AirWillie6475
Topic Author

Any Good Website Builders For Apple?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:45 am

Any free pro website builders for Apple, non html? Yahoo site builder is great but it only works for Windows. Does OSX Tiger have a built in site builder program?

Klaus

RE: Any Good Website Builders For Apple?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:47 am

There's iWeb which comes with new Macs for free; I personally want tight control over my HTML, so I use BBEdit which isn't free, but it has a free sibling: TextWrangler with most of BBEdit's features. There are several others as well, but I haven't looked around much...

AirWillie6475
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:59 am

Klaus, is it possible to advertise using iWeb? To advertise you have to copy and paste some html code to the website but I don't know if I can edit the html of web pages made with iWeb.

centrair

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 2):
To advertise you have to copy and paste some html code to the website but I don't know if I can edit the html of web pages made with iWeb.

No you can't. iWeb is more for the home or school use. Basic pictures...basic ideas...no html. To edit the HTML in iWeb you have to use a separate program.

I am trying to remember the software like iWeb that was kind of cheap but just as easy and a little more diverse.
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!

JOSEMEX

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:55 pm

Quoting Centrair (Reply 3):
I am trying to remember the software like iWeb that was kind of cheap but just as easy and a little more diverse.

Could it be "RapidWeaver" you are referring to?

AirWillie6475
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:44 pm

Quoting JoseMEX (Reply 4):
Could it be "RapidWeaver" you are referring to?

Yea I was looking at that too and on their website is says that the source code can be viewable. But does that mean that the source code can be edited? I have no idea how site building programs work.

centrair

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Quoting JoseMEX (Reply 4):
Could it be "RapidWeaver" you are referring to

Yes, That is the one...thankyou.

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 5):
Yea I was looking at that too and on their website is says that the source code can be viewable. But does that mean that the source code can be edited? I have no idea how site building programs work.

I believe you can edit the source code. Also it has a nicer variety of template options. I use iWeb (family things) and GoLive (pre-layout design before sending it to a pro). I like iWeb but sometimes wish I could edit the code or at least change the encoding. It sets Japanese text as a default and so the RSS button is in Japanese. My family can't read it.
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!