S12PPL
Topic Author

National Championship Set: Florida Vs. Ucla

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:13 pm

Well, so much for LSU. Big Baby never showed up, and was totally shut down by UCLA's excellent defense.

LSU shot below 30%

But UCLA and the Pac 10 suck...
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

copaair737

RE: National Championship Set: Florida Vs. Ucla

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:41 pm

UCLA will blow the Gators doors off. I was surprised by the outcome of the LSU-UCLA tilt immensely. I would have guessed that that game would have been close, but it wasn't. UCLA will win their 12th title.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

mdsh00

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:53 pm

This is a beautiful win for all of the haters and doubters of UCLA.

Working on banner number twelve...
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

S12PPL
Topic Author

Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:06 pm

All the haters of not only UCLA, but the Pac 10 as a whole. Next year is going to be scary. Teams like Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Cal, and Stanford will all be good.

I'm biased twards Oregon State simply because I live so close to the school, and attended games during the glory years of Ralph Miller, and Gary Payton, AC, etc. Oregon State has a ton of talent coming back next season, and they matched up well with UCLA both timems they played. Oregon, though I hate to admit it because I hate the Ducks, was scary good the last two weeks or so of the season. They should be very good next season. 5 McDonalds All Americans on that team.

Just a few names to look out for coming from Oregon State...

Josh and Seth Tarver. They're older brother played at UCLA
Wesley Washington
Kyle Jeffers

The Pac 10 is going to be scary next year again. UCLA isn't going to lose hardly a thing. Look out!

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:21 am

Funny. All the Pac 10 haters are so quiet all of a sudden....  stirthepot   duck 

piercey

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:16 am

Damn, there goes GMU, oh well....

As far as any UCLA haters are concerned:

5 times UCLA has won 30 games (this year is 6)

all 5 times UCLA won the National title.  Wink
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

NIKV69

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:17 am

Rockville Centre's own Billy Donavan! Gator's all the way!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

mdsh00

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 4):
Funny. All the Pac 10 haters are so quiet all of a sudden....

That's because they can't call UCLA a lucky "fluke" now.  Wink
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:26 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 7):
That's because they can't call UCLA a lucky "fluke" now.

Oh, and don't forget that UCLA only wins "ugly".  Yeah sure

deltagator

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:22 am

The Baby Gators will win it all. We'll talk tomorrow night.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 9):

Not if you show below 35%....like almost all of UCLA's NCAA tournament oponents....

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:12 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 10):

Not if you show below 35%....like almost all of UCLA's NCAA tournament oponents....

Alabama- 49%
Gonzaga- 47%

Sorry, 3/5 doesnt constitute 'almost all'.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Greyhound

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:55 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Thread starter):
But UCLA and the Pac 10 suck...

Seeing as how Arizona is my favorite team and Washington is tied for second, I resemble that remark.  scratchchin 
29th, Let's Go!

senorcarnival

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 3):
The Pac 10 is going to be scary next year again.

Again? I have nothing against the Bruins (as a matter of fact, I picked them to be in the Final Four,) but the Pac-10 has been the most overhyped basketball conference this season for no apparent reason other than UCLA.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

beefstew25

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:38 pm

The Gators will win. They will do to UCLA what they have done to every other team in the tourney: Kill'em inside.

By the way, the Gators can shoot 30% if they are doubling up on the offensive rebounds. Too much size, and they have such a well rounded team.
MLB: Where you are always number one for takeoff.....

Greyhound

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:09 pm

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 13):
Quoting S12PPL (Reply 3):
The Pac 10 is going to be scary next year again.

Again? I have nothing against the Bruins (as a matter of fact, I picked them to be in the Final Four,) but the Pac-10 has been the most overhyped basketball conference this season for no apparent reason other than UCLA.

Actually I haven't heard too much about them. Arizona was overhyped (sorry to say, but they usually are pretty good).. but for the most part it was the usual Dickie V/Duke lovefest and with the occasional "Will Reddick or Morrison win player of the year" argument. I think towards the end of the season the conference that was overhyped the most was the Big East. Great! Goodonya! You've got 8 teams in the tourney, and only half do any good.

U Conn- Elite 8 then out... but that's still good
Villanova- ditto...
West Virginia- Sweet 16 (largely due to the NBA bound Pittsnogle... maybe some Mountaineer fans can shed some light on how they might do next year... and yes I'm just speculating Pittsnogle (or is just one t?) is NBA bound... but he is a quality player)
Georgetown- Sweet 16

But then, there's...............
Marquette: Good team, seeded #7 and they lost to 10th seeded Alabama in the first round

Pittsburgh: They make it to the second round (YEAH!) and then they lose to #13 Bradley... This is the point where you just shake your head and walk away (they were a 5 seed after all)

Seton Hall: 1 and done. A 10 seed losing to a 7 seed, but Wichita State? Where the @%&#%*&*^$&I&!#@$ did they come from?

Syracuse: Good ole' Gerry McNamara. Everyone loved it when they come from nowhere and won the Big East tournament, but I guess that was enough for them as they lost (a 5 seed) to 12th seeded Texas A+M.

Unfortunately for me Arizona made it past the first round, but lost to Villanova in the second. At least they made it a close game, but still I'm getting tired of their underperforming. And then Washington made it to the Sweet 16 before losing to the other Huskies. As far as UCLA goes... I give less than a $h** what happens to them. And also unfortunate for me, Maryland didn't even make it to the big dance.

I mean overall, getting 8 teams in was a good feat to accomplish, but then 3 of them bow out in the 1st round, 1 in the 2nd, and NONE of them made it to Indianapolis. Come on, I mean, they did have 1/8th of the ENTIRE field... That's pretty good odds at putting someone in Indy, at least in the Final Four if not the final game itself.
29th, Let's Go!

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 11):
Alabama- 49%
Gonzaga- 47%

That's two. Wanna count to 3?

By the way...

Belmont shot 28%
Memphis shot 35%
LSU shot 32%

In fact...the two teams you just quoted were the ONLY two teams to face UCLA that shot over 40% from the field.

In fact. 3/5 is pretty damn close to half, isn't it? Actually....isn't it over half?   

Quoting Beefstew25 (Reply 14):
By the way, the Gators can shoot 30% if they are doubling up on the offensive rebounds. Too much size, and they have such a well rounded team.

Hmmm....Didn't everyone say LSU would "Kill 'em inside" with "Big Baby"??????? Then what happened? Big Baby was totally shut down.

Sorry, but UCLA's defense shuts down everyone they play. "Too much size"??? I thought LSU had too much size? UCLA will own Florida inside. UCLA dominated LSU on the boards. UCLA will run Florida into the ground, like they did LSU. LSU was gasping for air when UCLA was done with them. No one can keep up with UCLA.

Florida had one kid that was shooting well from the outside. UCLA has 3 that do it consistantly. Let me remind you everyone picked UCLA to get owned by LSU. Everyone. Now all of a sudden everyone is strangely quiet when UCLA comes up in the conversation. Why is that? Is it because no one can admit they are a true threat???

[Edited 2006-04-03 17:28:28]

RayChuang

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:29 am

What is interesting is that ticket scalpers in Indianapolis have taken a major beating over the NCAA Men's Final Four this year. The problem is simple: all the "big name" teams that were supposed to be in the Final Four were all defeated by the time we got to the Final Four. Indeed, TV ratings are SUBSTANTIALLY down because of the lack of "big name" teams (yes, UCLA is a "big name" team but few folks west of the Mississippi care about them).

deltagator

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:19 am

S12PPL, you sure are talking a lot of shit before the game. I was once that way with my beloved Gators who promptly went out and got beaten at home by Auburn in The Swamp. I learned my lesson and perhaps you will learn one here as well.

I hope we win but who knows. You guys were able to shut down the inside against LSU but they don't have the outside game we do.

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 16):
Florida had one kid that was shooting well from the outside. UCLA has 3 that do it consistantly

I would argue that we have 3 as well with Humphries, Brewer, and Green.

I suppose we'll know tonight around midnight. I'm hoping for a Florida victory but if UCLA wins then congrats to them.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:17 am

In fact. 3/5 is pretty damn close to half, isn't it? Actually....isn't it over half?

Oh, so now were talking half.

Seems to me, 'half' is a little different from 'almost all'.

aa61hvy

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:21 am

Screw that nonsense. I'll be watching 24
Go big or go home

Tom in NO

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:32 am

#1) Nobody around here ever said UCLA wasn't a threat. You don't get seeded #2 in your bracket and not be considered a threat. LSU was a #4 seed. And I will admit that LSU played their worst game of the season, and UCLA played one of their best. Props to UCLA, I with them luck tonight.

#2) You're pretty fast and loose with your "Pac-10 hater" rants. As I recall, this discussion came up during football's bowl season. And that discussion had more to do with the SEC being a much tougher conference to play in than the Pac-10. I know I never said the Pac-10 sucked.....it is what it is...an easier conference schedule to play.

I never heard or saw this football conversation morph into a "Pac-10 BASKETBALL haters" thread. You pulled that one off on your own.....

#3) Back to NCAA hoops. Since when is the SEC expected to have a Final Four rep? It's expected every year in the Pac-10 (UCLA, Arizona among others have well-respected basketball programs). Frankly, the conference that should be hanging its head in shame is the ACC. At least the women over there know how to play a tournment.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

mdsh00

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:37 am

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 13):

If anyone deserves that title this year it should be the Big 10. The Pac actually did quite well this tourney. Arizona gave Villanova a run for their money, and Washington had their game against UConn robbed from them. UCLA, we'll we will see tonight.

deltagator

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 21):
You don't get seeded #2 in your bracket and not be considered a threat.

Unless you are Tennessee. They made the selection committee look foolish.

Frankly, the conference that should be hanging its head in shame is the ACC.

Yes they should. As fun as Vitale is I'm really getting tired of his incessant sucking up to Duke and the ACC. The other leagues have begun to catch up with them talent wise.

that discussion had more to do with the SEC being a much tougher conference to play in than the Pac-10.

I've long said that if you put USC into the SEC where it isn't always 75 degrees, sunny, and low humidity during the season they might not be in the position they have been in. Don't get me wrong, they're an incredible team. But bring them down to Gainesville in late August/early September when it is 100 degrees with 100% humidity even for a 6PM kickoff and see how long they last in The Swamp.

PSA53

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:42 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 9):

Maybe.
If lose,DeltaGator,self deletion?(LOL)

GO UCLA!
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

mdsh00

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:00 am

Since the game is soon upon us....

Greyhound

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:31 am

Oh come on now. There should be way more trash talking than this.

What's the best thing to come out of Gainesville?
I-75

What's the difference between a Gator and a dollar bill?
You only get three quarters out of a Gator.

Why do UCLA grads put their diplomas in the rear window of their cars?
So they can use handicapped parking.

What are the toughest 4 years in a Bruin's life?
3rd grade....

Come on people.... these are old jokes... I need some humor.
29th, Let's Go!

deltagator

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:37 am

Quoting Greyhound (Reply 26):
What's the best thing to come out of Gainesville?
I-75

You'll no disagreement from me on this one.

Quoting Psa53 (Reply 24):
Maybe.
If lose,DeltaGator,self deletion?(LOL)

No, I won't beg for a reply deletion. I'll stick by my posting. Honestly I picked Florida to win it all in my pool just like I do every year. I truly expected us to be in this position next year and not this year so a win is a Godsend indeed.

deltagator

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:16 am

Found an interesting article on espn.com with a bunch of reasons why the Gators will win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ory?columnist=forde_pat&id=2394370

I especially like the one about the mascots. Albert, and even Alberta, are tougher than the teddy bear that UCLA trots out on the court.

N1120A

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 am

Nice to see my alma mater retaking her rightful position in the National Championship game. I can't wait till the 2006 banner is hanging in Pauley Pavillion
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

mdsh00

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:27 am

And here's 20 Reasons why UCLA will win:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...nist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2394278

Honestly, this looks like the two best matched teams in the tourney, this will be an interesting game.

modesto2

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 am

UCLA will be rockin' out tonight...here comes #12!!!

Gators, sorry, try again next year...

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:45 am

You made this a conversation about "almost half". Not me. What is most sad...is that you still don't get it.

I've been saying almost all the whole time. Nice try at the spin work. But, you'll deny this, too. No real suprise there, really. You are so good about back treading.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 32):
You made this a conversation about "almost half". Not me. What is most sad...is that you still don't get it.

????

Where did I bring up half, or use half in anything other than reply to a direct quote where you brought half up?

Half matters for nothing, and I haven't brought it up....

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:09 am

Alabama- 49%
Gonzaga- 47%

What is your point?

If you're going to call me an idiot, you better atleast have a reason. This is absurd, but not surprising.

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:19 am

You don't read, so I'll go ahead and say it one more time for you.

I said:

In response to everyone saying how great a shooting team Florda is.
Then you said:

Sorry, 3/5 doesnt constitute 'almost all'

The reason you are so full of crap with this statement is because I never said "half". I never even came close to half.

Do you get it yet? Then I proved you wrong again, showing how 3 out of five teams shot 35% or below.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:28 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 36):

Do you get it yet? Then I proved you wrong again, showing how 3 out of five teams shot 35% or below.

It's simple really. 3 out of 5 teams does not mean 'almost all'. 4 out of 5 then you have a case. You were just trying to blow hot air to overinflate your little Bruins.

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 36):
Then I proved you wrong again

Just when have you ever, ever proved me wrong?

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:39 am

You say potato....

3 out of 5 is nearly all.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:41 am

No, No its not.

Don't forget, when have you ever, ever proved me wrong?

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:42 am

kjet12

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:48 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 40):

Umm, hate to break it, but I wouldn't call 3 out of 5 "nearly all". Majority, most, many, but not nearly all.
AA - Doing what we do best.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:49 am

It's a moot point anyway, as it will be reduced to 3/6 in an hour and a half.

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:55 am

They play 40 minutes for a reason.

Remember Gonzaga? They folded under the pressure in the 2nd half.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 43):

Remember Gonzaga? They folded under the pressure in the 2nd half.

First of all, they collapsed.

Second of all, they shot over 35%, which is what we're talking about, if you were wondering.

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:59 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 44):
First of all, they collapsed.

Second of all, they shot over 35%, which is what we're talking about, if you were wondering.

No. UCLA stepped it up to another level. They put pressure on Gonzaga. They couldn't handle it. Period. End of story. Just because it doesn't go how you want it to doesn't mean it's wrong, tekie.

And I've long since acknowlaged that they were one of only two teams to shoot over 35%, so what's your fricken point??

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:53 am

Not that this is the reason UCLA is getting owned by Florida...

But wouldn't it be nice of Noah got called for a fucking travel ONCE in the game?

The guy is taking 4 steps to the hoop and getting away with it nearly every time he touches the ball. Last time I checked...this was NOT the NBA where the traveling violation is ignored.

Now if UCLA would find a damn answer for they're total lack of defense...sure would be nice.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:02 pm

Like clockwork!! Who would have guessed S12PPL would be complaining about the refs?

Atleast you have a big enough mouth so that sticking your foot in it shouldn't be too difficult.

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 47):
Like clockwork!! Who would have guessed S12PPL would be complaining about the refs?

I'll save what I really want to say so I don't get banned.

But do you think that he isn't traveling? If you honestly think that, you don't know the game.

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:16 pm

This officiating is a total joke. Another pahetic, blatant miss.

Two travels in the back court again. This is fricken sad.

Reminds me of the Super Bowl.

GuitrThree

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:33 pm

Sorry, but UCLA's defense shuts down everyone they play.

No, they don't.

UCLA will own Florida inside.

Nope. Not tonight.

UCLA will run Florida into the ground, like they did LSU.

Really? Tell me about it. Please..

No one can keep up with UCLA.

Humm.. Nope.

Florida had one kid that was shooting well from the outside. UCLA has 3 that do it consistantly. Let me remind you everyone picked UCLA to get owned by LSU. Everyone. Now all of a sudden everyone is strangely quiet when UCLA comes up in the conversation. Why is that? Is it because no one can admit they are a true threat???

Based on tonights score, I guess you are saying that Florida's "one kid" can outshoot UCLA's 3..

I guess you said it best...

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 34):
Go look at reply 11, idiot. Jeez.

[Edited 2006-04-04 05:34:27]
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5