Cadet57
Topic Author

Cadet57's Horrible Night At Work

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:14 am

I dont even know where to begin. It was a level of suckiness beyond all comprehension, even more then the 2004 elections.

First a bit of background last week I toom friday the 17th off as I had a JROTC Drill meet. So yesteday came and I went to my drill meet, but about halfway thru I got a call from my manager with his panties in a buch saying that there was a callout and he really needed me. So I obliged, missing watching my team win first in two events....  Angry

Fast Foward to today. So I arrive at 3 and proceed to start my shift until 4 when the other closer arrives. So 4 comes and he doesnt. So I page the same manager as yesterday. He tells me he sent him home! WTF??!?! So I ask him to call someone in as I was so gracious to do for him ON MY DAY OFF He refused so I contiuned working, angry that I needed to close the deli on my own.... So now to the part that pisssed me off the most today. So I continued to work, and so I stocked some low products, about an hour later A customer came in saying that he wanted 2 and 1/2 pounds of Polish imported ham ($5.99Lb) so I begin to slice, I get a pound and a half sliced out and then I open a new one. So then I continue and then he tells me to stop and that he wants all 2.5 lbs from the new ham, so I have to take the 1.5 that was already sliced and put in in the loss bin. So I cut all 2.5 lbs and he goes on his way. So about 20 mins later one of the cashiers comes up and hands me the 2.5 lb package sayin that he now only wants 1.5lbs. and now that he had it in his hands we needed to throw it all out. 13.59 cents worth or product, plus the 8 dollars from the previous incident. AND MY MANAGER BLAMES ME!!! At this point I was so angry at him for not getting me any help, that I had to close myself and because of this customer that we ended up having a shout match and I diddnt go on break today....

relieved  rant over.

Thank god tomorrow is the BDL meet....
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

pilot kaz

RE: Cadet57's Horrible Night At Work

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 am

Wow, Sucky day  Sad

Kaz
-

YeahitsK

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:19 am

I was reminded of the movie Clerks while reading your post. "But I'm not even supposed to BE here today..."
Let's play some Pitch...

Logan22L

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:38 am

Truth is, once you get a job based on education, things tend to get better. I have, however, been in a shitty position even after Graduate school.

Best advice: Be smart, go to the best school you can, and take all efforts you can to make yourself an expert in your own field.

Only then can you get a respectible position. I had a good job from 22-29 years of age, went to Grad shool, and had a crap job from 32-33 years of age. Unemployed for 6 months (Hey, LHMark). I had a job I could deal with for 6 years. Now, since Sept, 2002, I've been happier than anyone else with what I do.

Work, wait, consider. You'll get it.
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

ltbewr

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:45 am

Take a lesson in life from your crises at work, like to be more careful who you work for in the future  biggrin 
I have had plenty of bad days of work over the last 38 years of working part and full time (I am 51 and had paper routes when I was in my early teens), and eventually you get used to dealing with them. Remember not to be a jerk when you are the boss someday.

EWROwznj00

Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:28 pm

Ahhh it happens to the best of us... Just be glad the day is over, and know this; Just because your manager calls with his panties in a bunch doesn't mean you need to come to his rescue, esp when you are treated they way he treated you.
Yes, there is a typo in my username. No need to point it out.

Cadet57
Topic Author

Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting EWROwznj00 (Reply 5):
Just because your manager calls with his panties in a bunch doesn't mean you need to come to his rescue, esp when you are treated they way he treated you.

oh, beleive me, I will remember this the next time he does.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.