BCAL
Topic Author

Anybody Seen V For Vendetta?

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:36 am

Last night I was dragged to the cinema to see V for Vendetta, the new action movie based on comic characters. I knew little about the film, other than the basic story plot and that the film crew was allowed to film near the Houses of Parliament, permission for which has always denied in the past. Strange that they made an exception in this case, but obviously the fact that Euan Blair, the PM's son, was a crew member had nothing to do with it.

I have to say that I have never seen such a load of c**p. The acting was appallingly bad, the dialogue must have been specifically written for the brain dead, and the story - ludicrous even by comic book standards! The film had all the hallmarks that it had been directed by a novice director. I kept nodding off to sleep through sheer boredom, but after enduring 50 minutes of this film and the boredom, I walked out of the cinema.

Anybody else seen it? Am I alone thinking it is this year's turkey?
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

jush

RE: Anybody Seen V For Vendetta?

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 am

I was thinking about going to see it but I'll thrust you on your opinion cause when I was younger I read some of the comics and even they were real BS.
Anyway haven't seen it, yet but I reckon it's not gonna happen anymore.

Regards
jush
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

BCAL
Topic Author

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:54 am

Quoting Jush (Reply 1):
but I reckon it's not gonna happen anymore

Trust me you will not be missing anything!

bigthumbsup 
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

Kay

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:04 am

From the first second of the movie I thought "this is so cheesy" and then it went downhill.

I can't understand why there's a whole crew of people who wake up in the morning to invest energy and resources in this.

I don't understand this industry. How is there money and time in the world to produce something like this? How are there people who pay money to see something like this?

Me and a friend were in a hurry to pick a movie, imdb.com and rottentomatoes.com topped it over "The New World", plus these are the same folks from the Matrix.

The result was painful.

Kay

jap

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:12 am

Awww... sorry to hear it's so bad...

I was really looking forwards to this... have been for around 3 months now... but if it's this bad, I don't know if i can be bothered to go and watch it...

Too bad..  Sad
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

mhodgson

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:25 am

Quoting BCAL (Thread starter):
Strange that they made an exception in this case, but obviously the fact that Euan Blair, the PM's son,

I hate the way the government denies special treatment all the time, when it is painfully obvious that it is happening!

I've actually read that the film is quite good - but then I suppose it depends on what you look for in a film!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

BMIFlyer

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:40 am

The movie got alot of bad reviews, so in that case i'll stay away from it.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

jap

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:18 am

Oh feck it, I'll watch it just for the sake of laughing at the gay looking mask Big grin
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

MDorBust

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:30 am

Odd.. I thought it was a very good movie, when I was only expecting a campy action film.

Oh well, to each their own.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

dl021

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:57 am

hell the writer, Alan Moore, who created the characters did not want his name associated with the movie. he's been burned too many times by movie writers who feel the need to imprint their own stamp on someone elses creation (instead of creating their own characters, or simply writing something true to the story line shortcutting only for time compression purposes).

A good example (good as in agreed to by most fans) of comics to film success was Batman Begins. A bad example was Batman and Robin (I still want to kick Schumachers ass for this). The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen....also by Moore, is another crappy movie that should have been great.

What happens is a piece of literature (and comics do fall into that category, like it or not) is a hot property and some movie exec options it. Then a team of accountants participates in the creative process and decides that names are necessary, even if they don't fit the character (some assmonkey wanted to cast Mr. Demi Moore as Batman), and they need some director to make a commercial above all else movie (some idiot wanted McG to make Superman and he wanted Beyonce as Lois Lane) so they almost killed the deal.

Egos get in the way and movies get screwed up.

I'd like to see more Blade, Spiderman and Batman Begins examples and less of the rest......
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

9VSPO

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 am

Quoting BCAL (Thread starter):
I have never seen such a load of c**p

I could have told you that! Big grin It's even been beaten at the box office by the Pink Panther!!

Never mind...Inside Man is out on friday, supposed to be good too.  Wink

CXA330300

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:31 am

Might as well stick to Nollywood and Bollywood instead of jumping to Hollywood
AC/AA/UA/DL/B6/WN/US*/CO*/FI/BA/IB/AF/SK/LX/Sabena*/TK/LY/SA/MN/SW/AM/CE*/CX/CA/MU/JL/SQ/TG/MH/KA/5J

FlyKev
Crew

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:41 am

Well I was planning on seeing it, but now Im glad I saw The Pink Panther (which I found a laugh).
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

mNeo

Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:20 am

I saw it, and i actually did like it. The Movie from a movie-only prespective is not all that it could be. But there are alot of diffrent elements. One can clearly see corruption, Communism, Totalirism, and the bad side of democracy. I think its one of those movies that makes you think for a while after you have left the theater.

I must agree tho it was poorly made, but i guess it that that bring out the deeper thought, rather than just images on the screen.