jafa39

Marilyn Manson, Devil, Jerk Or Sorted?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:03 am

Inspired by a previous thread, I have no problem with his politics, a few with his looks and quite like his music, anyone want to flame me for being in league with the devil or even join my hedonistic coven of degenerate amoral filth?  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

777236ER

RE: Marilyn Manson, Devil, Jerk Or Sorted?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 am

He's in on his own joke. Which is a good thing.
Your bone's got a little machine

AsstChiefMark

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:21 am

Brian's a nice boy.

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Alessandro

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:28 am

A famous musician, nothing else.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:09 am

He's an attention whore. I love all of these goth kids who claim to be against the system and anti-establishment, then proceed to dress in the established way that all of their friends do.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

kiwiinoz

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:22 am

He's playing a characer on stage that is appealling to certain groups, and he is very clever at it. I have had a few dealings with him when he has toured a couple of different places, and found his actual persona to be pretty conventional, certainly very plesant. He has been in the papers for trashing a couple of hotel rooms, but those "trashings" were actually pre-arranged with the hotels for publicity purposes.

I'm sure some of what he preaches he holds as his beliefs, but it doesn't envelop his character outside his professional life.

mhodgson

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:33 am

Fair play - he has married Dita von Teese (I would  Wink )
http://scans.sicknote.org.uk/pictures/dita_von_teese/dita_von_teese_loaded_04/dita_von_teese_loaded_04.jpg
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

deltagator

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:36 am

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 3):
A famous musician

Famous...perhaps. Musician...doubtful.

He's another weirdo from Florida that fits right in with the rest of us loonies from the Sunshine State.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

learpilot

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 4):
He's an attention whore. I love all of these goth kids who claim to be against the system and anti-establishment, then proceed to dress in the established way that all of their friends do.

Are you saying they're conforming to the non conformist lifestyle?
Heed our warnings or your future will be underpant free!

senorcarnival

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:07 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 4):

I love the "Let's protest by purchasing clothes at Hot Topic" ideal of these pseudo-goths.

As for Brian, I have nothing against him. He's just doing what he does to piss people off, it's kind of obvious. If you've ever read or saw an interview of his, he's actually a very eloquent, well-spoken person.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

aaden

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:12 pm

he's a good guy if you've ever met him....

DLKAPA

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:20 pm

I highly reccommend that you guys should go watch Bowling for Columbine. It's definetly a much better documentary than Farenheit. In the movie, moore went to Ozzfest 2001 in Denver (Manson's first concert in Denver after the shooting) and sat down for an interview with the guy. Very smart, very well-spoken person.

Oh yeah and his music is pretty good too.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Thom@s

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:23 am

I see why people find him weird, but I'd rather have a conversation with him than Britney Spears or Christina Agu...something. I'd much rather listen to his music as well. Some of it is quite good.

Quoting Jafa39 (Thread starter):
anyone want to flame me for being in league with the devil or even join my hedonistic coven of degenerate amoral filth?

Neither. Just because someone listens to heavy metal doesn't make than satanists...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

MDorBust

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:29 am

He's a performer playing a part. Alice Cooper of this a different generation.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

Thom@s

Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:14 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 13):
He's a performer playing a part. Alice Cooper of this a different generation.

Alice Cooper is "the original". He's actually christian too...

Oh, and Cooper rocks btw.  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

jafa39

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am

Quoting Thom@s (Reply 14):
Oh, and Cooper rocks btw.

Both have girl's names...funny that!  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

AsstChiefMark

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting AAden (Reply 10):
he's a good guy if you've ever met him....

True. I met him while I was working as a medic at an outdoor concert in Somerset, WI, in 2001. He asked for a Band-Aid and wanted our team to look at a blister on his foot.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Thom@s

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 15):
Both have girl's names...funny that!

This may come as a shock to you, but neither Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson are their real names...

Thom@s