rjpieces

Video Of London Muslim/Arab Demonstrators

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:55 pm

I suggest that everyone watch as much of this film as possible.

As QR332 would point out, this only represents a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims...But dam does this small minority scare the heck out of me.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...9405_Cartoon_Madness_on_Video&only
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

alberchico

RE: Video Of London Muslim/Arab Demonstrators

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:58 pm

whats actually scary is that there will probaly be violent acts against the people who drew those cartoons, just like Van Gough and his documentary. Islam will never recover from this in the eyes of the Western world.......
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

cedarjet

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:59 pm

They don't scare you. They embolden you in your rabid pro-Israeli campaign - the more we make these people look like nutters, the clearer our consciences when we steal their land (Palestine) and resources (Iraq et al).

Why shouldn't they be angry? We keep bombing the shit out of them. They're angry, not crazy. Trying to make them look crazy suits your purposes.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

alberchico

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:06 am

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 2):
They don't scare you. They embolden you in your rabid pro-Israeli campaign

was that to me or him ???
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

n229nw

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 am

Of course no one made a video of the anti-cartoon marches the next two weekends by 5000 and 10000 by peaceful Muslims who rejected the extremists...

Remember that several prominent British Muslim organizations were calling for the arrest of the extremists with the placards at this crazy demonstration...

But yes, those people are scary, and I some should be tried on incitement charges where a decent legal case can be made.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

n229nw

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:19 am

Why shouldn't they be angry? We keep bombing the shit out of them. They're angry, not crazy. Trying to make them look crazy suits your purposes.

No, they're angry and crazy. Come on! "We love Osama! We love Osama! We will invade Denmark and take their wives as war booty!" That is crazy, and scary.

Don't make excuses for them. (unless you would make the same excuses for all the idiots driving around the US after 9/11 with "nuke mecca" or "nuke the whole middle east" signs on their pickup trucks). Rjpieces has pretty skewed views about Arabs and Muslims, but it seems you might too in the other direction...

[Edited 2006-02-27 16:31:48]
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:00 am

In all fairness, we keep bombing the shit out of the Middle East, not Muslims in the UK. There's no justification for some of the signs we saw. Then again, there's no law against protesting - however stupid that protest may be.
Your bone's got a little machine

prosa

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:26 am

I can't play the video clip on the computer I'm using. So I have a question: approximately how many demonstraters are there? Something tells me this isn't a huge demonstration with thousands (or even hundreds) of people.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

ANCFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:36 am

They don't scare you. They embolden you in your rabid pro-Israeli campaign - the more we make these people look like nutters, the clearer our consciences when we steal their land (Palestine) and resources (Iraq et al).

Interesting point of view - skewed IMO, but interesting.

They're angry over a cartoon . . . . now - that's crazy. Any damned way you slice it . . .

We aren't bombing the shit out of them . . . I can't recall a single time in history we've bombed the UK.

Speaking of bombing, they've bombed more of their own shit and killed more of their Muslim brothers and sisters recently than any coalition military force . . .

They are crazy . . . just as crazy as the nutjob preacher and his followers here in the states . . . no different. Extremists the lot of 'em.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

alberchico

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:39 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 8):
They are crazy . . . just as crazy as the nutjob preacher and his followers here in the states . . . no different. Extremists the lot of 'em.

If muslims don't stand up against these nutjobs using violence in the name of their religion, then the reputation of Islam will plummet in the eyes of Westerners.

Schoenorama

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:40 am

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
As QR332 would point out, this only represents a small minority of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims...But dam does this small minority scare the heck out of me.

If you recognize that these people only represent a (very) small percentage of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, why is it you want everyone to watch the video? What's more, how come only a very small group of people is apparently able to scare the sh1t out of you?

Can't you see that you are doing exactly what this tiny minority wants you to do? You're scared sh1tless by a handfull of wackos. Worst of all, this tiny minority is responsable for your everincreasing anti-Arab and anti-Muslim sentiments. It's these few wackos who want a global Holy War and by God/Allah/whatever, you are doing exactly what they want you to do.

(BTW, Littlegreenfootballs probably is not the best source for objective info on Arabs and/or Muslims).
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

ANCFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:53 am

Quoting Schoenorama (Reply 10):
What's more, how come only a very small group of people is apparently able to scare the sh1t out of you?

While this is a valid point, might I remind you it was but a small group of extremists that caused some serious probmes on 9/11 . . .

Quoting Schoenorama (Reply 10):
Worst of all, this tiny minority is responsable for your everincreasing anti-Arab and anti-Muslim sentiments.

Only with the narrow minded . . .

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 9):
If muslims don't stand up against these nutjobs using violence in the name of their religion, then the reputation of Islam will plummet in the eyes of Westerners.

What concerns me to a fair degree is the relative 'inaction' of the majority of the Muslims that appear to voice their disagreement with these violent protests, yet fail - apparently - to try to do anything to stop them. In my opinion, that signifies tacet approval of the action while not putting any of the non-extremists 'on the spot' so to speak . . . it can always be said that "Well, maintstream Muslims disagree with this activity". Just a cover their ass tactic.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Aleksandar

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 am

does this small minority scare the heck out of me.

Well, those things are always scary, but it seems to me that the scariest thing is that we simply don't understand each others. Muslims didn't understand Scandinavian sarcasm in those cartoons, West didn't understand why are Muslims angry about and most of all, West didn't understand the level of violence in those protests, so the vicious circle is opened and can go on and on and on as long as somebody tries to understand the other side.....
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:16 am

Another reason to ship em back to where they came from  Angry

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:18 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 13):
Another reason to ship em back to where they came from Angry

What jingoistic, racist, BNP-style nonsense. The vast majority of Muslims in Britain are British citizens!

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:23 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 14):
racist

Ok, well first of all, i'm not a racist  irked 

If they are immigrants then they should be deported.

If they are "british" then we should Jail them.

Lee

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:26 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 15):

If they are "british" then we should Jail them.

For, uh, exercising their right to free speech?

So in your mind, it's perfectly alright for a newspaper to print pretty insulting and derogatory cartoons, but a guy with a placard should be jailed?

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 15):
Ok, well first of all, i'm not a racist

Most certainly you are. Your implication was that the people protesting, who were by definition Muslims, weren't truly British, were immigrants and didn't belong here.

cedarjet

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:27 am

It was to him - RJPieces. Of course he wants us to watch it. Perhaps next time he could add a link to footage of a "Bomb Iraq" party in the US, or just cut to the chase and show what US firepower will do to an Iraqi village.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

PIA777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:34 am

Those people are stupid. I think some of those people should be arrested
For making those threats.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

jacobin777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:35 am

I suggest that everyone watch as much of this film as possible.

They don't scare you. They embolden you in your rabid pro-Israeli campaign

exactly......that's about it.....i've seen him start these kinds of threads only to leave the scene..

nothing more..
"Up the Irons!"

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 18):
Those people are stupid. I think some of those people should be arrested
For making those threats.

They're merely a bunch of idiots with signs. That's not a crime, and shouldn't be.

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 16):
For, uh, exercising their right to free speech?

No, not that.

Dont you remember that certain of these "British" citizens were burning the country flag?

Now that is a crime, and they should be punished for it.

This discussion is now finished.

Lee

MYT332

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:37 am

777236ER. What would you do if you were PM? There's a problem isn't there, how would you address it?

BMIFlyer isn't racist, I know him but him and the UK are just tired of this shit.

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 16):
but a guy with a placard should be jailed?

It wasn't just a placard though was it?
One Life, Live it.

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 21):
Dont you remember that certain of these "British" citizens were burning the country flag?

Now that is a crime, and they should be punished for it.

Burning the Union Flag is surely just an expression of feeling. If anyone were prosecuted for such a thing, there would be uproar.

Just because someone disagrees with you? Right. Everything's black and white isn't it? Muslims are ungreatful, ship 'em all back.

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 am

Actually, lets look at the comments on the video shall we.....

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl..._Cartoon_Madness_on_Video#comments

Lee

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 24):
Actually, lets look at the comments on the video shall we.....

I assume you would want 'the asylums' to learn basic English before coming here?

You'd jail people for the things they say and think?

Aleksandar

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 18):
Those people are stupid.

Exactly.  checkmark  Unfortunately, there isn't a law against human stupidity, I guess.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

PIA777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:41 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 20):
They're merely a bunch of idiots with signs. That's not a crime, and shouldn't be.

Looked to me like they were being told to rise up and attack. Didn't you
here the stupid comments they were making? I am sure the people who
were wounded in the London attacks were terrorized to see all this.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:41 am

Right, lets see....

Placards saying that those who discrace islam should be slaughtered.

That is incitement to murder, and racial hatred, a crime under British Law.

Now disagree with that  irked 

Lee

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:42 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 22):
777236ER. What would you do if you were PM? There's a problem isn't there, how would you address it?

The problem is quite small. And before you tell me otherwise, I'm originally from Bradford and go back to visit my parents regularly. First step? Close all faith schools.

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 22):
It wasn't just a placard though was it?

Protests, placards, speeches etc are all legal, and an important part of democracy.

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 28):
Placards saying that those who discrace islam should be slaughtered.

That is incitement to murder, and racial hatred, a crime under British Law.

The Holy Grail is also incitement to racial hatred, a crime under British law. Yet Monthy Python haven't been charged, have they?

Incitement is purely subjective, which is why no one has been prosecuted under it. It is ridiculous, reactionary and limits freedoms in the UK.

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 27):

Looked to me like they were being told to rise up and attack. Didn't you
here the stupid comments they were making? I am sure the people who
were wounded in the London attacks were terrorized to see all this.

Being stupid isn't a crime. Disagreeing with the majority isn't a crime. Disagreeing with the state isn't a crime.

Then again, given you comments in some of the cartoon threads, these comments don't surprise me.

It amazes me how BMIflyer and others can, on the one hand, condemn people marching against a cartoon published with the protection of free speech, but on the other hand want those people deported for what they say!

MYT332

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:10 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 29):
The problem is quite small

Yet it's still there and the results are fairly obvious, don't deny that.

I'm originally from Bradford

I figured that out a while back from your demeanor, maybe even your username was a subliminal clue but it doesn't bother me nor would it anybody else. We're not a racist nation, we're built on multi-ethnicity.

Protests, placards, speeches etc are all legal, and an important part of democracy.

True but there is a time when you have to take your head out of your arse and realise that there are issues here.

First step? Close all faith schools.

Second close churches and mosques?
One Life, Live it.

rjpieces

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 17):
Perhaps next time he could add a link to footage of a "Bomb Iraq" party in the US, or just cut to the chase and show what US firepower will do to an Iraqi village.

With all seriousness, how is that (or Israel) related AT ALL? Stick to the topic at hand.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:39 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 31):

I figured that out a while back from your demeanor, maybe even your username was a subliminal clue but it doesn't bother me nor would it anybody else. We're not a racist nation, we're built on multi-ethnicity.

You figured what out? I'm white!!

True but there is a time when you have to take your head out of your arse and realise that there are issues here.

There is clearly an issue. But it's not as black and white as some here make out. Locking people up for what they say and think will only push people further towards the extreme end of the scale. Unless there's a clear and frank debate with the Muslim community, nothing will change for the better. Further alienation will help no one.

Second close churches and mosques?

Definately not, the step is bigger than you're implying. Faith schools are perhaps the biggest cause of religious intollerance amongst young people. Kids don't listen to their parents, they listen to their peers. When their peers are taught that Islam/Christianity/whatever is the faith, then we get the type of jingoistic racist nonsense (from all sides) that we see now.

MYT332

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 33):
You figured what out? I'm white!!

Ok well regardless you're from a place that has a diverse population and so you have attitudes that reflect that.

, I'm originally from Bradford and go back

It's true wouldn't you say?

Locking people up for what they say and think will only push people further towards the extreme end of the scale.

Oh yes agreed but on the other hand you shouldn't be aloud to incite racial hatred which I know you will agree with. Of course the protests aren't supported by the majority and it is a minority issue.

Kids don't listen to their parents, they listen to their peers

No children are sponges and will listen to anybody with authority.

[Edited 2006-02-27 19:57:18]
One Life, Live it.

jacobin777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 32):
With all seriousness, how is that (or Israel) related AT ALL? Stick to the topic at hand.

topic at hand, which you seem to enjoy starting a typical flamebit "lets bash muslims again today"... sarcastic 
"Up the Irons!"

EWROwznj00

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:55 am

Ahhh yes, the a.net weekly anti-Arab, anti-Islam thread, courtesy of of our own RJ.

Seriously man, when are you going to stop trying to stir things up here with your transparent hatred of all things Arab and Islamic?
Yes, there is a typo in my username. No need to point it out.

rjpieces

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 35):
which you seem to enjoy starting a typical flamebit "lets bash muslims again today"...

Quoting EWROwznj00 (Reply 36):
Ahhh yes, the a.net weekly anti-Arab, anti-Islam thread, courtesy of of our own RJ.

A video of tons of Muslims screaming for more terrorist attacks in the West, and I am accused of being anti-Arab?

Gary2880

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:44 am

LOL, it has been proclaimed.

we're built on multi-ethnicity.

yes were built on it because we used to own most of the world, who in turn kicked us out. making, again the minority, in this country extremely racist such as the BNP, fools thinking that we should kick anyone out that wears a turban. thinking because of the empire we are somehow better than the rest of them.

America has the Neo Nazis and KKK.

Britain has the BNP and roy chubby brown.

the Muslim world has their extremists. just the same way the aforementioned groups are minority's not supported by the rest, the Muslim extremists are not supported by the majority.

is it stupid to judge the whole of the west by the actions of the neo nazis? yes. is it stupid to judge the whole of the muslim community by the actions of the extremists? yes.

and those who say that the rest of the muslim world should be standing up against the extremists. how would you like them to do that? a peaceful protest where the extemists would probably end up turning on them because they are non believers, or that they dont believe enough. that they are toys of the evil west and other such crap. the ladys have some real bollocks pictured above to do that. deepest respect.

would you go into a neo nazi rally with their balled heads tattoos guns and hatred. stand up on their stage and announce in front of the whole crowd that they should stop it because what they do is nasty?
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 34):
Ok well regardless you're from a place that has a diverse population and so you have attitudes that reflect that.

My views are a product mainly of my education, I think. If anything, growing up in Bradford (pretty segregated population, race riots) would give me views on the right. I think it's quite bizarre that because I defend freedom of speech I must be of Muslim ethnic origin?

Oh yes agreed but on the other hand you shouldn't be aloud to incite racial hatred which I know you will agree with. Of course the protests aren't supported by the majority and it is a minority issue.

This shows clearly the ludicrous nature of incitement laws. What's inciteful to me isn't to you.

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 37):

A video of tons of Muslims screaming for more terrorist attacks in the West, and I am accused of being anti-Arab?

Time and time again the posts you start bitch about Arabs and Muslims.

No children are sponges and will listen to anybody with authority.

But views that continue into adulthood come mainly from peers. The views of the London suicide bombers weren't generally reflected by their parents, who were generally aghast that their kids would go to such lengths. While their parents might have been negligent to raise kids so suceptable to radical views, they got those views from their peers, not parents.

windshear

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:12 am

What I think the Muslim majority should do, is to accept or at least deal with the very loud minority!
I am tired of people feeling acused by us, saying Islam does not make terrorists and so on, while these parade away saying the exact oposite, WHILE BEING MUSLIM...

It is really hard to not notice those who openly spew hatred and promote death to anyone less than wahab Muslim.

As I asked UAE 773 or what his name was, if we misunderstand or exaggerate, then how should these placards be understood or translated. How would a Muslim country react if this was the opposite situation!
There would be massive decapitations that is for sure...

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting Windshear (Reply 40):
How would a Muslim country react if this was the opposite situation!

If we demonstrated in say Riyadh like they did in London, we'd be shot!

Lee

777236ER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 41):
If we demonstrated in say Riyadh like they did in London, we'd be shot!

Which doesn't really have that much to do with disenchanged Brits, does it?

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 42):
Which doesn't really have that much to do with disenchanged Brits, does it?

I was answering his question, jeez man.  Yeah sure

Lee

cfalk

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:40 am

the more we make these people look like nutters, the clearer our consciences when we steal their land (Palestine) and resources (Iraq et al).

Nobody is making them look like nutters. They are doing a fine job all by themselves, without any help from anyone.

Why shouldn't they be angry? We keep bombing the shit out of them.

And who started the bombing, pray tell?

Granted, the protest in the film was a pretty small one. I saw maybe a hundred or so of them, and not all seemed particularly happy with some of the more inflammatory stuff. But if I were a Muslim in that crowd, I would have beaten the crap out of the asswipe who started yelling "Osama, we love you!". I would be punching him while telling him that he and those like him are the reason why other Muslims and Arabs are mistrusted, and are accepted by host societies with difficulty, and why Arab businesses get harsher treatment around the world, like the US port deal.

There will only be peace when a massive majority of the muslim and arab populations declare their unequivocal rejection of terrorists and their methods.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Gary2880

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:00 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 44):

in Iraq? good question.

why other Muslims and Arabs are mistrusted

i have no mistrust for muslims or arabs, thanks all the same. the people who do mistrust 1.3 billion on the actions of a few are narrow minded ignorant fools, nothing more. nothing less. until they realize that ...

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 38):
America has the Neo Nazis and KKK.

Britain has the BNP and roy chubby brown.

the Muslim world has their extremists. just the same way the aforementioned groups are minority's not supported by the rest, the Muslim extremists are not supported by the majority.

then they will continue to be narrow minded, ignorant, fools.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

Arsenal@LHR

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:13 am

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 45):
i have no mistrust for muslims or arabs, thanks all the same. the people who do mistrust 1.3 billion on the actions of a few are narrow minded ignorant fools, nothing more. nothing less. until they realize that ...

Well said Gary. When religious and racial tension is high, it is all too easy to generalise, stereotype and lump everyone in the same category. Unfortunately it is a commom attribute amongst a lot of users on this forum and elsewhere. I will make no attempt to defend the disgraceful behaviour of a minority fanatical muslims holding these placards at the demo, they are damaging the reputation of good muslims. But at the same time i cannot and will not accept my character being assasinated because of the actions of a few. There are more 1.6 million muslims in the UK, but all it takes is for a few hundred to take to the streets with violent placards for people to view you with suspicion and put all the blame on you.
In Arsene we trust!!

jacobin777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:35 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 37):

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 39):
Time and time again the posts you start bitch about Arabs and Muslims.

checkmark  exactly, and that's why I posted my comments......its so BLATANTLY obvious!!
"Up the Irons!"

cfalk

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Quoting Gary2880 (Reply 45):

in Iraq? good question.

Go back further. Say, 10, 20, 30, 40 or more years.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

windshear

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Why shouldn't they be angry? We keep bombing the shit out of them.

Sheesh Cedarjet... You are Libanese aren't u??
Glad to hear that you have been integrated so well, you say we are bombing... But these bastards are living in the UK! So we are not bombing THEM, they want to bomb us...

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman