CVG72
Topic Author

Cincinnati Basketball Madness

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:56 am

I had no where else to vent my frustration, so I'll vent here.

Two Weeks ago: UC interim coach Andy Kennedy's job was put at risk for not making the NCAA Tournament.

Tuesday: UCrnnarrowly defeats Minnesota, and an outpouring of support for coachrnKennedy comes from the crowd, including chants of "Hi-re An-dy" andrnsigns like "If Andy leaves, this seat is empty."

This morning: former UC coach Bob Huggins, who was fired by President Nazi, oops i mean Nancy Zimpherrnfor being arrested for DUI before the season started, signed a fivernyear contract with Kansas State, likely luring in two of the biggestrnhigh school basketball players in the country.

6:00 PM: UC plays against South Carolina in the third round of the NIT, otherwise known as the Not Invited Tournament.

8:00 PM: UC loses 65-63.

9:02 PM WKRC reports that UC hires former Bearcat assistant coach and current Murray State coach Mick Cronin.

9:03 PM WKRC reports that Andy Kennedy has accepted the vacant spot at Ole Miss.

I don't understand the university's handling of this whole situation. If someone could explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.

Angered,
CVG72  bomb 
Roll Tide // Next: UA/EV/LH CVG-EWR-FRA-DUS-MUC-EWR-CVG

AirCop

RE: Cincinnati Basketball Madness

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Trying to understand big time college sports is impossible. First of all, you must admit that Mr. Kennedy must have been working on a deal with Ole Miss (a very poor place for basketball) for at least a week and ditto for Mr. Cronin. Only the public was left in the dark. The other thing is that interim coaches are very rarely hired for the position. Very AD wants his own person.

CVG72
Topic Author

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting Aircop (Reply 1):
Very AD wants his own person.

Yet the AD, Mike Thomas, was left in the dark. The entire school is run by Nancy Zimpher and the rediculous UC 2012 enitiative.

CVG72  yummy 

Bernard Shakey

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:26 am

This seems like the appropriate place to put my list of cities that suck, since the other thread is full:

1. Cincinnati, Ohio

This completes my list.
Mindless drifter on the road, Carries such an easy load

CVG72
Topic Author

Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:39 am

Quoting Bernard Shakey (Reply 3):

I agree...

CVG72  yummy