zippyjet

Crazier Than Christmas!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:40 am

I've been in our industry for 4 years and I'm amazed at how this mid February period is as busy if not busier than Christmas! First, it's President's day or as I call it Mattress Sale Weekend, paid for by us the tax payers (all those government workers paid holiday) Add to that, Daytona (car racing), NBA all star game in Houston and New Yorkers and much of New England get Winter break as well as Spring break. They flood to the airport and fly. Great for us but, a lot of these passengers are not the brightest bulbs on the runway. Lateness seems to be in fashion this February season. Just one of my rants, another thing to add to February funk! Curious to hear other airline employee stories during this manufactured b.s. holiday! The fuzzy niceness of the holiday season is not an issue!
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

Bobster2

RE: Crazier Than Christmas!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:10 am

Quoting Zippyjet (Thread starter):
it's President's day

No. It's Presidents Day. We have had more than one president.  Smile

The official Federal holiday is still called Washington's Birthday.

It's the last holiday for three months. That's why people go nuts. They have to survive for a full quarter of a year without a single holiday. It's very scary.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

zippyjet

RE: Crazier Than Christmas!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:48 am

Quoting Bobster2 (Reply 1):
It's the last holiday for three months. That's why people go nuts. They have to survive for a full quarter of a year without a single holiday. It's very scary

To a point but, there's Easter. True, a religious holiday but, many make it an excuse to go wild. I'm waiting for Groundhog's Day to be a government worker's holiday three day weekend bonanza. Throw in April 1 as April fools weekend. But wait, lets make 5 May a three day government holiday weekend, Call it Merry May. (Combine May Day and Cinco del Mayo!)
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!