AeroWesty
Topic Author

DeLay Faces Congressional Primary, Tuesday 3/6

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:43 am

Tomorrow the voters in Tom DeLay's congressional district go to the polls to vote in the primary election that could foretell any weakness DeLay has exposed himself to with his recent indictments hanging over his head. This should be interesting to watch to see how the November '06 mid-term elections might go.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...le=/c/a/2006/03/06/MNGHBHJ87M1.DTL

In the January poll, 68 percent of respondents said they were undecided on a candidate in the Republican primary, a potentially worrisome sign for DeLay, who enjoys near universal name recognition in the district.

DeLay must secure more than 50 percent of the vote Tuesday to avoid an April 11 runoff with the next-highest Republican vote-getter. His GOP opponents are Tom Campbell, an environmental attorney and general counsel of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration under the first President Bush; retired schoolteacher and oil industry credit manager Pat Baig; and lawyer Mike Fjetland, who has run against DeLay three times.
International Homo of Mystery

b757300

RE: DeLay Faces Congressional Primary, Tuesday 3/6

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:58 am

Delay and Campbell are most likely headed to a run off.

As a side note, in my district we have two Republicans running for the nomination and if the guy named Van Taylor gets it, I'll vote for the incumbent, who is a Democrat, come November. I refuse to vote for a guy who thinks killing Mexicans is the solution to illegal immigration.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."