rootsair

Cheapest Place To Buy A Domain Name?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:36 am

Hi folks

I'm currently the webmaster for a website dedicated to my class and another dedicated to the Med students in my Uni. Whilst the Med student's website is a .ch domain (it was registered back in 2002 before took charge of the website) .ch domain names are far more expensive than .net or .com domains.

The other website I'm webmastering is hosted by geocities but i want to make it a but more official by having a .com or .net domalargely from one to another. Would you know which popular registration website gives good prices on domain names ?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

BM
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

RichardPrice

RE: Cheapest Place To Buy A Domain Name?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:40 am

Take a gander at dreamhost.com, they do great hosting and domain registration at pretty damn good prices.

Been using them for about a year now for 3 sites, havent really found anything I can fault them on.

Be warned tho, that they may come across as 'unprofessional' (the monthly newsletters they put out are hilarious and works of art really, its jsut about the only newsletter I read and thats purely because so much effort has been put into it to make it funny while informative), but really its a group of guys that know their stuff and are having a good time whilst providing service to others.

UN_B732

RE: Cheapest Place To Buy A Domain Name?

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:14 pm

iPowerWeb; $2.95 domains are cheap.
Yahoo! Business is better than iPowerWeb; u can get one domain for $2.99, and register for up to 5 years.
If you get iPowerWeb, price goes up after 1 year, and at that point you can transfer to GoDaddy.
What now?