bongo

Junk Mail...how To Report It?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:53 am

We all know that there are many tools to prevent the junk mail bocking it, but is there any site where you can report it and ban those e mail accounts?
MDE: First airport in the Americas visited by the A380!

Sabena332

RE: Junk Mail...how To Report It?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:59 am

Quoting Bongo (Thread starter):
but is there any site where you can report it

Write to the ISP of the sender, tell them that you get spam mails from a certain address, then they will ban the guy probably.

You can also block certain eMail addresses in your eMail program, the "delete on server" function helped when I used Outlook Express. Most of the webmail sites have "SPAM" or "Move to spam folder an block address" buttons, here I am a bit dissapointed from GMail, they don't have a "block address" function.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

NeilYYZ

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:00 am

I have a yahoo premium account and that does a fairly good job of blocking junk-email, although I'm not too sure if that's as much protection as your looking for.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

aislepathlight

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 am

Or you could just download Blue Frog

Works well for me!
bleepbloop

bhmbaglock

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:20 am

Go to www.spamcop.net/anonsetup.shtml

This will let you report the spammer to one of the large ant-spam list maintainers and they will automatically go to the trouble of digging up the appropriate person to send a message regarding the spam and do so.
Where are all of my respected members going?

bongo

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 4):
Go to www.spamcop.net/anonsetup.shtml

This will let you report the spammer to one of the large ant-spam list maintainers and they will automatically go to the trouble of digging up the appropriate person to send a message regarding the spam and do so.

Thanks man...that´s exactly what I was looking for.
MDE: First airport in the Americas visited by the A380!

bhmbaglock

Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting Bongo (Reply 5):
Thanks man...that´s exactly what I was looking for.

de nada
Where are all of my respected members going?

Dougloid

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:04 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 1):
Write to the ISP of the sender, tell them that you get spam mails from a certain address, then they will ban the guy probably.

You can also block certain eMail addresses in your eMail program, the "delete on server" function helped when I used Outlook Express. Most of the webmail sites have "SPAM" or "Move to spam folder an block address" buttons, here I am a bit dissapointed from GMail, they don't have a "block address" function.

Patrick

I have a permanent block on anything originating with gmail.

If you use OE, it's simple to set up message rules. That way, they delete anything with language in it that identifies it as spam-like NEW CARS or HOODIA Now! and so on.
It'e easy to set up and it's doing a good job for me.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

EWS

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:10 am

I used a program called "Boxtrapper Spam Blocker" i use it on my mailserver (under domain cpanel) and that has a whitelist and blacklist, if you email for the first time, you will be sent one back asking you to verify yourself, if you dont, your message isnt delivered to my inbox. I can still see these messages but i have to login to cpanel and look at the blacklist que.

Lew