futuresdpdcop

Ever Suspended From School/work?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Have you ever been suspended from school or work? What did you do to receive the suspension?

AeroWesty

RE: Ever Suspended From School/work?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:18 pm

No. I was sweet, pure and innocent ... until I found the internet.
International Homo of Mystery

Newark777

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Nope. I have been cited once since coming to college, but that's a little different.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

jap

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:23 pm

I was suspended permanently once... because I had gone in for two surgeries so I had too much abscence  mad 

Sorry I had to be in hospital while I was ill...  Yeah sure Pricks...
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:27 pm

Nope . . .

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

futuresdpdcop

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:27 pm

I was suspended in 6th grade for name calling. Had 2 days off. Been suspended from jobs mostly for bad attitude. My all time favorite from my last suspension.... I was dispatching for a tow company and i sent a text message over the computer to one of the drivers about another driver whos wife worked in the office with me. 3 days off for saying "Trina and her trailer trash boyfriend." 8 page suspension report in my file!!!

jetjack74

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:43 pm

I had an FAA mandated suspension from work a few years ago when we had an in-flight emergency. So it wasn't a disciplinary suspension.
Made from jets!

zarniwoop

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:38 pm

I got banned from accessing the computer at school.
My friend claimed he had the teachers passwords so we were joking about trying to hack into the network (like we would know how to do that aged 12) and apparantley the deputy headmaster over heard us, thought we were serious and banned us from the comuters for a year.......

LTU932

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:10 pm

I never got suspended from either school or work. Big grin However, I did get detention once in 9th grade. I had to come on a saturday and stay there until around 11 or 12, because on a day the prior week, our entire class was skipping class from 12 to 2 pm, except for one of the teacher's pets. And I did get warnings at school many times.

At work, I only got a "probation" once, because of an attitude problem I had and because I was in a slump, which made me work sloppy. This implied that my access priviledges were limited and my status as my boss's backup suspended for a month. I never called in late or sick though (though at one point, I came to work with a borderline bronchitis and once with a close to 40°C fever), and since I have started working for my call centre in 2003, I've had a more than perfect attendance as in latenesses and absenteeism. I came out of that probation better than ever, and I'm now in a programme for backup team managers, which will greatly increase chances of promotion.  Smile

noelg

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:47 pm

In Year 9 at school I was hit around the head out of the blue with someone's football boots (bloody hurt). I complained to the staff and after investigation the guy claimed I made a racist comment to him that provoked him.

mad 

I was suspended from school for one week without question purely on the basis of his allegation, and nothing at all happened to him.

Just goes to show what state this country is in when just pulling the racism card can get you off the hook!

Well at least I got a week off school, and am now in a good job - would love to see what that tosser's up to nowadays.

mhodgson

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:50 pm

Nope. How exciting  Smile
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

lordanmol

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:06 pm

Nope, but I am only in grade 8. Big grin
Hmmmmm....

RichardPrice

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Quoting Zarniwoop (Reply 7):
My friend claimed he had the teachers passwords so we were joking about trying to hack into the network (like we would know how to do that aged 12) and apparantley the deputy headmaster over heard us, thought we were serious and banned us from the comuters for a year.......

I also got banned from using the Schools computers without supervision, but mine was more understandable  Smile

The network admin was off for the week, on an overseas holiday, and some teachers (including the headteacher) wanted access to some data on the network server but couldnt access it because they didnt know any of the passwords required.

Overhearing this, I wander over (15 years old at the time) and offer some assistance in the matter. Of course they didnt think I, a mere child, could do anything but 5 minutes later, I had given the headteachers account full systemwide permissions and she had her data.

I was told never to do it again, and that I couldnt use anything connected to the schools network without having a teacher supervise me at all times. What a reward!

Kay

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm

was suspended when i was 8 for beating up my best friend. I remember being dragged to the director's office, then sent home. My parents were invited for discussions and I remember the look on their face when they came back.

was suspended at 10 with a whole bunch of friends, but I only remember the letter, not the reason.

was suspended at 17 when most of the class decided to go for a ski trip instead of school. All the students were suspended.

It rocked!!

Kay

LH526
Crew

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:16 pm

I got suspended from Frankfurt airport! Wanted to give me parents a unexpected welcome at the baggage claim I sneaked in ... to early unfortunately walking around rather suspiciously between the empty baggage belts. I got approached and was asked to leave.  Smile Amateur ... would do it a different way nowadays: Sneak in when the passengers come .. go with the flow!

Mario
LH526
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

boeingfanyyz

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 6):
I had an FAA mandated suspension from work a few years ago when we had an in-flight emergency. So it wasn't a disciplinary suspension.

What happened?

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

Sabena332

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:25 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Thread starter):
Have you ever been suspended from school or work?

Never from work but two times from school, of course I was innocent both times.  Wink

Furthermore I have been suspended from playing three football games because of a pretty violent and complete needless foul. Big grin

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

greasespot

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:29 pm

I got suspended a couple times a year from school. Ususally for skipping classes.

Never from work.

Once from here.

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

aviationmaster

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:54 pm

I was once sent back home with 11 others in my class for smoking and getting drunk on the thrid day of a five day school trip.

Now at my current school, I haven't been suspended (yet  Wink ), because it is too easy to get away with pranks and stuff Big grin

Good times Big grin

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 16):
Furthermore I have been suspended from playing three football games because of a pretty violent and complete needless foul. Big grin

rotfl  When did that happen?

pilot kaz

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Amazingly enough never  Silly

Even If I Was in student ring leaders that cuased for a strike by the students  Wink
-

Sabena332

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:00 am

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 18):
When did that happen?

It is already 10 years or so ago.

A guy from the other team had the ball and was running towards our goal, I followed him and when we reached the penalty area I jumped into his legs and broke his shinbone. The referee gave me directly the red card and I think I made it even worse when I called him a "blind idiot" (there was absolutely nothing to discuss, I was 110% guilty). Then the referee grabbed my arm and told me to cool down, that was making me even more angry and I tried to hustle him. All my team mates and even my coach came and tried to settle the dispute. When I went off the field I spit on the guy with the broken shinbone and called him a sissy.

Later I realized that I went completely overboard and visited the guy in hospital to apologize, then I drove to the referee's home and apologize there as well.

Patrick

Edit: I have to say that it was a pretty important game at the end of the season and we needed ever point to ascend to the league above. Normally I don't play in such a style.

[Edited 2006-02-23 17:07:39]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Aleksandar

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:30 am

There isn't such punishment in schools here, but I was almost expelled twice. The first time, I provoked the reaction when I went from class to class in my high-school asking everyone to come out and boycott classes. It was in 1991 and it was a month after huge demonstrations against Milosevic when one teenager, only few weeks older than me, was shot by the police (today, some refer to this case as the first death in more than a decade long conflict). The parliament was deciding whether to accept the resignation of the interior minister and there were rumors that he will be acquitted, which was unacceptable. I was already in non-government organization and it was decided that we should all go out in front of the parliament building and demand that resignation. Unfortunately, my schoolmates were not interested in that. Many went out of the school just to cut classes and later on, they all blamed me. For the next month or so, I was attacked by the school principle, all the teachers and some other school mates and only after the intervention of some opposition figures, they let me be (with worse mark in behaviour possible that drastically reduced my overall score in that school year).

Part two came a year later and I had no idea how school principle was vindictive. I was senior than and I caught pneumonia which was quite serious and I had to be out from school for two weeks. If someone has such a long absence it is demanded that he brings a written explanation from his doctor, which I did. What I didn't know that principle, in my case, demanded that the document should be given to my professors and principle by my mother. The problem was that my mother got sick and spent few months in and out of hospital. It started with swallen knee doctors needed six months to find out that is was ostheoporosis. I tried to explain that she can't make it to school and teachers and principles saw it as a perfect opportunity to get rid of me. With such a long absence without reasons for them aknowledged it meant automatic expulsion. So, it took few months of negotiations and some really ugly things that principle did to me simply because she could and wanted to.

So, fifteen years later I would still do exactly the same thing as I did. Despite all the problems and stresses I had, I have no regrets.

PS There was even a part three.....

[Edited 2006-02-23 18:45:54]
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

scott2187

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:36 am

Suspended from my old job for getting written up too many times.

Suspended from school in 9th grade for saying that i would cut the throat of a senior. i don't see what the big deal was?
“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.”

airbusA346

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:41 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 21):
PS There was even a prt three.....

Whats part 3.

And I have never been suspended from school. Big grin

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

jamesbuk

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:49 am

The closest I've been is a 45 mins after school for being 2 seconds late (literally) theni called the teacher a bastard so he gave me a 20 mins lunch detention. I see the logic............... Not!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

BigOrange

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:40 am

Was suspended from work once.

My crime??

To tell a new employee to be careful what she said to another person in the office. Someone else then said "oh yeah she's having an affair with the MD"

The new person went and told this person what had been said (except that all the blame was on me) who then phoned the MD to tell him.

I got 2 weeks unpaid suspension over the Christmas holiday.

The MD and the other person are now married with kids.

saxdiva

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:58 am

I racked up a few in school. Two for fighting (it was that kind of neighborhood), and one for truancy. Honestly, that cracked me up... they forbade me to come to school because I hadn't been showing up. Decades later, I still don't quite get the reasoning behind that.

No suspensions from work so far. My jobs haven't been the kind they suspend you from if you screw up--they just fire you. The one time I've been canned, though, it was the best thing that could have happened to my career. Funny how things turn out.  Wink

Matt72033

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:04 am

i got suspended from school lots of times! usually for fighting!
one time i got suspended for a month.....my head of year accused me of not going to a class so i got into a shouting match with him.....he called my mum in, we had a meeting......i called him a fu*king tosser....and got up and left
he chased me out of the school yelling at me "if you dont come back you'll never come back to this school again.....i turned round.....spat in his face, gave him the middle finger and walked off!

prosa

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:04 am

I had only one suspension in school, two days in sophomore year of high school for excessive tardiness.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

174thfwff

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:05 am

Suspended for a week in highschool due to sexual harrassment...

A freshmen (guy) was running his mouth and I said "Come here cutie for a good time." He ran and told the principal and I was suspended for a week. Now when my parents found out the true story, they told the principal to go shove it and was allowed back the next day. Go figure.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten, Uptown, what now? Lets make it happen.

shamrock350

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:08 am

I was suspended because one of the new students who was new to England said "it is not a good country I hate you all" and I said "if it is good enough for you to live in, then you must like it because you chose to live here" and a few of my friends said "I am proud of Canada but still respect England and I am thankful to live here" I agreed and said "I am proud of Ireland but still respect England and it's people". He said we were racist and that I was like George Bush so I told him to "Fu*king shut up or leave" soon it turned into a battle of about 15 people on each side shouting rude comments. So I and a few of my friends were suspended for three days.  Yeah sure

srbmod

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:17 am

Was suspended from school for three days twice while in high school. Was suspended three days from work six years ago for supposedly giving the day shift lead on my gate the "up yours" gesture. The funny thing about the suspension was how they did it. Instead of suspending me for three straight days, they suspended me for three straight Saturdays (Oh I was soooooooo crushed about it, that'll teach me); the only thing that hurt was that my Non-rev benefits were suspended until the last suspension day was served. The first Saturday I had already requested and had been approved for a PDO prior to the incident (One of my friends at work was having a huge party Friday night, so I needed the Saturday to recover), so I was suspended and still got paid for that day. The next Saturday, my friends who were off planned on going off and doing so stuff, so I probably would have called out that day anyway (a few of the group did), and the last Saturday I did nothing.

Lindy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:47 am

I was suspended from work for 1 day 5 years ago. Memory chip was missing from one of the computers in my building (5 000 users). Since I was the lead technician the blame was on me that I stole it. My f$@$#!en boss called late afternoon meeting (4:00pm) for all employees. On the meeting she said that she just wanted to say thank you for our hard work on the contract. After this BS meeting she said that myself, and another guy (programmer, but my best buddy in our office) should go to her office.
I didn't suspect anything - I went to her office and saw 3 people in suits. I went in and she told my friend to go to our vice-boss, so he went there.
They closed the door in her office and told me that I'm being investigated about theft. That scared the living f@$#! out of me. Then my boss left somewhere and I was there with those 3 attorneys hired by my company. I was questioned stupid questions, like what I would do if I would found wallet on the street, or what I would do if I lost this job. I was questioned for almost 3 hours. When they were done I had to go to my project director's office and wait there (it was geting close to 8pm). When I went there I saw my friend sitting there with my second boss.
I had to go to bathroom to take a leak but was denied permission to leave the room (at age 24). I was f$@# pissed. But after 8pm when my boss had to go too then he escorted myself and my friend to the john.
We went back to our office and my main boss came. (9pm) She said that we were suspended until further notice. They escorted both of us from the building, taking our office keys, and ID cards.
That day my friend started smoking cigarettes and his smoking till now  Smile We were both pissed, scared, angry and hell knows what else.
Next day my boss called me at home and told me that I can come back to work next day. I called my friend and he said that nobody have called him yet, he was really scared that they will fire him.
When I went to work my boss took me to her office and appologized for the situation. She said that nobody in the office knows about it so I shouldn't worry. F!##@ her! I've told everyone in our office about it. I wasn't guilty nor my friend. He came back to work after 3 days of suspension. My company spent over $20 000 on those lawyers to do this investigation for a month.
I could see that my computer at work was checked in every possible way, also my stuff in my desk and office were checked for possible theft.
Few days later I invited my boss to my office. I opened one of my hardware supply cabinets and I showed her over 100 identical memory chips (the same kind that was missing), and told her that if I ever wanted to take something from this office I would take it from my cabinet, I wouldn't be that stupid to take it from working/functional computer.
Till today I hate my boss - she's fake. People at our office joke about it that she did it to us (I'm Polish and my friend is also Polish) because she's German  Smile
In couple of months I will celebrate 10th anniversary of working in the same place/company. That was my horror story  Smile

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

noelg

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:10 am

Quoting Lindy (Reply 32):

That is harsh! What a load of crap - don't you just hate wise ass bosses like that. I got kept behind for two hours where I used to work for daring to question the judgement of my asshole boss. It's a very intimidating situation and the sign of a bad manager.

And all this over a f*****g memory stick! Bloody hell, is the company that hard up that they come down on you over that?

Fortunately where I work they are very good and treat the IT staff well - we are given a lot of ex-company IT equipment (PCs, keyboards, mice, components etc) as it saves it going to waste when the company replaces it.

jafa39

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:38 am

I was suspended from a job for being nuts, I was being harrassed and victimised at work by my boss and a colleague, (the boss wanted his mate in my job and wanted me out) they stole my things, changed the lock on my locker, kept nicking my left work boot, sent taxis round to the house, damaged my car, told lies about me, etc etc.

I protested and got called into the office, keys, radio etc taken off me, contact with other colleagues suspended and sent to see a psychiatrist, of all the bloody cheek!

I called in the union and wiped the floor with the lot of them, assholes to a man and a woman!

I got a good fat payout, a clean record and as much time as i needed to find another job, I got an upgraded job and never looked back.

Was horrible at the time though, made me sick with all the stress and worry.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Lindy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:41 am

My company did all of this just to show US federal government how good they are. In other words just to suck up to them. Also, my company is so cheap that for X-mass party they paid for our lunch in the bar next door ($15 per person, 18 people in total). I don't want to even start about X-mass bonus...
But to suck up they spent thousands of dollars for nothing... I've told her that next time she thinks that something is not wright, she should first come and see me.
I have more friends on the government side than in my office. And management in my company suck big time. Fortunately for me, I have to deal with them only twice a month during BS meetings. Other than that I work unsupervised and I like it.
If I didn't like my job I would have changed it long time ago. Right now I am on the top possition in IT department and I would hate to loose my seniority.

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Lindy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 34):
Was horrible at the time though, made me sick with all the stress and worry.

Thats exactly what I felt.

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

piercey

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:06 am

Mine ended the American way, in court....

On a bus coming back from a ski trip, I was sleeping. Then, a d@mn American Football player gave me a black eye. At this point I get up and yell at him between the "God d@mnit that hurt!" Moderator starts running from the back of the bus when this retard swings and misses. Me, twice as small, grabs the fire extinguishire. BAM! Kid out cold, and the moderator sees just me.

Next day, I'm called in to the principle office. Suspended one month. The other kid? 2 days!!!!!! My dad summed it up pretty well, "Like hell he is. We'll see you in court!" reduced to 3 days after appeal to school board. A lawsuit was filed by the tard for hospital bills, but was thrown out of court.  yes 

Story doesn't stop their. My friend was assulted a few months ago while he was sleeping on the school bus by the same kid. Later that night, he went to the hospital. The kd punched my friend so hard that his appendix ruptured.  no  Kid was suspended for only one f****** day!!!!!!! Vice-principle was fired a few weeks later for taking under-table bribes from the kids parents. Ugly lawsuit now in court for punitive and hospital.

The reason? Both of us were dating his twin sister at the time..............
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

jetjack74

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Quoting Boeingfanyyz (Reply 15):
What happened?

Smoke in the cabin on a DC9. Back in early 2001, we took off from FNT heading to DTW, and we had smoke in the cabin. We returned to FNT and evacuated the aircraft when we landed.
Made from jets!

fumanchewd

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:08 pm

I have had alot of jobs but I have only been fired from one. I was 19 and I had just started working in a printshop. My brother was arrested for a very serious crime, the police were following me around in unmarked vehicles, I had two detectives in cheasy hawaiin shirts threaten me on my college campus, I had a "ghetto bird" following me around one afternoon (they must have thought that I knew something and could lead them to someone-which I couldn't and didn't), I couldn't get a girlfriend no matter how much I tried, and I was considering popping myself.

Well, I ended up showing up to work about 15 minutes late everyday and I was depressed. My work was slower than it should have been and they put me on suspension. I am not the type to share my problems so I decided to just blow the job off. I never showed again and when I turned in the company shirts a month later, I received alot of judgemental glances and attitude but I just said, "Thank you for your time."

On a positive note, I found a job that appreciated my slowness and tardiness. I am happy to say that I now work for the TSAWink
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

lewis

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:45 pm

I was suspended for a day for smoking in my school's campus. I got caught because my headmistress came from behind and I ended up blowing smoke on her when she found me (LOL). For some reason, although I was suspended, I had to go to school that day and just get absences although I was there.

BMIFlyer

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:49 am

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Thread starter):
Ever Suspended From School/work?

Nope, but i have on occasion had "Detention" whilst at school  embarrassed 

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

sw733

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:17 am

Ohhh boy. I split my High School "career" between living with my parents in Namibia and living with my aunt/uncle/cousins/grandma in the Chicago, IL area (so I could get exposure to multiple cultures) In Chicago, it was for being involved in a cheating scam, and in Windhoek it was for having drugs at school (I was messed up the first half of my Jr. year).

Luckily, I didnt get arrested for either, but I was told I had no future by the principal of the school in the Chicago suburbs...idiot, I am about to graduate from a major 4 year university with honours and I have been granted a spot to be a TA of African History and Politics while I work on my MA at Univ. of Kentucky next year if I don't take the good paying full time job in Kansas instead...HA! I love it.

futuresdpdcop

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:09 am

Quoting FUMANCHEWD (Reply 39):
On a positive note, I found a job that appreciated my slowness and tardiness. I am happy to say that I now work for the TSA.

Just would like to point out you made this statement and no one else did. However, some may have been thinking it about the TSA as a whole.  Wink

san747

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:15 am

I got suspended once in 8th grade for "threatening"... really, what happened was me and this 7th grader were engaging in normal discourse (saying we'd kick each other's ass), and I said something stupid, and he told on me...
Scotty doesn't know...

PIA777

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:50 am

Caused a major outage once and was told to stop working for 2 weeks
with pay. I guess in a way its suspension.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

aaden

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:03 pm

three times from school

YYZflyer

Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:36 am

Never been suspended but i've had about a dozen detentions since grade 5 .
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.