102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Cowboys Sign T.O. To 3-year Contract

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:10 am

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...owboys/2006-03-18-owens-deal_x.htm

I’m from Houston, so I’ve never cared too much for the Cowboys, but this season I think I’ll be a Cowboys fan. Good for T.O. and good for the Cowboys.

dl021

RE: Cowboys Sign T.O. To 3-year Contract

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:13 am

Gluttons for punishment. I wonder if the fans will forgive him for being an ass to them on the 50 yard line that time.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:27 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 1):
Gluttons for punishment. I wonder if the fans will forgive him for being an ass to them on the 50 yard line that time.

Cowboy fans just care about winning. If Cowboy fans could support Michael Irving who was as talented as T.O. but got into more off field incidents than T.O. ever did then I doubt there will be big stink from the fans as long as the Cowboys are winning.

dl021

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:32 am

TO is a proven team killer who appears to be interested in TO first last and always.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

USAFHummer

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:45 am

I'm willing to bet he will not finish that contract out...I give him 2 seasons tops with the Cowgirls before Parcells and Jones have enough of his sheniangans and kick his ass outta there...

On the plus side, Eagles-Cowgirls games this year are going to be freakin awesome with this added spin!

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

texan

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:10 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 1):
I wonder if the fans will forgive him for being an ass to them on the 50 yard line that time.

Some will, others will let the memory simmer.

From a purely on the field standpoint, this is a good signing. The Cowboys needed a go-to receiver, and they have no doubt picked up one of the most talented receivers in the game. However, look at the make up of the team. Drew Bledsoe did not get along well with Keyshawn Johnson, another huge ego, well at all, leading to sideline bouts and confrontations. What if that dynamic is upset? Moreover, what if the o-line regresses and does not give Bledsoe much time? TO will be extraordinarily pissed then. And of course when the Cowboys run the ball instead of giving TO the damn ball, he's unhappy.

What it boils down to is that Jerry Jones made a decision he thinks will help his club win now, screw whatever the later consequences may be. Interesting to see if it works, but I will not be attending any Cowboys games this year.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."