Derico
Topic Author

X Chromosome In Mothers Linked To Sex Orientation?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:24 am

All I know is that even though I am straight, this sounds very very interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060222...omsgeneticsmighthelpproducegaysons
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

TWFirst

RE: X Chromosome In Mothers Linked To Sex Orientation?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:56 am

I was just about to post the same article. Certainly makes sense in my family (2 gay brothers).
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

N328KF

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:21 am

Quoting Derico (Thread starter):
All I know is that even though I am straight, this sounds very very interesting:

Why would one have to be gay to normally be interested in this?
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

diamond

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:47 am

Quoting Derico (Thread starter):
... even though I am straight ...

They're still searching for that chromosome that causes spontaneous denial and disclaimers.  Smile
Blank.

access-air

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:04 am

My question is are they giving equal time to research for the reason that girls turn out to be Lesbians and is it due to a parallel chromsome situation from the father?
In my opinion, when you start messing with this stuff you are playing God.
Next you will be able to custom order your children. Isnt this the same kind of stuff that Hitler attempted to do in order to try and create his "perfect" race?
Tricky stuff folks. I suggest they stop trying to find a reason for Gay people and just learn to live with people simply being different.
In my immediate family I am one of two gay sons out of four kids. Its funny that I was the first born and my gay brother was born last....
Anyway, thats all I have to say.

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

Klaus

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:48 am

It's not about "playing god" - it's about cutting off the usual bigoted argumentations and cruel attempts to "change" people who don't have any more chance than straight people do.

halls120

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:34 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 5):
It's not about "playing god" - it's about cutting off the usual bigoted argumentations and cruel attempts to "change" people who don't have any more chance than straight people do.

Interesting article. I've always thought there must be a genetic factor at play with regard to sexual preference.

Too bad, though, that at this point, it is just the mother's genetics that are the determining factor. Can you picture all the "well, it's your mother's fault" arguments in the future?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

searpqx

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:57 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 6):
Too bad, though, that at this point, it is just the mother's genetics that are the determining factor. Can you picture all the "well, it's your mother's fault" arguments in the future?

Isn't there a fair amount of identified genetic traits that are already determined throught the maternal line, i.e. male pattern baldness?

Quoting Klaus (Reply 5):

checkmark  I can't wait for the day that it's confirmed to be genetic in origin. I'm not one to gloat, but watching those that spend their lives telling me what a sinner I am eat their words is going to be fun!
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

halls120

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:03 am

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 7):
Isn't there a fair amount of identified genetic traits that are already determined throught the maternal line, i.e. male pattern baldness?

True, but I always told that I have thinning hair because my mother's father was bald - not because my mother's genes turned the hair switch off.

Now if they could just figure out a way to make my......no, better not go there.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Nordair

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:49 am

Good thing my mother is dead otherwise this news would kill her.  Smile
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short