HatTrick
Topic Author

Horse Racing Fans

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:37 am

Any harness racing fans out there?
I have several harness racing horses, in fact 2 are racing tonight. I've been a fan most of my life, but I must admit it certainly doesn't get much media coverage here in the U.S. I understand that it is gaining popularity in England and Italy and I believe it has always been big in Sweden.

Anyone else a fan?

(edit) Forgot to mention that Canadians are very much into the sport

[Edited 2006-02-11 23:39:14]

flymia

RE: Horse Racing Fans

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:55 am

Well I cant bet yet or anything but I am a Horse Racing fan. I father LOVES the sport and is a huge Racing fan and eve likes Harness racing too. He had owned some throughbreads no harness though. But Harness racing is cool too, but your right its not popular at all. I get the TVG channel at home and I find myself watching a few races at night.
I remeber going to Monticello Race Track to watch Harness racing when I was younger when ever I went up to New York. I also been to Pompano race course a few times down here in South Florida.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

aaflt1871

RE: Horse Racing Fans

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:08 am

I have been known to bet on a horse or 2. I enjoy all types
Where did everybody go?