AirCop
Topic Author

CA Execution Delayed As Doctors Walked Out

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 am

Another first for California.

The execution of a convicted killer was postponed after two anesthesiologists refused for ethical reasons to take part in the execution. The killer attacked a killed a 17 year old girl with a hammer, then stabbed her and left her to die half naked in a vineyard.

The question here is why these doctors accepted the assignment and then backed out at the last minute? Making a political statement?

ANCFlyer

RE: CA Execution Delayed As Doctors Walked Out

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:28 am

All the more reason a firing squads should be brought back . . . . I'll volunteer.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

redngold

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:30 am

My heroes.  cloudnine  First, do no harm.
Up, up and away!

chrisjake

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 am

damn......and let the condemned have more time to sit there and think about his inevitable end.

now THATS cruel and inhuman punishment!

[Edited 2006-02-22 01:39:53]

MDorBust

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:42 am

Interesting.

I wonder if they were working under contract to the state of California, and if so what actions the state can take to remedy their breach of contract.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

Gilligan

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 1):
I'll volunteer.

Ditto!!

Quoting Redngold (Reply 2):
First, do no harm.

Executing this loser would not be doing any harm.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

stuckinMAF

Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:45 am

All the more reason a firing squads should be brought back . . . . I'll volunteer.

checkmark  Me, too! I'll even cast the bullets and load the cartridges for it!

I'm a little surprised Logan22L hasn't checked in on this thread yet though, I think he opposes the DP. Maybe he's busy this evening.

Quoting Chrisjake (Reply 3):
now THATS cruel and inhuman punishment!

No, THIS is "cruel and unusual" (or "inhuman" if you want to put it that way) punishment:

Quoting AirCop (Thread starter):
The killer attacked a killed a 17 year old girl with a hammer, then stabbed her and left her to die half naked in a vineyard.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

NeilYYZ

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:04 am

They should just "git 'er dun..."

I'd go on for the firing squad... It's not cruel and unusual to execute people like this, what is cruel and unusual is beating a girl to death and then leaving her half naked in a vinyard.

I have no sympathy for this man, the sooner they find some willing doctors to participate the better...

- Neil
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

mdsh00

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:03 pm

Another first for California.

The execution of a convicted killer was postponed after two anesthesiologists refused for ethical reasons to take part in the execution. The killer attacked a killed a 17 year old girl with a hammer, then stabbed her and left her to die half naked in a vineyard.

The State of California has no bearing on the ethical reasoning of doctors. Their protest does bring up an important point about the ethics of medicine. The Hippocratic Oath stresses not doing harm and to save lives, no matter who the person is. I think this case is a great debate for Medical Ethics, and NOT politics. Please leave "this is another example of the liberal left" out of this.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

NIKV69

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:32 pm

More proof that California is the most screwed up place. Where does it end?

Quoting Redngold (Reply 2):
My heroes. First, do no harm.

Too bad Michael Morales didn't take this same oath to do no harm. Maybe he wouldn't have beat Teri Winchell with a hammer.

Please leave justice up to us, if it was up to all the bleeding heart liberals they would open all the jail cells of convicted killers and let them go free.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

mdsh00

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:41 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 9):
Please leave justice up to us, if it was up to all the bleeding heart liberals they would open all the jail cells of convicted killers and let them go free.

You know what? I bet you would find many conservative doctors that agreed with these doctors. Again conservatives are using this to paint broad brush-stroke generalizations. From a Medical Ethics standpoint, they have a point; Politics be damned. Medical professionals dont answer to politicians or their political party, only to themselves and their conscience.

[Edited 2006-02-22 06:43:39]
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

CPH-R

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:48 pm

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 8):
The State of California has no bearing on the ethical reasoning of doctors. Their protest does bring up an important point about the ethics of medicine. The Hippocratic Oath stresses not doing harm and to save lives, no matter who the person is. I think this case is a great debate for Medical Ethics, and NOT politics. Please leave "this is another example of the liberal left" out of this.

Actually, a lot of Liberals are having a fit with the same kind of issue: Pharmacists who refuses to hand out birth control pills & the morning-after pill, on either ethical or religious grounds.

Mir

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:25 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 11):
Pharmacists who refuses to hand out birth control pills & the morning-after pill, on either ethical or religious grounds.

They have no right not to give out medications prescribed by a doctor. To do so would let their religious beliefs impact the lives of others, and that's not acceptable. Either they give out the proper medication, or they find someone else who will, and cover any extra cost.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

flyingbabydoc

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:33 pm

The question here is why these doctors accepted the assignment and then backed out at the last minute? Making a political statement?

We do take an oath (Hypocrates oath, some people call it hypocritical oath) and swear to do no harm, nor to use our knowledge against another human being (torture, executions, etc.). I believe there is a huge ethical problem there. Like ANCflyer said, bring on the death squad. Doctors aren't supposed to assist in murder.

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 10):
Medical professionals dont answer to politicians or their political party, only to themselves and their conscience.

I wish that was true. Good doctors will do exactly that. But there are always the rotten fruits amidst...

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

NIKV69

Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 10):
You know what? I bet you would find many conservative doctors that agreed with these doctors. Again conservatives are using this to paint broad brush-stroke generalizations. From a Medical Ethics standpoint, they have a point; Politics be damned. Medical professionals dont answer to politicians or their political party, only to themselves and their conscience.

We don't need doctors to carry out sentence. I like ANCFlyer's idea.

Actually I like the electric chair or as someone said at Ted Bundy's execution. "Save electricity, use a ROPE!"  bigthumbsup 

AR1300

Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:39 pm

All the more reason a firing squads should be brought back .

No.Don't waste bullets.
we should use our own hands and choke the bastard to death.
Or torture him like he did to that girl.

Mike
You are now free to move about the cabin

B707321C

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:29 pm

This is silly, using so much energy and effort regarding inhuman punishments. Just forget about the death penalty. Its time to move on, don’t hang on the old fashion attitudes and believes. Trying to improve the punishment by humane methods is just beyond me, it is still an unacceptable punishment.

Pe@rson

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Quoting B707321C (Reply 16):
This is silly, using so much energy and effort regarding inhuman punishments. Just forget about the death penalty. Its time to move on, don’t hang on the old fashion attitudes and believes. Trying to improve the punishment by humane methods is just beyond me, it is still an unacceptable punishment.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, you must realise that the USA is uncivilised in this regard: it is in the top 3 countries in the world in terms of the number of executions. Can you guess which the other two are? Saudi Arabia and China. Rather telling, I think.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Pyrex

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:32 pm

The killer attacked a killed a 17 year old girl with a hammer, then stabbed her and left her to die half naked in a vineyard.

So he killed her with a hammer and THEN stabbed her to death?

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 13):
swear to do no harm, nor to use our knowledge against another human being (torture, executions, etc.).

Reading this reminded me of that kid who was beaten to death in Florida by jail guards, with a nurse watching by and helping to prolong his suffering... sad, really.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

NeilYYZ

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:17 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 12):
They have no right not to give out medications prescribed by a doctor. To do so would let their religious beliefs impact the lives of others, and that's not acceptable. Either they give out the proper medication, or they find someone else who will, and cover any extra cost.

I agree with this. Although the problem with pharmacists (and even doctors) in Canada refusing to prescribe or distribute medication is that some of these medications (specifically the morning after pill) are extremely time sensitive. If the medication is legal, non addictive and appropriate medically to the case, the doctor should be required to prescribe, and the pharmacist to distribute.

I agree, why try to make it humaine? It should be done the same way they did it to the victim. Once someone kills and then leave a young girl half naked in a field, I don't really care about the hummanity of the punishment. Where is the hummanity in the pain and suffering of the girls family? The guy chose to kill her, he knew he could get death for it, it would be silly not to impose the punishment he knew he could get.

- Neil
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

ME AVN FAN

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:35 am

A strange affair alltogether. The man is a convicted murderer. He was sentenced to death --- 25 / twenty-five years ago ! Now it is decided to execute him, suppose he may have become ailing when aging. And people discuss about minor technicalities. That he would have been beheaded or hanged in many or maybe most countries is no excuse; in Western Europe he now would be released as having served life sufficiently. But people in this case might rather make their minds UP and either DO execute or DO pardon. His lawyers ? clear, they hope for at least a pardon if not a final release of their customer.

[Edited 2006-02-22 16:36:06]

luv2fly

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:39 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 20):
That he would have been beheaded or hanged in many or maybe most countries is no excuse; in Western Europe he now would be released as having served life sufficiently. But people in this case might rather make their minds UP and either DO execute or DO pardon. His lawyers ? clear, they hope for at least a pardon if not a final release of their customer.

Maybe he should have murdered and maimed in Europe in the first place.
You can cut the irony with a knife

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 18):
Reading this reminded me of that kid who was beaten to death in Florida by jail guards, with a nurse watching by and helping to prolong his suffering...

sarcastic  You need to re-read the article and re-read the cause of death - cause apparently your comprehension failed you miserably first time through.

The man is a convicted murderer. He was sentenced to death --- 25 / twenty-five years ago ! Now it is decided to execute him, suppose he may have become ailing when aging. And people discuss about minor technicalities.

It's the ridiculously long and arduous appeals process for death penalty convictions in this country. Antiquated appeals process needs to be reworked. Sentences need to be carried out within 24 months of conviction.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

luv2fly

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:47 am

What about calling in Dr. Jack! He could work off his sentence and do some good for man kind both at the same time.

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:56 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 23):
What about calling in Dr. Jack! He could work off his sentence and do some good for man kind both at the same time.

idea  Excellent!

Dougloid

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 17):
I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, you must realise that the USA is uncivilised in this regard: it is in the top 3 countries in the world in terms of the number of executions. Can you guess which the other two are? Saudi Arabia and China. Rather telling, I think.

I suppose it feeds your sense of self importance to vent such flatulence there but surely an astute student of all things American MUST know that there are 12 states and the commonwealth of Puerto Rico that do not have a death penalty statute-why, that's almost 25 per cent!

You have heard, have you not, that there is a certain difference between the federal government and courts, and state government and courts? Theres a fair amount of state sovereignty left, and in fact we fought a war over it-we call it "state's rights".

http://www.mcadp.org/images/dpmap.gif

That he would have been beheaded or hanged in many or maybe most countries is no excuse; in Western Europe he now would be released as having served life sufficiently. But people in this case might rather make their minds UP and either DO execute or DO pardon. His lawyers ? clear, they hope for at least a pardon if not a final release of their customer.

If that's the case maybe you should throw your legislators in Western Europe out of office, unless you prefer having turds like this Morales fellow walking around your neighborhood. That's not something to be proud of, that you're unwilling to punish criminals. No good can come of it, you know.

Now. Having said all that. I live in a state where we have not had the death penalty since 1964-although there is the small matter of the federal death penalty which two people were sentenced under here recently-they will be executed in Terre Haute, Indiana. I am against the death penalty as a matter of moral principle-it's far better to not have it and to make sure that people never get out of our fine state hotel at Fort Madison unless it's in a box.

But other states DO have the death penalty, and any criminal with an ounce of sense knows this.

When I defend someone with multiple convictions the first question they always ask is "Does this mean that I get the 'bitch'?" That's the habitual offender enhancements. They're well aware of it, and I think that criminals in places like Texas and Virginia, where the death penalty is enforced, are well aware of it and ought to govern their affairs accordingly. If they choose to ignore it, whose problem is that? They do so at their own peril, and it's their problem, not ours.

The problem with this entire high minded calculus of moral values vs. economic realities is the prisoners involved. The problem here is that MOST of the prisoners on death row richly deserve the fate that awaits them, no possible good is served by their continued existence, their guilt's been established beyond all possible doubt, and they broke down the prison doors trying to get in. It wouldn't bother me a bit if they were all executed tonight.

Lest anyone doubt what I say about the problem with the death penalty being the prisoners, consider the case of Roger Bentley. If the death penalty is ever revived in Iowa it will be because of the efforts of the criminal community.

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4435977&nav=menu100_2
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

ME AVN FAN

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:13 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 21):
Maybe he should have murdered and maimed in Europe in the first place.

well, the crime-rate in European countries is NOT higher but generally LOWER than in the USA. So much for the "teaching-effect" of executionary. And if so as you "wish" he by now would have become released as having served life.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:23 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 25):
If that's the case maybe you should throw your legislators in Western Europe out of office, unless you prefer having turds like this Morales fellow walking around your neighborhood.

not really, as they A) got elected by the people, and B) in many cases, people even voted directly in favour of the abolition of the death penalty

That's not something to be proud of, that you're unwilling to punish criminals.

but criminals ARE punished, just not by execution. I will be proud of such matters when such a criminal is put into a tube in the morning and gets out of the tube in the afternoon as a reformed cured non-criminal .

No good can come of it, you know.

to say it again, the crime rate in Europe is lower and not higher than in the USA, so that it looks as if the punishment-scales are OK in Europe. There of course are people walking around who have been murderers, but most murderers anyway are "newcomers".
-

cfalk

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 8):
Their protest does bring up an important point about the ethics of medicine.

I agree. So why should a doctor perform the procedure? How complicated can it be? I mean, just stick him in the ass and give him a 100 times the lethal dose of whatever the sedative is, and that's it.

And what's this crap about disinfecting the area on the arm where they put in the needle? Are they really afraid of infection?
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 6):
I'm a little surprised Logan22L hasn't checked in on this thread yet though, I think he opposes the DP. Maybe he's busy this evening.

checkmark  to both.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 28):
So why should a doctor perform the procedure? How complicated can it be?

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 28):
And what's this crap about disinfecting the area on the arm where they put in the needle? Are they really afraid of infection?

I've seen the word "uncivilized" used a few times here. I think that the US officials who do carry out executions realize that this is an issue on which people are heavily divided. IMO, they take every measure to make what could be perceived as an "uncivilized" procedure appear as "civilized" as possible. Whether it is uncivilized or is not, is not the subject of my post (man, that's a messed up sentence, huh?).

So, this begs the questions:

1. Do they consider the DP a "necessary evil," or do they consider it just punishment?

2. Do they privately have problems reconciling the killing of a human being with their faiths?

3. If they go to the measures that they employ to make the process seem "civilized," does that mean that they recognize it as being just the opposite?
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

NIKV69

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:48 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 17):

That is all well and good in Norway and Wales but here we believe in Hang em High and an eye for an eye. We have the best justice system in the world and don't let murderers enjoy the rest of their lives. If you want to treat felons like jaywalkers go right ahead. Just keep them in your country.

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 18):
So he killed her with a hammer and THEN stabbed her to death?

Yep, oh yea in between he raped her. Nice guy. Let's send him to Norway to he can live out the rest of his life in peace.

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:52 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
Yep, oh yea in between he raped her. Nice guy. Let's send him to Norway to he can live out the rest of his life in peace

Or Germany where he'll be out in 20 years roaming the streets again,.  irked 

ME AVN FAN

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:57 am

Hang em High and an eye for an eye. We have the best justice system in the world

it begins to become clear why the USA and Saudi Arabia are such staunch allies, even having the USA tolerating the Saudis causing havoc over some drawings. They both share similar medieval views and instincts !  duck   stirthepot 

luv2fly

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 32):
it begins to become clear why the USA and Saudi Arabia are such staunch allies, even having the USA tolerating the Saudis causing havoc over some drawings. They both share similar medieval views and instincts !

Well if want to live next door to some animal who served there time be my guest, the only animal I want living with me is my dog, her I can trust.

Medievel views, just becauise they are not yours, does not make them wrong.

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 am

We have the best justice system in the world and don't let murderers enjoy the rest of their lives. If you want to treat felons like jaywalkers go right ahead.

I can almost hear "God Bless America" when I read this. Fact is, I have no desire to treat felons like jaywalkers or for them to "enjoy the rest of their lives." The difference here is that I feel killing people is wrong, period. Also, I do not covet the money I earn so much, so I don't mind having some of it go to keep a murderer from being murdered.

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:27 am

They both share similar medieval views and instincts !

stirthepot  attempt failing . . . I'm not biting. See me again when we start stoning women, chopping off hands, doing female circumsion, etc. Until then, you're not even close.

stuckinMAF

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:28 am

Is locking a human up in a cell for their entire remaining life not somehow "cruel and unusual"? If it were me, and given the choice, I would gladly choose to be put to death in a humane manner, such as lethal injection, than to be miserable for the rest of my days, like an animal in a cage. I could never live that way, I enjoy being free too much.

I guess that's my reason for supporting the DP. I see it as being more humane than being put in a cage.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

ME AVN FAN

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:46 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 35):
See me again when we start stoning women, chopping off hands,

is that happening soon ?

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:51 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 36):
I guess that's my reason for supporting the DP. I see it as being more humane than being put in a cage.

Interesting. I would have guessed it was more of an "eye for an eye" reasoning, but that's why it's better to discuss than to assume.

Without getting too ethereal here, I personally feel that there may well be something for us beyond our lifetime, and our purpose for "being here" is, interestingly enough, to figure out why we're here. To sort of figure out how we, as individuals, and we, as humans, fit into the whole picture.

Anyone who has ever been executed has had the possibility of this eventual understanding taken from him. I realize that it may be very unlikely for someone in prision for life to reach this type of understanding, but what else is there to do but think in a situation like that? If one more person "gets it" than that's a good thing.

N1120A

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:53 am

Apparently you didn't bother to read the whole article. Their beef is that they would have to resedate if the prisoner woke up while under the effects of the toxins, which would even further violate the Hypocratic Oath

we start stoning women

Death by rocks or death by Potassium Chloride it is still death

chopping off hands

What is worse, that or being driven crazy sitting in the SHU at Pelican Bay? Neither one should happen
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

B707321C

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:54 am

That is all well and good in Norway and Wales but here we believe in Hang em High and an eye for an eye.

Seems to me you are not ready to craw out from the stone age not just yet. You will but it will take some time.

We have the best justice system in the world and don't let murderers enjoy the rest of their lives. If you want to treat felons like jaywalkers go right ahead. Just keep them in your country.

You see the difference is that our system does not produce such criminals. It just not our nature.

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 39):
Death By...Potassium Chloride

I suppose it could happen if someone dropped a 55-gallon drum of it on your head. Potassium cyanide works much better.  Wink

N1120A

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:59 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 41):
I suppose it could happen if someone dropped a 55-gallon drum of it on your head. Potassium cyanide works much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_chloride

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection

Perhaps it works better, but this is what they use (OD of it stops the heart) wink 

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:00 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 39):
Potassium Chloride

Fertilizer?

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 41):
Potassium cyanide works much better.

checkmark  And you won't need a 55 gallon drum . . .  wink 

LOL

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:04 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 42):
Perhaps it works better, but this is what they use (OD of it stops the heart)

Yeah, I know it screws up the electrolyte balance and all. I thought you were making reference to the Jim Jones Kool-Aid thread.  Wink

N1120A

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:16 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 44):
Yeah, I know it screws up the electrolyte balance and all. I thought you were making reference to the Jim Jones Kool-Aid thread.

Oh, no, I was talking about the sickness of the death penalties. Remember that guy down in San Diego who said his followers could be transported off in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet if they drank jello shots and barbituates?

Logan22L

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:38 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 45):
Remember that guy down in San Diego who said his followers could be transported off in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet if they drank jello shots and barbituates?

I thought that was Karen Ann Quinlan.  Wink

MDorBust

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:14 am

They both share similar medieval views and instincts !

Yes, just yesterday I was haveing such a terrible time getting my beloveds chastity belt off that I had to summon forth ye ol blacksmith. Lo and behold, we bespoke my affair to my beloveds father and now I findest myself locked in a stockade awaiting the iron maiden. Such a cruel fate, alas once the witches are burned my time is upon me.

sarcastic 
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

stuckinMAF

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:19 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 47):
Yes, just yesterday I was haveing such a terrible time getting my beloveds chastity belt off that I had to summon forth ye ol blacksmith. Lo and behold, we bespoke my affair to my beloveds father and now I findest myself locked in a stockade awaiting the iron maiden. Such a cruel fate, alas once the witches are burned my time is upon me.

I want some of what he's smoking!

NIKV69

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:20 am

it begins to become clear why the USA and Saudi Arabia are such staunch allies, even having the USA tolerating the Saudis causing havoc over some drawings. They both share similar medieval views and instincts

I won't even respond to this ridicoulous liberal propaganda.

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 34):
I can almost hear "God Bless America" when I read this. Fact is, I have no desire to treat felons like jaywalkers or for them to "enjoy the rest of their lives." The difference here is that I feel killing people is wrong, period. Also, I do not covet the money I earn so much, so I don't mind having some of it go to keep a murderer from being murdered.

Well we are not killing people, we are carrying out a state mandated sentence that a jury has handed down. Stop spinning everything. This man made a conscious decision to beat, rape and murder. Good riddance to him.

Quoting B707321C (Reply 40):
Seems to me you are not ready to craw out from the stone age not just yet. You will but it will take some time.

Yes, as soon as I have compassion for people who murder young girls I will crawl out from under my rock. I would rather stay under it and give innocent victims justice.

Quoting B707321C (Reply 40):
You see the difference is that our system does not produce such criminals. It just not our nature.

Ok, I will buy into your lame argument that your country society doesn't produce the violent people the USA does. We still will punish them properly.