ffis34

How To Get Over Your First Love....

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:41 am

ok so i am so down right now i came to a.net for a little help, im sure atleast 50% of a.net have had their first love...i just broke up with mine because it wasnt going anywhere, there was never time for anything, i am only 16, and these past 2 weeks have been so stressful, i dont understand how your suppose to just move on with life after looseing a best friend...i love her still so much, but now we dont even talk...and i cant stand it, im tearing myself up...so i guess my question is how'd you guys get over your first love.

o yeah i have known her for 2 years, of the 2 years we have been dating for a year and half...it was so amazing, i miss it...

so lets here about your first love, do you still talk to them, how long did it take you to get over them, all that kinda stuff...

brad

yeah yeah i know i have set myself up for some serious flameing, go ahead

BMIFlyer

RE: How To Get Over Your First Love....

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:42 am

This thread may help you, It helped me alot. Not my first love, but still....

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/838192

Lee

[Edited 2006-02-27 23:44:52]
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

cfcuq

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:42 am

Rush out and shag another, the sooner the better. Don't confuse love with lust.

aerobalance

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:50 am

Quoting Ffis34 (Thread starter):
...i just broke up with mine because it wasnt going anywhere, there was never time for anything, i am only 16, and these past 2 weeks have been so stressful, i dont understand how your suppose to just move on with life after looseing a best friend...i love her still so much, but now we dont even talk

Obviously a one-sided imaginary relationship, move on to your next video game and just chill knowing that your parents are paying for everything at the moment. Life is good and you don't even know it....
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

airtran737

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:53 am

I'd kill her and make her skin into a lampshade.

Seriously though, you're sixteen, get back on your horse and find a new girlfriend. Remember you'll only be able to bang under age chicks for two more years, so enjoy those times now.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:55 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 4):
Remember you'll only be able to bang under age chicks for two more years, so enjoy those times now

rotfl 

Perv  Wink

Lee

airtran737

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:56 am

Now for my real answer. She is your first love, and I'm sure that everyone will agree that no matter what happens you always hold a special place for your first love. I am still best friends with my first love, and have continued to be so since we broke up almost six years ago. You're young, so it probably wasn't as serious of a relationship as your are making it out to be. Time will pass, your heart will heal, and you will move on. Just don't do anything rash, be sensible.

airtran737

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:57 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 5):
Perv

It's true, Baz Lurhman said to "enjoy the power and beauty of your youth" this lad needs to do just that.

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 7):
It's true, Baz Lurhman said to "enjoy the power and beauty of your youth" this lad needs to do just that

We have all been there  Wink

Lee

Birdwatching

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:59 am

Whoa whoa whoa, give this guy a break! This is some serious stuff, and you turn this into a clowning frenzy!

Brad, why exactly did you two break up? From all you wrote above, it seems like you two still want each other a lot. Here's my advice:
Wait a couple of months, date another girl, make your ex jealous. And get yourself some additional experience, above the sheets and under. And after that, you either go back to your ex, or you've realized that she might not be ALL you ever wanted. Go for it. You have nothing to lose, except a whole pile of ca$$$$$$$h.

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

yowza

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:06 am

Some (ok a lot) of single malt scotch, an oz of BC hydro and a night at the rippers with the boys would be a good start.

YOWza

nkops

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:07 am

date her sister or best friend... worked for me!!!!  Big grin
:evil:

kaddyuk

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:08 am

Box of tissues, Tub of KY Jelly and the recent edition of "Razzle" should make you feel a WHOLE lot better...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

ANCFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 am

Too much???
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 12):
Box of tissues, Tub of KY Jelly and the recent edition of "Razzle" should make you feel a WHOLE lot better...

So thats what you get up to when Janni isn't around huh?  Wink

Lee

Birdwatching

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 12):

Make that a box of tissues and the latest issue of Airways magazine. (The one with the JetBlue A320 centerfold)
Signed, 95% of CivAv forum

[Edited 2006-02-28 00:11:19]
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 13):

Too much???

LMAO @ ANC  laughing 

Lee

SWISSER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 am

i dont understand how your suppose to just move on with life after looseing a best friend...i love her still so much, but now we dont even talk...and i cant stand it, im tearing myself up...so i guess my question is how'd you guys get over your first love.

Are you sure you are "over" the girl?
Or is she over you?
Not talking after 2 years of "les affaires" is not good at all!
Think over it, get in touch at least, you can loose a love, loosing a friend is much worse!

If you think you defenitly need to move on,
The best remedy for me to get over her in this situation is knowing she has started dating another guy or just suspect that she does that, then the "butterflies" simply melt in a couple of seconds and you can say, "C'est finit, salut "ma" copine!"
worked for me anyway back then, and then you can move on!

Now the best thing for me to get over them is a good disgusting wordfight, and the butterflies in your stomach vaporise by each word that comes out of her, depending on the words and tone you know if there is still love or not.
It's harsch, but I found that it can safe or end a relationship much quicker.

And keep in mind that the chances are higher then you think that you will fall in love again with an even better person!
Even I was surprised that that was in fact the truth!

and at last,
even if you are desperate, the guys and gals at A.net can help you too!
you will never walk alone!  Wink

BTW, the thread BMIFlyer linked,
that is bad, way bad...not to stop loving her, but hating her to move on.
What time is top of descent?

BMIFlyer

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting SWISSER (Reply 17):
BTW, the thread BMIFlyer linked,
that is bad, way bad...not to stop loving her, but hating her to move on.

It was an experience, I can tell you  Sad

Lee

SWISSER

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:57 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 18):
It was an experience, I can tell you

I hope you are happy again,
With or without someone else!
(also a U2 title BTW!  Wink )

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 9):
Wait a couple of months, date another girl, make your ex jealous. And get yourself some additional experience, above the sheets and under. And after that, you either go back to your ex, or you've realized that she might not be ALL you ever wanted. Go for it. You have nothing to lose, except a whole pile of ca$$$$$$$h.

bigthumbsup 
Great idea, after you get yourself over the situation!
My sister does that too, she makes slaves of her ex-boyfriends!
Can come in handy too!  Wink
What time is top of descent?

theCoz

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:05 pm

yeah yeah i know i have set myself up for some serious flameing, go ahead

You are a ceiling fan!

Okie

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:08 pm

Grand Pa told me " best way to get over a woman is to get over another woman "

Okie

TuffGong

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:08 pm

well its safe to say your going to be getting pretty close with your right hand through these hard times. pun intended.
Meet you at the Ol' Yacht club for a pint.

aerobalance

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:27 pm

Quoting Okie (Reply 21):
best way to get over a woman is to get over another woman

damn straight, go out and have some fun finding another!

senorcarnival

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:39 pm

In order to do this, you must be able to drive and hope she's willing to go out with you one more time:
Tell her you'd like to talk things over with her over dinner. Take her out, drop her off up front at the restaurant and tell her you need to go park the car. Instead of parking the car and going in, go home. Big grin

Yeah, this post-breakup period sucks. You'll also find out who your real friends are when you need someone to be your friend and listen to you bitch about her.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

panam330

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:31 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 10):
Some (ok a lot) of single malt scotch, an oz of BC hydro and a night at the rippers with the boys would be a good start.

What are you trying to do, kill him  Wink?

MSYtristar

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:36 pm

spank the monkey dude.

yowza

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:40 pm

Quoting PanAm330 (Reply 25):
What are you trying to do, kill him Wink?

Weed, booze and nudity have never really hurt anyone that badly. Now and eight ball of yayo would have been dangerous.  Wink

YOWza

sw733

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:43 pm

Funny thing about my first love. She was a bitch. She was controlling, manipulative, untrusting, and than cheated on me...so I dumped her. After that, she started saying how I was the greatest, how she made a huge mistake, and how she wanted to get back together. I said no. We lost contact for a few months, and than she contacted me again trying to make me jealous by telling me about all these guys she had gotten with, all the sex she was having, etc. Funny thing was, it made me realize how much of a trashy, useless slut she was and she did herself in and helped me get over her in a 20 minute conversation what I couldnt do in the 5 months between the breakup and that convo - GET OVER HER! It was perfect. She is currently about to give birth to a child who she THINKS she knows who the father is (the guy she is engaged to, who already has 2 kids with 2 different women). Oh sweet revenge.

greasespot

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Ok...Now all the adlts are done having fun...Time for some serious advice...  wink 

There is no secret. There is not solution. The only thing that wil help you get over her is time. Sorry that is a brilliant as it gets.

YOu can try and keep ourself occupied doing as much as possible but when you are alone or have a slow part you will think of her. That is ok. That is the cool thing about a first love and whant makes it so special. I am sure everyone of us to this day thinks about their first love with a certain fondness that will never fade. The first of anything is special. Allow yourself to keep it in your heart as you move forward the next few days/weeks.

Will it get easier? Yes....but only becasue it will fade and your mind will erect walls to protect itself....But you will never forget...

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

TuffGong

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 29):
Will it get easier? Yes....but only becasue it will fade and your mind will erect walls to protect itself....But you will never forget...

very true.
I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 3 years about 6 months ago. We were best friends, had a tight knit group of friends, we did everything together and all that kinda lovey dovey stuff. it was hard for me when we broke up because i thought i knew for a fact that she was the one for me, for me it was perfect, i have a career, a house, truck and then I had her but thats not the way it went.

I tried being friends with her after but everyone knows that never works. We still talk occasionally and its funny the thing that helped me the most was laying our feelings all out on the table, she told me she saw no future and for some reason, 5 months later, it really helped and since then she's barely been on my mind.

my advice to you Ffis34 is to keep yourself occupied, busy and having fun. The slow times during your day will be hard but as Greasespot said above me, the best thing is time.
Meet you at the Ol' Yacht club for a pint.

nkops

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 21):
Grand Pa told me " best way to get over a woman is to get over another woman "

or under if you prefer
:evil:

msllsmith

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:22 am

I flattened three of the tires on his truck..... would have flattened the fourth, but a police cruiser pulled up and suggested I move on.

That's the truth. At the time I felt much better.

(He was my best friend.... and is still 'call-able' after all these years)
There's nothing more beautiful than flying into the dawn.

BMIFlyer

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:23 am

Quoting Msllsmith (Reply 32):
I flattened three of the tires on his truck..... would have flattened the fourth, but a police cruiser pulled up and suggested I move on.

LMFAO  rotfl 

Way to go  Wink

Lee

ffis34

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:24 am

hey hey guys,

of all places to come to for alittle help i go to a.net, and to my surprise some of your comments make sense, well heres a little update, she called me last night 6 times wanting to talk to me about all of this, and so i picked up the 6th time, and the first thing i get was I was a complete bitch, and then the heavens opened and all this crap she was giving me was just her being herself...she was over stressed between her afterschool sport thing and her 4 classes and 3 internet courses...in the end she sat there crying and for some reason it didnt really affect me at all...i just sat there explaing its 2 am I am tires and i want to go to bed, and then she told me she will love me forever and she wants to be with me forever and i hung up...i get a call at 4 30 AM from her....i just had a nightmare you dated another girl and i commited suicide...it was a little odd...anyways, she thinks im being a dick for not talking to her anymore....

brad

aerobalance

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Ffis34 (Reply 34):
i get a call at 4 30 AM from her....i just had a nightmare you dated another girl and i commited suicide...it was a little odd...anyways, she thinks im being a dick for not talking to her anymore....

Freekin' hormones......

msllsmith

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting Ffis34 (Reply 34):
hey hey guys,

of all places to come to for alittle help i go to a.net, and to my surprise some of your comments make sense, well heres a little update, she called me last night 6 times wanting to talk to me about all of this, and so i picked up the 6th time, and the first thing i get was I was a complete bitch, and then the heavens opened and all this crap she was giving me was just her being herself...she was over stressed between her afterschool sport thing and her 4 classes and 3 internet courses...in the end she sat there crying and for some reason it didnt really affect me at all...i just sat there explaing its 2 am I am tires and i want to go to bed, and then she told me she will love me forever and she wants to be with me forever and i hung up...i get a call at 4 30 AM from her....i just had a nightmare you dated another girl and i commited suicide...it was a little odd...anyways, she thinks im being a dick for not talking to her anymore....

brad

Well, good. It looks like you're on the road to recovery. It's all part of growing up.

trekster

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:30 am

Mate, feel sorry for u. I know what your going thru. I had my first love last year. knew the guy for 2 years before the L word was mentioned (LONG DISTANCE BTW, he lives in the US) Anyway, i had the best week of my life with him, but afterwords, things went down hill. We did not talk as much, each had to keep canx meets, and trips due to work, and got stressfull, so we decided to call it a day.
I was good friends with him first, and hoped we could go back to that. We used to talk all the time, and when we were going out talked morning and nite. It was, and still is hard to not do that now as he is so busy with work, and by his own admission goes against his word re speaking to me. We do speak, but not as much as i would like, but am used to it now, took me a long time to get used to it,but its life. DONT rush out and sleep with the first person u see, that wont do any good. Its not going to heal the wounds, jsut make em go for a day, then they will come back
Where does the time go???

fbgdavidson

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:00 am

This thread is hilarious and certainly testiment to the fact you should never seek relationship advice on any internet forum Big grin

16yr old boy breaks up with "love of his life" and gets slammed with comments like:
-Kill her and turn her into a lampshade
-Wank over a porn mag
-Wank over an AIRLINE mag
-Go back to playing on his X-Box
-Bang another underage chica

rotfl 

My advice would be, you're 16yrs old and over the next few years you will grow up immensely. IME American boys don't become men until they are about 25 (the majority here are so immature!) so I'll bet money she isn't the love of your life. Of the couples I remember from highschool that people thought would last a total of 0% have made it four years past!

As you grow up you'll notice how much you change and the people you once were great friends with change and will probably laugh at the fact you thought this girl was the one!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

usnseallt82

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:40 am

How To Get Over Your First Love....

...and move on to the next one.  bigthumbsup 
Crye me a river

ffis34

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 am

yeah, sometimes i wished i played video games...i just dont have any interest in shooting or raceing on a tv. it seems rather pointless, and i dont want to become the end result of video games..i have seen what happens after the first month

brad

BMIFlyer

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:43 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 39):

Remember the penis enlarger from the Austin Powers movie?

"It's My Bag Baby"  Wink

Lee

L-188

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:24 pm

If it is a true friend you want, get a dog.

They don't bitch if you come home late, and don't steal your beer.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

msllsmith

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:47 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 42):
get a dog......They don't bitch if you come home late, and don't steal your beer.

That's very true...... Dogs drink Jack Daniels.

waterpolodan

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:46 am

Some advice from my personal experience. I had my first serious girlfriend when I was 15, we dated for a year and we told each other that we were in love and of course we did the typical naive first love thing of thinking it would "last forever"... I ended up becoming interested in another girl at my high school and broke up with the first girl to be with the 2nd, and even though I tried to break up as gently as possible, she was crushed and cried on the phone with me for a couple weeks... the point is, I wasn't particularly sad because I had become totally infatuated by somebody else, which made me realize that at the age of 15/16/whatever, it's not love, it's a transient lust that is guided by hormones. Also, take comfort in knowing that your 16 year old love may seem like she was perfect, but every girl I've dated in the 5 years since my first one has been better than the last, so even if it doesn't seem like you'll ever find anyone better, you most certainly will and you can look forward to that with anticipation and move on from this girl...

Braybuddy

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:11 pm

NEVER go running after anyone. Play hard to get: if she's not interested at least you won't make a fool of yourself, if she IS interested, she'll come after you . . . and it looks like she's doing that already. Make her sweat a little more.. .

gunsontheroof

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Alcohol, friends, good records. Worked for me.

fumanchewd

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Be glad it didn't get too serious. They aren't worth it at that age. ........errr, or at any age.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

flyingbabydoc

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:02 pm

so lets here about your first love, do you still talk to them, how long did it take you to get over them, all that kinda stuff...

My first love... We split after a while together. We lost contact. We met again after 16 years on the internet and ...

We married and plan to live happily ever after!

First love is, in my opinion, THE real love. I am glad I had the chance to find her again. This time, I will not let her go...

Good luck to you

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative