AMSMAN
Topic Author

This Father Should Be Ashamed Of Himself!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:52 am

I came across this video on www.ebaumsworld.com and these kinds of parents should be ashamed of themselves. You really have to watch the video to see what the child went through. You know it’s genuine just by the look on his face.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/mazeprankcry.html

Didn't know what to expect at first but then got a general idea. (Its one of those scary pictures that just pop up when you least expect it).

Why would any parents put their young son (or daughter) through this kind of torture? The father knew damn well what was coming, but just couldn't pass up the opportunity to capture his young son being terrified beyond anything he's experienced before...on tape.

It disgusts me to see how anyone can get pleasure from seeing a young child so scared he bursts into tears. They should be ashamed!! I wouldn't call that good parenting!

What are your thoughts?
Aer Lingus, Proud to be Irish.

diamond

RE: This Father Should Be Ashamed Of Himself!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:59 am

Wow - that's really not funny at all.

That kid will be in therapy in his 40's and 50's wondering why he's so screwed up.
Blank.

BR715-A1-30

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:02 am

That video is funny as hell.... For all we know, the father could have staged this and his kid could have partook in it.
Puhdiddle

sunshine79

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:03 am

Quoting BR715-A1-30 (Reply 2):
That video is funny as hell.... For all we know, the father could have staged this and his kid could have partook in it.

I don't think a child would have been that upset if it was staged.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

777DadandJr

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:04 am

That child looks to young to be seeing that kind of thing. I remember when I first saw that and it startled the sh*t out of me. I can imagine the kind of trauma a 6-7 year old would go through.

Those parents should feel ashamed. I would never pull that kind of sh*t on Jr.

Russ
My glass is neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full, rather, the glass itself is twice as big as it should be.

searpqx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:08 am

I doubt it was staged, that kid was freaked. The dad really should be ashamed of himself, for really poor judgement if nothing else.

My granddad pulled a similar stunt when I was five. Hid under my bed then started shaking it and roaring it after I'd gone to bed and was almost asleep. I couldn't sleep in the dark for a week after that.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:08 am

Did you actually look at the video? The kid was messed up, don't see how you find that funny at all!!

fumanchewd

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 am

I'm not sure, but the father might have just thought that it would startle the kid without freaking him out that much. When I was that young I would have just flown back in my chair and hit the floor.

Either way, that father needs to stop traumatizing his son. That's what older brothers are for. Wink
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

satx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:35 am

It doesn't look the slightest bit staged to me. The boy looks genuinely scared beyond all reason.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 7):
I'm not sure, but the father might have just thought that it would startle the kid without freaking him out that much.

He kept taping it even after seeing what was happening. Then he let it get on the internet for all to see. If nothing else, this shows us what kind of parent this guy really is.

People like this shouldn't be allowed to have kids in my opinion. You can get 5 years in jail and a $250,000 fine for copying a single song or movie, but this father won't face any repercussions for warping his child. What kind of world are we living in?
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

WarthogLover

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 am

Oh god, that's hilarious! Jeez, that kid was owned! How do we even know it was his father, though?
Guns don't shoot people; Dick Cheney does!

aloges

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:42 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 8):
He kept taping it even after seeing what was happening. Then he let it get on the internet for all to see. If nothing else, this shows us what kind of parent this guy really is.

People like this shouldn't be allowed to have kids in my opinion.

Yikes! You don't think you might be a bit overreacting?

Quoting SATX (Reply 8):
You can get 5 years in jail and a $250,000 fine for copying a single song or movie, but this father won't face any repercussions for warping his child. What kind of world are we living in?

In a world where the recording industry has a lobby but children don't.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

satx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting WarthogLover (Reply 9):
Oh god, that's hilarious! Jeez, that kid was owned! How do we even know it was his father, though?

Just listen to the audio. I guess it's just too bad we don't have any videos of you being 'owned' by a senseless asshole?

satx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:49 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 10):
Yikes! You don't think you might be a bit overreacting?

Intentionally filming your kids in premeditated traumatic situations just go you can get your kicks passing the videos around to people the world over? I'd suggest automatic adoption proceedings followed by a forced vasectomy. Just because you can create offspring doesn't mean you should. Most parents out there are barely mediocre at raising their own kids, and this guy was simply too much of a prick to be left alone with them. People who get off to warping kids won't get any sympathy from me.

WarthogLover

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:52 am

Traumatic my ass. That's not traumatic. There are plenty of things that can be called traumatic, and that's not one of them!

I don't care who you are, now THAT's funny!

aloges

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:53 am

Do we really know it was his father? I didn't understand all of the bit of mumbling you can hear in that movie, but ebaumsworld saying "This father decides to play a mean spirited prank on his son." doesn't really count as a 100% reliable source in my book. It certainly doesn't count as grounds for taking the child away from anyone and a vasectomy.

luv2fly

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:59 am

Actually playing this prank is one thing, and personally if anyone grew up with siblings probably had much worse done to them. Though to continue filming after it was over that is what is wrong.
You can cut the irony with a knife

TheSorcerer

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:07 am

Doing this to your kid is bad enough, but taping it and having it published on the web is just being an absolute asshole, he'll see how funny it was when his son comes into his bedroom at night crying and complaining he had a nightmare about it.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

searpqx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:09 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 14):
Do we really know it was his father?

It doesn't matter who it was, you don't intentionaly do this to little kids. As soon as he saw the kid was freaked the joke should've been over. I won't vote for castration, but the guy is a grade A ass for continuing to tape and then posting it.

Quoting WarthogLover (Reply 13):
I don't care who you are, now THAT's funny!

I guess if you spend you're life getting owned on internet forums you develop thicker skin -  Wink

WarthogLover

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:11 am

You guys are over reacting! It's just a scary face! It's not like it's anything disgusting!

TheSorcerer

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:20 am

Traumatic my ass. That's not traumatic. There are plenty of things that can be called traumatic, and that's not one of them!

Different people get traumatized by different things, age comes into it as well. A 6 or 7 year old is going to get more freaked by something like that than someone your age.
Was it traumatic for him? I don't know, a shrink can judge that.
Did the kid benefit from this experience? I think it's safe to say no, judging by his reaction.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

searpqx

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:26 am

Quoting WarthogLover (Reply 18):
It's just a scary face! It's not like it's anything disgusting!

Its not the face dude, it's the kids reaction to it. Playing the joke is one thing, but once the kid was so obviously freaked he should have stopped. Thats called judgement and empathy. Instead he taped the whole thing then posted it for the world to see.

kiwiinoz

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:29 am

It's not the cleverest of pranks but I believe it's all harmless fun. I love a household that always has the anticipation of a cruel and unusual practical joke.

Since I saw this I've been trying to find the video of the parents who scare the kids by getting Dad to start the chainsaw up next to the sleeping kids the morning after they watched "chainsaw massacre". Extremely funny. Can anyone find that one?

fumanchewd

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:30 am

bigthumbsup 

Exactly. The dad is an asshole but he could be beating him up or molesting him. I find it dispicable that parents cave in and buy their kids violent video games without any regard for how thats going to affect them. Even though its not something that I would ever do, I have to admit, it was a little funny.

The kid will grow up despising his dad, but everyone needs to lighten up. A real traumatic situation is having your whole family die in a car accident or watching thousands die in genocide in Bosnia. The kid will get over it and hate his dad.

Lighten up.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

agill

Well that will learn that kids that if dad is filming you why you're doing something pointless, you should be on your toes.

LawrenceMck

I found it pretty funny. It's happenned to me before with the same face that pops up. I jumped but didnt cry. Everyones different and react in different ways, but I found it quite funny!

Lawrence  Wink
Love It To Live It

WarthogLover

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:53 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 22):

He probably won't even remember it for that long...

jetjack74

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:13 am

That is pretty mean what his father did, although calling CPS on him maybe a bit premature. Parents scare their kids all the time, but that's a little extreme. It would be funny if it was a teenager, they can take it on the chin, but a child at that age.This is scary too
Made from jets!

bill142

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:45 am

Looks like a set up to me

yowza

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:55 am

Screams fake.

YOWza

Checo77

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:01 am

OH MY GOD!!!! Poor kid!!! That was so awfull!!! Stupid people who do similar things. Poor kid, really.
Regards,
Adam
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

An-225

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:10 am

Don't really see what a big deal is.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

AMSMAN
Topic Author

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:24 am

Quoting WarthogLover (Reply 18):
You guys are over reacting! It's just a scary face! It's not like it's anything disgusting!

It's not the face, its about the way he scares the crap out of him, then posts it for all to see.

Quoting Agill (Reply 23):
Well that will learn that kids that if dad is filming you why you're doing something pointless, you should be on your toes.

I'm sure a 6-7 y/o is really thinking that!

Quoting LawrenceMck (Reply 24):
I found it pretty funny. It's happened to me before with the same face that pops up. I jumped but didn't cry. Everyone's different and react in different ways, but I found it quite funny!

So the first time it happened to you, you were at the same young, impressionable age? Doubt it! If you were, and it didn't scare you like it did him, then good for you!!

Go3Team

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 am

What a bunch of crybabies we have here, you mean to tell me that none of your parents have ever played a joke on you?
Yay Pudding!

kiwiinoz

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:41 am

Aha, I found it:

http://media.putfile.com/Badparents

Now that's comedy!

WarthogLover

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:49 am

Holy Jesus! That was hilarious! Holy Jesus!

aloges

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:38 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 34):
http://media.putfile.com/Badparents

rotfl  Kids found out a little too fast what it was about, though. I don't even want to know what would have happened had I watched some crappy horror movie at age seven or eight.  Silly

MKEdude

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:43 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):
That kid will be in therapy in his 40's and 50's wondering why he's so screwed up.

Much earlier than that, this kid will be wetting the bed well into his teens at which point he'll either become a serial killer or go on a shooting spree in a mall food court.

Either way the kid is fucked.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline." Frank Zappa

j_hallgren

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 pm

That's one way to keep your kid away from the computer/Net!

As I understand it, I was scared quite badly once by my Mom when she dressed up as Santa Claus at Christmas when I was a young child...but it didn't permanently affect me...however, the death of my Dad when I was age 8...that DID! That's a REALLY scary thing!
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

APFPilot1985

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 pm

that first one was hilarious, anyone who says otherwise is over reacting.
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

pawsleykat

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:32 am

That is just SICK! Nobody should do that to anyone, let alone their own child. I have seen those video things before and they are f***ing SCARY. Anyone who does that to a child should be shot. If my dad did that to me I'd give him a knuckle sandwich. I mean that.

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

satx

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:45 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 27):
Looks like a set up to me

Because...?

Quoting YOWza (Reply 28):
Screams fake.

Any specifics?

I tend to be suspicious of almost everything. In fact, 90% of 'reality television' always looked fake and set up to me, long before people were claiming they 'wrote' the general themes. And yet this specific clip looks plenty real IMO.

Quoting Go3Team (Reply 32):
What a bunch of crybabies we have here, you mean to tell me that none of your parents have ever played a joke on you?

No family member of mine has ever...

1. Intentionally filmed me being scared
2. Kept filming even after it was obvious I was scared
3. Passed the film around to others as though it were a joke

Any more questions?