Frontiercpt
Topic Author

Any Monologue Ideas?

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:14 pm

Hey everyone! I'm going to a talent/modeling/acting agency on Sunday for an interview, and the first one I'm going to see, they just wanted a headshot, which I have, but then my friend who was in the top four choices for Violet(Series of Unfortunate Events), and was in the Hillary Duff movie, told me that I should prepare a monologue just in case they want to see how I act, although I was going more for the modeling/talent aspect of the agency. The second one wants a full portfolio, so I'm gunna hafta wait until I get a few more headshots and bodyshots before I apply there. Anyways, I have absolutely no clue as to what kind of monologue I should do. I am thinking probably one from a play, or a movie, but I have no clue. One from Wicked would be awesome, or maybe from Chicago, I dunno. It should be about a minute long, so do any of you guys have ideas? The interview is on Sunday, so I have to hurry lol. Thanks in advance guys! Big grin

ArmitageShanks

RE: Any Monologue Ideas?

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm

You should really do one from Wicked if you do that route. What a great show.

"A Sentimental Man" is short.

If you don't care about doing female parts, go for "Popular"

Frontiercpt
Topic Author

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Ya, I can do Popular(and Dancing Through Life) really well, but I am looking more for a one way dialog part. I mean, I could probably just read the words, and not sing it...hmm....

AeroWesty

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:34 pm

International Homo of Mystery

LHMark

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Oooh! Oooh! Do this one!

Columbia: My God! I can't take any more of this - first you spurn me for Eddie, then you cast him off like an old overcoat for Rocky. You chew people up and spit them out - I loved you, do you hear me - I LOVED YOU - And what did it get me - I'll tell you - A big nothing. You're like a sponge. You take, take, take, take! You drain others of their love and emotions. Well, I've had enough. You've got to choose between me and Rocky - so named because of the rocks in his head.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

Frontiercpt
Topic Author

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:45 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 3):
I would do this one:
http://www.whysanity.net/monos/torch....html

Thats a tad long, and my hick accent keeps sliding into it, cuz of the word choices, but I have it bookmarked. Big grin

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 4):
Oooh! Oooh! Do this one!

I like that one too, but isn't it a bit too gay? I mean, ya know, don't wanna not get accepted cuz they are homophobic or anything, ya know?