a picture of Jesus.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 17):
This surprisingly sounds like "Either you are with us or against us".

And I knew some people would suspect that, CH, but I honestly don't want it to come off that way-really. But the truth is it's been terrorists from that region killing us, not the other way around; they want us to respect their faith, yet many of those nations don't even let churches exist in theirs. They want us to respect them, but show no respect for us or our way of life-as exemplified by terrorism.

I simply, as a free man, am tired of it. I don't want to flag wave, or chest beat, but simply to stand up and say "you will not make me change who I am, to please you."
Work Right, Fly Hard

cosec59

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:02 am

The placards being carried in London today were far, far more offensive than the cartoons. The cartoons were just, "cartoons". Humour. Nothing more, nothing less. The placards carried slogans of hate. Advocating murder!!
And we tolerate these!?
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

L410Turbolet

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:04 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 20):
I simply, as a free man, am tired of it. I don't want to flag wave, or chest beat, but simply to stand up and say "you will not make me change who I am, to please you."

Well said, Falcon!  bigthumbsup 

drewfly

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:07 am

IMO this situation is really going to open the eyes of the world to the situation in the Middle East. No longer can they choose to just ignore what is happening and wait it out. Embassies getting burned down? WHAT!? We mistakenly bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade and while there were stone throwing angry mobs in Beijing, our embassy wasn't stormed and burnt to the ground. It took our support of a brutal and corrupt Shah for years for our Tehran embassy to be stormed........and now all it takes is having cartoons printed in a newspaper....which the government had no control over? I'm with all of your here, this sh*t has got to stop. While I may have disagreed over going to war with Iraq, I believe that what is going on now is one more reason why we can't allow that country to fail.
A-10 Thunderbolt II, ugly as hell, efficient as hell, would you like to meet my boomstick?

Christa

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:08 am

The Western World needs to take some sort of action against these acts that Muslims are carrying out on foreign embassies.

I agree 100% with what Falcon84 says and I do believe that at some stage we (western, unislamic societies) may indeed have to unite in some way or another to sort this out.

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

dtwclipper

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 22):
Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 20):

Well said, Falcon!

Oh, by the way. I just got back from the market and I saw Danish butter on the shelves. I bought three packages!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Gilligan

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:10 am

I think it is up to the mullahs to make things happen. It seems that when they speak up people quiet down. Unfortunately a lot of them seem to want to act like little tin horn fuedal lords and that stands in the way of progress.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:10 am

And where is my friend BA? I think BA is a good, intelligent person, despite our clashes on here.

I'd really like to hear from the Islamic/Arabic memebers of this forum, and their read on this situation. Most of them, by standards in the Arab/Islamic world, are moderates, so I'm interested in what they have to say.
Work Right, Fly Hard

CPH-R

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:13 am

Christa

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:14 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 25):

Oh, by the way. I just got back from the market and I saw Danish butter on the shelves. I bought three packages!

I know that my parents normally buy British bacon and dairy produce. However, I noticed in the fridge that they have bought British bacon and dairy produce but they have also bought Danish bacon and some Danish dairy products.

We never buy Danish products (not at least these sorts) so I think this shows that I and my family are with Denmark on this.

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

L410Turbolet

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 29):
they have also bought Danish bacon and some Danish dairy products.

BTW, bar code of Danish products is supposed to start with "57".

Can anyone from Denmark (I am displaying the flag as a sign of solidarity) confirm this?

rjpieces

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:32 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 27):
Most of them, by standards in the Arab/Islamic world, are moderates, so I'm interested in what they have to say.

I noticed that you were careful to say by Arab standards....You do realize that by American standards, they are extremists, yes?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

YeahitsK

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:34 am

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 28):
Well, the US is off to a good start:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060203/pl_nm/religion_cartoons_usa_dc

Uh oh, look out Denmark- they brought the donkey out!! All I can do is shake my head and laugh at the way they are reacting. I guess I fail to understand how or why they think this is the way to earn respect. The people of this country certainly do not sympathize with, or are the least bit intimidated by the Muslim reaction and I think the statements in this article are just an attempt to cool the situation down.
Let's play some Pitch...

tbar220

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:35 am

Quoting Boeing Nut (Reply 12):
How could you not agree with this?

I can't. We can unite but it doesn't have to be violent. I think escalation and polarization is the last thing we need. The problem with Iran is bad enough.
NO URLS in signature

RobertNL070

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:35 am

Quoting BR076 (Reply 19):
a backward religion

A quote maybe from the late Pim Fortuyn, a very populist and opportunist Dutch politician.

Personally I do not believe that Islam is a backward religion. However I am of the opinion that some Islamic cultures are at best best backward, at worst barbaric.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 

SFOMEX

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:37 am

Watching CNN I saw an interview with some charity guy regarding the earthquake in Pakistan. I couldn’t help to think that most of the western world was fast to help this Muslim nation to deal with the tragedy. Well, it seems that a good size of the Muslim world is eager to accept our help but they can’t respect our values and freedoms.

BTW, does somebody know if Saudi Arabia (by all standards a wealthy nation) has helped a non-Muslim nation to deal with a natural disaster? I don’t know the answer, so I’m asking first before passing judgment.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

Arsenal@LHR

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 am

I can only speak for my myself, and as a muslim i am horrified at the reactions of some muslims. It is simply an over-reaction to something which should have died down a few days ago. There is NO excuse for violence or aggression. People should have accepted the apology from the cartoonist and the Danish PM and just left it alone from there. But things have reached violent to a point where this is damaging the reputations of the many good muslims (who outnumber the extremists and idiots) who want nothing to do with this. Having said that, the Danish catoonist was naive and irresponsible for publishing what was insulting, steroetyping and degrading pictures of the prophet Mohammed. He should have known better, it is not to say no to free speech, it is about making the right judgement in the climate we live in. There are a millions things which you can draw cartoons about, but this man chooses to portray the prophet Mohammed as a terrorist.

The other point i'm making is that a lot of non-muslims underestimate how seriously muslims take their religion, and how offensive and insulting these cartoons were, hence the fiery reaction. But to destroy and burn embassies and other properties while calling for another 9/11 is despicable, something i can only distance myself from.
In Arsene we trust!!

EWROwznj00

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:41 am

Yeah, this has gotten WAY out of hand. Burning down the embassies is not cool, and this is only going to get worse from now. Protesting and boycotting is one thing, burning down an embassy, totally different ball game. Shit is gonna hit the fan now.

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 31):
I noticed that you were careful to say by Arab standards....You do realize that by American standards, they are extremists, yes?

You do realize that your views are equally extreme and one sided when it comes to certain issues?
Yes, there is a typo in my username. No need to point it out.

KevinL1011

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:42 am

it's time for the West to unite, and say "ENOUGH!"

Reverend !
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

windshear

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:16 am

My God is there a tear in my eye??

This is much more support than I was hoping for... Keep it going guys!

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

stuckinMAF

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):
Preach on!
Agree with everything you said.

OH SHIT!!! I do, too! I can't believe this!

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):

Bravo, Falcon, and I congratulate you for your Nationalism!

Now, I want to tell you something. I want to tell you and several others (and you know who I'm talking about, I'm not going to mention names), and I want you to remember this. Yes, you have the right to protest, yes you have the right to dislike the President and yes, you have the right to dislike the way that he does things. But when you yell it from the rooftop, the only ones who hear it are the ones you are talking about being against in your thread-starter. They hear these things and they get the idea that we are weak because we are not united. That's all I wanted to say, and I just hope you might keep it in the back of your mind when you talk negatively about things involving the US or the Western world.

Thanks for starting this thread, and thank you for saying some things that really need to be said. It means a lot more coming from you than it would from someone like me because if one of my "kind" (you all know what I mean) said it, we would be looked upon as nothing more than Hawks, trying to stir up another war.

Thank you, Falcon84.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

Boeing4ever

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:36 am

This week, we are ALL Danish! Kinda cool actually, everyone raves about German, British, or French culture, how about a little Danish culture once in awhile.

When I was a kid, I love playing with Legos...true story, last weekend some friends and I gave into our inner childs when passing by the lego aisle at Target...reminiscing turned into a 2 foot long Lego airliner I am now about to display in my dorm room.

BDD...Buy Danish Damnit!

B4e-Forever New Frontiers  

[Edited 2006-02-04 22:48:02]

pelican

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 am

This is probably the best thread in non-av for years!

@Arsenal - thanks for your words, it's sometimes hard in those times when the television shows rioting mobs in muslim countries burning flags to remember there are a lot of moderate muslims who have nothing to do with religous motivated violence and don't support it.

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 36):
The other point i'm making is that a lot of
non-muslims underestimate how seriously muslims take their religion,

You're right. But I also think many muslims who threaten the West underestimate our will to defend our way of living!

pelican

whitehatter

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 am

The situation looks like this to me.

Some of those cartoons were offensive to Islam. But the reaction is totally out of proportion and looks like this.

two neighbours. One breaks a window in the other guy's house.

Instead of accepting an apology for any offence and the cost of the window, the other guy wants to burn down the first guy's house, and now wants to bring his family round and burn down all his relatives houses as well. That's the scale of what is happening.

This fundamentalism crap is out of control. There is no sense of proportion, so I support Denmark and its people who are being attacked. Same with others who are saying enough is enough. Denmark or the people who first published this crap didn't kill anyone, but these nutballs want to. So f*ck them.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

stuckinMAF

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:50 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 46):
The situation looks like this to me.

Yeah, that's a good parallel, but what it comes down to is we are supposed to have tolerance for Islam, but they do not have to have tolerance for Western civilization, culture, or religion. I'm not trying to stereotype, but to those who are militant and causing the huge uproar, we are all infidels.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

dba4u

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:04 am

@Falcon: A few weeks ago I would have flamed you, but my mind has changed...
thx for this great post!

Well, enough is enough.

The US reactions on 09/11 'caused a favour for the muslim states in me. But... Hell... These radicals are far worse. Sadly it needed such an event to get my eyes opened but this is just hillarous. The mullahs getting pissed by the danish - the most peacefull people I've ever met - because of some cartoons! If it wouldn't be real, I won't believe it. But it is as real as the beer in my hand (Carlsberg, btw :P) and that's what frightening me. Irans nuclear weapon programm should be stopped immidiately. Sure, they've got the same rights, so whey shouldn't they be allowed to have nuclear weapons? Usually I would substitute that point. But currently there are way to much people in a pretty explosive mood over there, and I don't expect this to change within the next decades. people, whom's dream it is to erase the western world from the globe. And if they would ever get the weapons to fulfill their dream, they would use them. I've got no fear since I finally believe in a strong and united west and it's power again, but nevertheless WE should do something immidiately.

I think burning down the embassys was the biggest mistake of the muslim world for a long time. Before they only had to cope with the US and UK as their enemy, with most parts of europe being "neutral" in this conflict. This will change. They pissed of almost whole europe with their ignorance and it seems as they haven't learned their lesson.

I never expected me to write such lines, and maybe it's some kind of overreaction, but these retarded maniacs are dangerous and we should find a way of eliminating this problem quiet soon.

Anyway, all my muslim FRIENDS, please don't be to pissed, you now exactly against whom these lines are pointing. Thank you.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 42):

I'm patriotic, but I'm not a Nationalists, as I think there's a difference. And, with all respect, I don't look at this in light of nationalism. Perhaps "Idealism" is a better word. I'm the product of as free and open society as there is, arguments from some others aside. I don't see those in the west threatening "Death to Saudi Arabia!" every time the Islamic world burns a U.S. flag, or Mr. Bush in effigy; I don't see those in the west threatening retaliation because Christians aren't allowed to worship in some Islamic lands; I don't see those in the west wanting to burn down embassies from Middle Eastern nations everytime there's a cartoon with depictions of the Great Satan, or Mr. Bush. So, if that's the case, why do they immediately turn to violence-over a fucking cartoon?

This shouldn't even be a discussion about religious tolerance, although it's precisely religious intolerance by the Islamic nations that causes such violence. So someone depicted The Prophet in a bad light. Maybe not a smart thing to do, but it's called FREEDOM! Get over it! They're taking the actions of one person, and trying to take it out on the whole west. Well, it's time the whole West stands up and says, "That's it! We're not going to take this garbage anymore." And that's what needs to happen.

This shouldn't be about the faith of Islam. Islam has survived almost a thousand years, and has put up with worse things than a cartoon. It will continue to be a major religion in the world. But the people of the Islamic faith need to answer the following: Will you tolerate other faiths and other views on this planet? And are you going to be a faith of love and peace, or one of intolerance and violence?

It's theirs to answer. If it's the former, then maybe the world has a bright future. If it's the latter, well, maybe it's time you stand opposed. Because I'm tired of the violence coming out of that region.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dl021

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:38 am

Damn straight!

I'm pretty much in 100% agreement with Falcon, and I further believe that if we don't stand united against this that we will all pay the price, because the people we face think we're weak, and misinterpret our ability to argue for weakness. The problem with that is that if they hit us too hard or too often the elephant gun comes out and then no one's happy.....

Now is the time for all of us to put a stop to the insanity.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

L410Turbolet

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 43):
When I was a kid, I love playing with Legos...true story, last weekend some friends and I gave into our inner childs when passing by the lego aisle at Target...reminiscing turned into a 2 foot long Lego airliner I am now about to display in my dorm room.

Lego was my most popular toy when I was little. Under communism LEGOs were next to impossible to buy over here (Czechoslovakia), one had to get extremely lucky before Christmas.
Me and my brother had this box of "general" LEGO only and dreamt of the space station, the castle, the fire/police station.

These are just AWESOME, imho!

[Edited 2006-02-04 23:50:46]

KevinL1011

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 42):

Didn't you equate Falcon to B744F in another thread? My...you've had a change of heart.

Quoting Dba4U (Reply 48):
Falcon: A few weeks ago I would have flamed you, but my mind has changed

Seems to a trend.

I've posted here for almost a year now. I thought of Falcon as an extremist liberal too. I would never try to flame him for fear of getting burned.

I've asked a couple of my warmonger RU's why is Falcon on their RU list when they go at it all the time?

Every response has been "Falcon is a very intelligent person, passionate in his views. Just because you don't agree with him, that doesn't mean he does not deserve respect". This was the reply every time.

StuckinMAF..I too have had a change of heart.
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

Boeing4ever

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:46 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 52):
Lego was my most popular toy when I was little. Under communism LEGOs were next to impossible to buy over here, one had to get extremely lucky before Christmas.

Many of my cousins tell a similar tale. And a shame too. LEGOs are finely engineered and crafted toys, manufactured to the highest quality. And with the ability to build and create so much, they are certainly more beneficial to youth than a lot of other crap you see out there today. Programmable LEGO robots are used in an engineering class here at Purdue University even!

Now how can you hate a country that gave us this!?

And yup, this is the airliner sitting in my room right now...

Boy looking at it, they've come a looooong way since I was a kid. I'm so jealous of today's kids, lol.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane