7LBAC111
Topic Author

I Have Just Been Attacked!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Morning,

Well I dont normally go for these what I perceived to be 'attention seeking threads', but on this occasion, I figured I should post to let anyone who cares know what happened, that I'm all right, and most importantly, to remind you all to take care.

Now I'm 28 years old, and not a small lad by any means, but at 11.40pm this evening, while walking to a mates house not 20 minutes walk from my apartment, I was set upon by a group of maybe 10 lads. None of them older than 14. They asked for my phone, which I had hidden, and said I didn't have one. They laughed and walked away. I thought no more about it and carried on.

Then 10 seconds later, I was hit so hard on the back of the head, that I fell flat on my face. I immediatley got up, and began running. But they caught up with me pretty damn quickly, and laid into me. Hard.

So here I am 4 and a bit hours later, with a bust lip, cut chin, badly sprained arm, and a few other little cuts and bruises. Way to round off a perfect Friday evening.

Now I'm going to rant. What sort of a f*cking society do we live in? 14 year old kids, kicking ten shades of shit out of a lad twice their age, for no reason whatsoever, other than for fun (and my phone).

Anyway, it hurts my hand to type this, so I'm gonna leave it here.

Cheers guys (and gals!). Be careful.

7LBAC111
Mark

[Edited 2006-03-18 05:32:26]
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

senorcarnival

RE: I Have Just Been Attacked!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:29 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Mark. Indeed, it's an effed up world when a bunch of ankle-biters decide to gang up on you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

Springbok747

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Thread starter):
Then 10 seconds later, I was hit so hard on the back of the head, that I fell flat on my face. I immediatley got up, and began running. But they caught up with me pretty damn quickly, and laid into me. Hard.

Dude, glad to hear you're ok with no serious injuries. WTF were 14 year old kids doing out on the streets in gangs?! Just shows you how f*cked up society is right now.
אני תומך בישראל

FlyVirgin744

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:39 pm

Right now in the US we are having a similar problem of young kids beating up homeless people. It almost makes me wanna go to law school so I could be fortunate enough to be a judge in a court case like this.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

Jamie757

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 pm

Did they get your phone in the end?

Just kidding... hope you recover soon! Did you report it to the police?

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

AerospaceFan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Whoa!  Sad I'm sorry to read what happened to you. It's a damned shame!

I hope you recover quickly and that no lasting injury was done.

Society is becoming less civilized, in some ways, and I think what you've experienced just proves it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and please be careful!
What's fair is fair.

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:46 pm

Quoting Jamie757 (Reply 4):
Did they get your phone in the end?
Just kidding... hope you recover soon! Did you report it to the police?

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Im fine just sore.

No they didnt even try to get my phone - they just wanted an excuse to stop me I think. The irony is one of the lads, who i dont think hit me, stayed when his 'mates' ran off to see if i was okay, asked me where i was from, and then TOLD me that the police were parked up further down the road. So I went down and reported it.

Jamie757

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 6):
No they didnt even try to get my phone - they just wanted an excuse to stop me I think. The irony is one of the lads, who i dont think hit me, stayed when his 'mates' ran off to see if i was okay, asked me where i was from, and then TOLD me that the police were parked up further down the road. So I went down and reported it.

That is really bizarre, these idiots need a cane across their bare cheeks every day if you ask me!

Again, best wishes 7LBAC111.

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

zippyjet

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 2):
Dude, glad to hear you're ok with no serious injuries. WTF were 14 year old kids doing out on the streets in gangs?! Just shows you how f*cked up society is right now.

Quoting FlyVirgin744 (Reply 3):
Right now in the US we are having a similar problem of young kids beating up homeless people. It almost makes me wanna go to law school so I could be fortunate enough to be a judge in a court case like this.

I second these! Hope you feel better and they get those punks!
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

baylorairbear

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:09 pm

You got beat up by fourteen year olds? WTF, dude?!?

J/k, but not really. I guess you've learned the hard way never to turn your back on someone.

BAB
I'm just skipping stones...

ozvirginuk

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm

It really makes my blood boil that these little scrotes are allowed to breath the same air that we do. I'd love to see how the little f@$kers cope on their own in a dark alley.....

Mark, I hope you're ok, and like everyone else with u speedy recovery.

PS - Shall i bring a baseball bat when I come up to MAN???????

Oz

Jetset25j

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:03 pm

That disgusting. Glad your OK though.

Someones gotta teach those punks a lesson instead of enoucraging them with a misdemeaner record to put on their wall of glory collection of mercedes hood-figures, bottles of cheap vodka, stolen phones,bongs next to their carebears and tonka trucks.

I grew up in NZ and even there there are problems with kids (Although not as bad as the UK)-and they are getting younger when they "go bad". I remember a 12 year old who smoked pot at school and called the teacher an "anus" when asked a maths question, before kicking in a door and throwing a chair at the class-and that was out of a very good school-She was not even suspended or expelled lest it piss off her parents (who blamed the school for precious' outburst-of which is was not the first, the last thing I heard she was pregnant at 14/15.)
On the other end of things the parents of other likeminded children are no where to be seen (which is really sad) or would also call the teacher an "anus" (which say's alot).

Too much violent (etc) TV? Parents who dont care? or dont want to know anything else than wee angel-never-do-wrong? Or perhaps a society that says "Its OK to lash out, we'll help you (after you kill someone or torch a building because theres no such thing as responsibility to worry about)"?

Did this kinda stuff even happen before 1980? so why now?
Air New Zealand-Airline of the world's greatest travellers.

ctbarnes

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:11 pm

When I lived in the UK about 10 years ago, the juvinile justice system in the UK was a joke. No penalties to speak of, and the kids knew it, so they would continue to steal cars and mug people with impunity, and they knew they would only get a slap on the wrist.

Seems to me things haven't improved much...

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

msllsmith

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:14 pm

The irony is one of the lads, who i dont think hit me, stayed when his 'mates' ran off to see if i was okay, asked me where i was from, and then TOLD me that the police were parked up further down the road. So I went down and reported it.

Wow! What an example of what kids will do to "stay part of the crowd" and peer pressure dynamics. But in the end, he attempted to "do the right thing" by checking on you and telling you about the police. Interesting.

Quoting Baylorairbear (Reply 9):

Yeah, but there were 10 of them...... Not many people can fend off 10 at one time....

Well, at any rate, lucky it wasn't worse. File this one away and fine tune your street creds.
There's nothing more beautiful than flying into the dawn.

fxramper

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:20 pm

Can you purchase a firearm in England?

lordanmol

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:57 pm

year old kids, kicking ten shades of shit out of a lad twice their age, for no reason whatsoever, other than for fun (and my phone)

You not all 14year olds are like that. I myself am a 13 yearold and have been thought the bad and good. Some people who dont have enough money, or have family and financial problems will go up to it. When I was in New Zealand I was about 7that time when I saw our rented car being opened by some stranger, luckily the police passed by and he ran away. These people have problems of their own.

What sort of a f*cking society do we live in

The society we live in is that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Anyways are you OK, hope you heal well.

Regards
Hmmmmm....

stuckinMAF

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:58 pm

http://www.taurususaphotos.com/Pistols/100SS5.jpg
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

saxdiva

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:16 pm

Aw, c'mon BAB... out here in L.A., fourteen year-olds are often veteran gangsters and have been known to kill people. Give the guy a break.

Glad you're gonna be okay, Mark. Hope the brats get arrested.

-Leanne

9VSPO

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Sounds like a case of "happy slapping".  Angry

A346Dude

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Mark,

Very sorry to hear about this, and I'm glad that you are ok. I myself was in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago, and I hope you won't allow it to lower your opinion of your fellow citizens.

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 5):
Society is becoming less civilized, in some ways, and I think what you've experienced just proves it.

I couldn't disagree more. 2,000 years ago, we stoned women to death at the slightest indication they might have been unfaithful to their husbands. 200 years ago, we figured there was nothing wrong with slavery.

Crime has always been a danger of living in cities, yet today we have police officers and first responders willing to assist anyone within minutes, as well as a fair justice system.

Sure, we could do better, and we're working on it; but I'm convinced humanity as a whole is getting better every day.
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

skidmarks

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 pm

And people ask me why I live on the Isle of Man! It would have to be a complete disaster for me to want to live back in the UK. I might be surrounded by water, have the same boring aeroplanes to photograph and a limited choice of shops but at least I can walk down the street without fear of this sort of crap happeneing!

I hope you're ok, Mark, but I dont hold out much hope of the police doing anything. Their hands are tied these days.

Makes me scared to visit UK - I'd rather go to Iraq I think! At least you KNOW the natives are hostile there!

Bring back corporal punishment I say. Bugger the soft lefties who got rid of it, they need their ass kicking too.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

solarix

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Sorry to hear about that.

People like that need to be executed. No different than terrorists IMHO.
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

jafa39

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:20 pm

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 20):
at least I can walk down the street without fear of this sort of crap happeneing!

This may be directly attributable to The Birch..or have they packed that in now?

Time to introduce late night Chav culls in the UK.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

trekster

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you get better and the pain goes soon.

My housemate got mugged about 5 weeks after i moved to my new place.
Got a knock at the door at 12:00 midnite, thankfully was still awake. Opened the door and his nose was poaring blood, and he had a huge gash on hi shead. Turns out he was walkin back home, and some guys dragged him into the alley, 2 houses away and nicked his walllet, phone, and house keys which he willingly gave them before they kicked 2 craps out of him. They broke his nose, twisted wrist.
Police came 2 min after being called andsearched, but could not find him. Spent the rest of the nite in a hospital with him
Where does the time go???

N1120A

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:49 pm

Quoting Solarix (Reply 21):
People like that need to be executed. No different than terrorists IMHO.

You must be kidding. Please tell me you are kidding
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

gkirk

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:01 pm

Was Orion737 behind all this?  stirthepot 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

airbusA346

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:19 pm

The irony is one of the lads, who i dont think hit me, stayed when his 'mates' ran off to see if i was okay, asked me where i was from, and then TOLD me that the police were parked up further down the road. So I went down and reported it.

Why would 1 stay behind, unless he was felling guilty for his mates doing it.

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Reply 10):
PS - Shall i bring a baseball bat when I come up to MAN???????

LOL, good Idea.

I dont hold out much hope of the police doing anything. Their hands are tied these days.

The parents of the yobs, would probably sue the police.

Quoting Trekster (Reply 23):
My housemate got mugged about 5 weeks after i moved to my new place.
Got a knock at the door at 12:00 midnite, thankfully was still awake. Opened the door and his nose was poaring blood, and he had a huge gash on hi shead. Turns out he was walkin back home, and some guys dragged him into the alley, 2 houses away and nicked his walllet, phone, and house keys which he willingly gave them before they kicked 2 craps out of him. They broke his nose, twisted wrist.
Police came 2 min after being called andsearched, but could not find him. Spent the rest of the nite in a hospital with him

So if they stole his house keys, did you change the house locks, because they could find out where he lived if they wanted and brake in.

God forbid that was to happen.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

jamesbuk

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:50 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 2):
WTF were 14 year old kids doing out on the streets in gangs?!

Smoking Weed!! I know people at my school some in my class some in my other classes who all go out in massive gangs on friday night and smoke weed, the teachers hear this and dont report it atall, I even know one guy whos planning to beat the crap out of someone else with knuckle dusters. The area were my school is isnt even really that rough compared to others!! People are gunna have to face it know that this cant be stopped because everyone has let it get out of hand and its escalated to a huge level now.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Gofly

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:03 pm

Unbelievable.

I hope you are still alright Mark. It is so sad, but like has been mentioned, a slap on the wrist is not going to deter anyone. I know from personal experience, a gang of youths is awfully frighting.

I wish you all the best.

-Gofly  Smile
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

A319XFW

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:15 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 14):
Can you purchase a firearm in England?

Luckily no, otherwise the people wanting to mug you would have one, too... And that wouldn't solve a thing.

I was visiting friends in NE London a while ago and we were walking back from the pub at night when around 10 kids came wizzing past us on their (push)bikes and started shouting abuse at us because we were walking on the pavement, which happened to be where they were cycling.

We were also like "WTF is happening nowadays?" Luckily for me I don't live there anymore, but one day I'll be back. But things like this just make you want to emigrate to somewhere better...

Edit: Oh yes, hope you're ok again!

[Edited 2006-03-18 12:16:00]

AerospaceFan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:38 pm

I'm about to purchase a Ruger .45. It will be my first Ruger and my first .45, for that matter. My present self-defense weapon is a .357 Magnum.

I'm glad we still have the right to purchase firearms in this country.
What's fair is fair.

FlyKev
Crew

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:56 pm

Im going to guess that they were paret of the jumpsuit crowd as I call it?
The ones who hang around in groups, often wearing baby blue hoodies, shell suits etc., smoking weed, insulting passers by etc. (or chavs as me an my mates clal them).
Whilst its fair to say that one case of this shouldnt sum up the whole of Britain, I think you'd change your mind after seeing Romford at 10pm last night. Nothing but a sea of modded cars, kids as young as 10 shouting insults and people getting mugged for 10p.
The society seems to be nowadays in Britain to hang around in huge gangs wearing similar clothing, often bearing an alikeness to the jumpsuits used in Guantamano Bay (except blue not orange). If you dont hang around in a gang of at least 20, then your considered 'a nobody', a 'mosher' or my favourite, a goth. How can I be a goth when I dont wear dark eyeshadow of steel chains?
I see these people in my college everyday, on site they cause little harm, however, the nearby other college has more of the less savoury people, and they are often found on our site, stealing projectors and personal belongings.
The fact is, your not safe in any suburbian area nowadays, especially council estates, however you cannot live in fear.

Im glad your ok.

Kev.
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:45 pm

J/k, but not really.

Yeah, well 'dude' maybe when it happens to you you'll empathise a bit more!
1, or even two i could handle (i think). 3 or more, when on the floor, with blood in your mouth - all you do is put your hands over your head and hope they stop soon.

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 18):
Sounds like a case of "happy slapping".

I guess it does you know.

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 25):
Was Orion737 behind all this?

Dunno - he's still lurking in the forums and PM'ing me so maybe he arranged something! He did say he'd get my ass one day!

Quoting Gofly (Reply 28):
a gang of youths is awfully frighting.

F*cking right. before I'd walk past and thing how sad it was that most of them would have records by the time tey are 16, and most will be dole scum for the majority of their life - through choice! Now I'll walk past them and think of the likelihodd of one of them pouncing on me.

Quoting FlyKev (Reply 31):
Im going to guess that they were paret of the jumpsuit crowd as I call it?

Yup - shellsuit scallies. Fucking little runts.

Off to A&E now - hand has swollen up way too much for my liking. Hope I don't end up in a bloody cast - I'm going to CPT on Monday on holiday!

Anyay, thanks to everyone again.

Mark

767Lover

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:50 pm

at least I can walk down the street without fear of this sort of crap happeneing!

I mean no disrespect to you, but wasn't your daughter violently attacked recently?

RichardPrice

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 30):
I'm glad we still have the right to purchase firearms in this country

Im glad we dont, at least then I can be reasonably assured that my mugger wont have one.

He may have a knife, but Im no stranger to them (being a trained Butcher and having had military self defense courses including knives, they dont bother me). In my shoes, if the muggers got a knife, its his bad luck because Im going to be taking that away from him, hes just brought my weapon to the fight thankyouverymuch.

Ive only been in a mugging scenario once, and while Im not muscleman I do carry a fair bit of extra weight around, and I can use that to my advantage. He certainly came off worse and will certainly think twice about doing that again.

ltbewr

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:36 pm

I work in NY City, and traveled in many areas of the USA, Europe, elsewhere, so I have developed a pretty good sense of how to reduce my personal risk by observing what is around me, and taking action when there is a greater risk of threat. Still, I can be a victim at any time.
The rise of greater threats to property and personal safety by young people is of serious concern and has a number of causes. As we have become a more urban, industrilized and mechanized society, young people no longer have to work 12 hour days on their family farms or for a pittance in a factory. Worst still, is that in many places, those factories have disappeared, tighter laws on youth employment and job opportunites that young people would have a few years ago are being taken by displased adults and immigrants. This means they have a lot of free time.
We have far too many people having kids but never take the responsibility for them and don't want to fight them either over even bad beheavor. Some parents have physical, psychlogial and employment problems too. Young people also don't want to be at home, they want to be with peers, but we have few places they can be.
As a result, we have a terrible mix of problems leading to growing numbers of young people acting criminally and ruining our lives.

ANCFlyer

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:12 am

7LBAC111, I'm glad you're not injured.

That said: See reply 16
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

stuckinMAF

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:18 am

We are seeing these "UK Attack" threads pretty regularly now. And in each thread that is started with a primary attack, there are always others who share experiences of people they know and neighbors who have been victims of violence or home invasions. Obviously banning handguns in the UK is putting a stop to violent crime!

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 30):
I'm about to purchase a Ruger .45. It will be my first Ruger and my first .45, for that matter. My present self-defense weapon is a .357 Magnum.

I'm glad we still have the right to purchase firearms in this country.

First of all, congratulations the aquisition of your new Ruger! I have 4 Ruger handguns and they are all good-quality pieces. I have a Ruger Redhawk Alaskan with a 2.5" barrel chambered in 454 Casull that I carry in a shoulder holster sometimes when it's cold outside. But most of the time my primary carry piece is a Taurus 450 Titanium revolver with a 2" ported barrel chambered in 45 Colt IWB and a Taurus PT111 as a in 9mm as a BUG on the ankle.

I am also glad that in this country (in most places where common sense still prevails anyway) we can at least have a chance to defend ourselves as we see fit. God Bless the USA! God Bless Texas!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -Sigmund Freud

RichardPrice

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:40 am

Quoting StuckinMAF (Reply 37):
We are seeing these "UK Attack" threads pretty regularly now. And in each thread that is started with a primary attack, there are always others who share experiences of people they know and neighbors who have been victims of violence or home invasions. Obviously banning handguns in the UK is putting a stop to violent crime!

Banning handguns in the UK was never about putting a stop to violent crime, it was about knee jerk reactions to people that shouldnt have ever been allowed to own weapons in the first place going wacko.

You have never been able to just 'buy' a handgun in the UK, its always been licensed and monitored. The general public has never been allowed to carry weapons in public as a way of life, so this ban hasnt had an effect on anything really other than to irrate gun enthusiasts.

In this case, the youths would never have been armed with handguns, and the vitcim would never have been armed with handguns, so the ban doesnt affect it.

See LTBEWR's post in Reply 35. The real problem is the lack of alternatives for youths today.

Where I live, there is literally nothing for the under 18s to do. There are no parks that are lit up after dark, so no ball games. There are no clubs, so no alternative activities. Over 18s can go pubbing or clubbing, but under 18s cant. So they congregate in gangs, talking, drinking and smoking. When that gets boring, they start doing other stuff, like vandalism, theft, mugging etc. We have an 19 year old in the office, and this is a perfect example of his night out - drink, smoke, cruise, go dogging, steal stuff, break into places, annoy people. But we cant prove any of that so we cant call the police.

Nordair

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:47 am

I am also glad that in this country (in most places where common sense still prevails anyway) we can at least have a chance to defend ourselves as we see fit. God Bless the USA! God Bless Texas!

Don't you ever get tired of that same old thing? You're in a rut. Perhaps you could take up a hobby like, oh I don't know...youth counselling?
 Yeah sure
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

baylorairbear

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 32):
3 or more, when on the floor, with blood in your mouth - all you do is put your hands over your head and hope they stop soon.

I understand, friend. Self-preservation by whatever means neccessary. I am glad you are ok. Don't let this get you down. You protected yourself, and that was the right decision. Don't be afraid to walk alone. Now you know what's out there and you can prepare yourself, both mentally and physically.

And, before we string up the hoodlums, remember they are kids. Like dogs, they only know what we teach them. They simply don't have the capacity to behave as seasoned adults. At twenty-five, I am still developing. I will leave speculaton of corrective measures to the  old 

BAB  Smile

A319XFW

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:57 am

I am also glad that in this country (in most places where common sense still prevails anyway) we can at least have a chance to defend ourselves as we see fit

And shooting people will solve the problems how?

baylorairbear

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:02 am

Quoting A319XFW (Reply 41):

There's no catch-all end-all. You have to choose your battles. You can't fight for everyone, lest you become spread to thin. You can only hope that your values are on the right side, and that the population agrees shares, so that when everyone takes a small step in the same direction it becomes a swift stride against the cause at hand. Do what's right by you, but let it be right for the sake of others.

BAB

luv2fly

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:07 am

Quoting A319XFW (Reply 41):

It is that "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality! Though on the other hand, if guns were more readily available in the UK then consider this, both the good guys and the others would be more likely to be armed and dangerous!
You can cut the irony with a knife

ME AVN FAN

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 am

THIS particularity shows that there still is HOPE ! He kept the balance, did NOT betray his friends BUT took care of you ! We may criticize him for having such friends, for moving around with them, etc --- but we rather should realize that to take care of you demanded CIVIL COURAGE of the young man. So that it is a good sign, in spite of the mess.
Take care -- and best wishes
Cheers

skidmarks

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 33):
I mean no disrespect to you, but wasn't your daughter violently attacked recently?

Indeed she was, and thank you for remembering. However, she doesnt live on the Isle of Man. She was in England so my statement still stands. The Island is still a far safer place than the UK. Although I don't know how long that will last.

And no, we don't still have the Birch - which is a great shame as I don't think we'd have the little trouble we do have with that deterrant in place!

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

9VSPO

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:09 am

I still believe that national conscription should be compulsary for all 16 year olds!  duck   stirthepot 

stuckinMAF

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting Nordair (Reply 39):
Don't you ever get tired of that same old thing? You're in a rut. Perhaps you could take up a hobby like, oh I don't know...youth counselling?

I was a communist for the FBI.

Just wanted to take this opportinuty to acknowledge that I read your post. And your signature.

ME AVN FAN

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:27 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 46):
believe that national conscription should be compulsary for all 16 year olds!

A) it then should be compulsary for all 12 to 60 years old ! which is nonsense. and B) there still IS "national conscription" for military service in many countries, which does NOT improve matters in any way. Cities of, including outer suburbs 800'000 people (agglo. 1.1 mio), have a per-capita crime-level comparable to cities of the London/Paris category. No, I do NOT believe in "short-cuts" to heaven. And, to say it again, the young chap, who took care of the victim of his colleagues is an encouraging aspect.

ANCFlyer

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:34 am

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 46):
I still believe that national conscription should be compulsary for all 16 year olds!

Actually, I think some "national service" for every person 18 years and older - for a minimum of twenty-four months - should be mandatory.

Now, before ME AVN FAN and others shite themselves - please note - I did NOT say MILITARY service. I said National Service.

Peace Corps
Community Service
Military Service
Hospital Service

I don't think the country owes you a free ride . . . . any more than you're already getting.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND