L-188
Topic Author

Best Way To Repair A DVD Scratch

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Hey guys.

Got a problem with a brand new DVD I got.

Basicly it came with a scratch, I normally would return it but I got it 40% off during a going out of buisness sale and no returns where part of the deal.

Anyway it seems to play ok other then a bit of pixelating when it (I assume) runs over the scratch and sometimes seizes up.

I know there are some kits out there to repair scratches in DVD's....anybody know if they work at all.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

YYZflyer

RE: Best Way To Repair A DVD Scratch

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:21 pm

Quoting L-188 (Thread starter):
I know there are some kits out there to repair scratches in DVD's....anybody know if they work at all

Yes the kits do work, I have one and it's called Game Doctor; made by digital innovations. The ones that you just rub stuff on it also work I've been told.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

DfwRevolution

Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Quoting L-188 (Thread starter):
I know there are some kits out there to repair scratches in DVD's....anybody know if they work at all.

Kits work well...

I've also used regular toothpaste with remarkable success. Put a dab on a cloth and rub it around then polish the surface clean. Doesn't hurt the disc to try, just clean it off completly before sticking it back into the player. Works best for minor abrasions so if you have a real deep gash you may be out of luck.

L-188
Topic Author

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:31 pm

The sad part was that of the two disks that came with the set this was the one that I was most intested in.

It had four "Movies" on it. Three of them where documentaries by John Huston, "The Battle of San Pietro, Report from the Aleutians, and The Memphis Belle". There is also a war bonds flick featuring Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in a distubing scene where they share a bed.

At least the other half of the $5 dollar set seems to be ok.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

KevinL1011

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:14 pm

One of my friends swears by washing the disc with mild soap in luke warm water, drying with a baby diaper and using "Pledge" (spray furniture polish).
474218, Carl, You will be missed.