captaink

Is The End Of The Cancun Glory Days?

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:40 am

Is this the end of the cancun glory days? Or is this just going to be a slow year, but soon it will be back up and running like how we know it?

Good see people checking Acapulco again, though i don't really like it.

How do you guys feel about the good ole CUN?

Cancun hosts a more sedate spring break
There is something special about planes....

Gilligan

RE: Is The End Of The Cancun Glory Days?

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 am

I think they'll be back when the rebuilding is done. Right now, I'm told, there are only a few hotels in operation and the ones that are, are charging the blue moon since they know they have the business to themselves. Just had a friend come back from a cruise that included a stop in cozomel and she said it still looks pretty bad in some areas.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

TIA

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:07 am

Quoting Captaink (Thread starter):
Good see people checking Acapulco again,

Yes. It is widely being advertised, at least on my campus, as the new Cancun, not that I had any desire to go to the original one.

EA CO AS

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Feh. Cancun is slowly but surely getting back on its feet and will be back to 100% by this time next year - mark my words.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

YYZflyer

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting Captaink (Thread starter):
How do you guys feel about the good ole CUN?

Cancun is my favourite vacation spot, I've been there 3 times; that's alot for my age. Hope CUN gets running back to normal as soon as possible.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.