lehpron

When You Go To The Store...

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:10 am

Do you:

• walk up and down each aisle

• walk up and down some of the aisles

• get what you need and get out

• just look around and flag off every employee that thinks you need assistance except the pretty ones.
  • The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

RobertNL070

RE: When You Go To The Store...

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
    get what you need and get out

yes 

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
    Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

ManuCH
    Crew

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 am

I get into the store wanting to get what I need, but I end up walking around all the aisles because I don't remember where things are.

-Manuel
    Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

stlgph

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:42 am

# walk up and down each aisle

when i'm cruising Target and the gay Schnucks (grocery chain based in St. Louis) yes.

# walk up and down some of the aisles

no

when i'm forced to go to Wal Mart

# just look around and flag off every employee that thinks you need assistance except the pretty ones.

again, when i'm cruising Target and the gay Schnucks, then yes.
    if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

ManuCH
    Crew

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:44 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 3):
    when i'm cruising Target and the gay Schnucks (grocery chain based in St. Louis) yes

Can a grocery store actually be a cruising place in St. Louis??  Smile

-Manuel
    Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

stlgph

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:00 am

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 4):
    Can a grocery store actually be a cruising place in St. Louis?? Smile

oh yes.

and i mean -YES-

the "gay" Schnucks, for those of you in St. Louis, or are familiar, is the one on Clayton Road in Richmond Heights, settled right between the Central West End neighborhood (the Martha's Vineyard of Missouri) and where it gets real nice and hosh posh with Clayton/Ladue/Frontenac/Town and Country, etc.

the minute you walk in you are treated to a produce/meat/deli/seafood/floral department that is all nicely decorated with a heavy floral/tropical type ambience with really particular and ornate mood lighting. the rest of the store is a typical grocery store set up, but is very well maitained, bright, shiny, the shelves are always stocked, you name it. expanded selection of wines, more exotic varieties of just about everything, blah blah you name it.

the clientel is a mix of everybody but you find a strong amount of single males lurking around the store looking extremely metrosexual, or going well out of their way to appear attractive in their sweats, etc. you find a lot of single males, young and old in there throughout the day, especially after 8pm, who seem spend a lot of time walking up and down the aisles for just one or two items. you find a lot of SLU, Fontbonne, and Wash U boys by themselves, most of whom are always quick to make eye contact with you and even perhaps a smile or a quick hello to test out the waters and see where it goes from there. sometimes you see groups of two or three of them with their token female friend who is often the one to say hi to you first, again, testing out the waters for her friends.

i've honestly spent two or three hours in the store from gibber gabbering with people, and all i bought was microwave popcorn.

the lesbian Schnucks is down in Hampton Village at Hampton & Chippewa. it's a nice store, but a little rougher around the edges...no big floral displays but an expansive vegetarian, meat, and dog food selection.

the gay Target is the one new they just rebuilt right across the street from the lesbian Schnucks, but the one in Brentwood Promenade still attracts a lot of spillovers and metrosexuals from the Clayton/Ladue/CWE area.

one of the biggest cruising days of the year is at Target in Brentwood when it is "Wash U" move in weekend. typically, how the system works is you go in on Saturday or Sunday and you can only really make eye contact with them because their parents are there. but you all typically follow each other around the promenade...in and out of Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, over to World Market and Trader Joe's, etc. then what you do is revisit the stores on Monday or Tuesday and you will typically find the guys looking for "things they forgot to buy" in addition to looking for your phone number.

it's already on my calendar for this year. August 19/20/21.
    if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

muddydwagon

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:11 am

I usually:

But Sometimes:

walk up and down some of the aisles

Cheers Peter

Viper911

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:21 am

well since we have here Narrowbody shop i just:

get what i need and get out

Smile

Regards, Jhon  airplane 

mhodgson

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:10 am

I can shop in about 10 minutes, my mum is lucky if she can make it in 60. Simply because I know what I want, plan my 'route', and get out of there as fast as possible. Wheras my mum dawdles, buys stuff we don't need and explores every aisle.
    No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

panam330

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:03 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 5):
    oh yes.

and i mean -YES-

the "gay" Schnucks, for those of you in St. Louis, or are familiar, is the one on Clayton Road in Richmond Heights, settled right between the Central West End neighborhood (the Martha's Vineyard of Missouri) and where it gets real nice and hosh posh with Clayton/Ladue/Frontenac/Town and Country, etc.

the minute you walk in you are treated to a produce/meat/deli/seafood/floral department that is all nicely decorated with a heavy floral/tropical type ambience with really particular and ornate mood lighting. the rest of the store is a typical grocery store set up, but is very well maitained, bright, shiny, the shelves are always stocked, you name it. expanded selection of wines, more exotic varieties of just about everything, blah blah you name it.

the clientel is a mix of everybody but you find a strong amount of single males lurking around the store looking extremely metrosexual, or going well out of their way to appear attractive in their sweats, etc. you find a lot of single males, young and old in there throughout the day, especially after 8pm, who seem spend a lot of time walking up and down the aisles for just one or two items. you find a lot of SLU, Fontbonne, and Wash U boys by themselves, most of whom are always quick to make eye contact with you and even perhaps a smile or a quick hello to test out the waters and see where it goes from there. sometimes you see groups of two or three of them with their token female friend who is often the one to say hi to you first, again, testing out the waters for her friends.

i've honestly spent two or three hours in the store from gibber gabbering with people, and all i bought was microwave popcorn.

the lesbian Schnucks is down in Hampton Village at Hampton & Chippewa. it's a nice store, but a little rougher around the edges...no big floral displays but an expansive vegetarian, meat, and dog food selection.

the gay Target is the one new they just rebuilt right across the street from the lesbian Schnucks, but the one in Brentwood Promenade still attracts a lot of spillovers and metrosexuals from the Clayton/Ladue/CWE area.

one of the biggest cruising days of the year is at Target in Brentwood when it is "Wash U" move in weekend. typically, how the system works is you go in on Saturday or Sunday and you can only really make eye contact with them because their parents are there. but you all typically follow each other around the promenade...in and out of Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, over to World Market and Trader Joe's, etc. then what you do is revisit the stores on Monday or Tuesday and you will typically find the guys looking for "things they forgot to buy" in addition to looking for your phone number.

it's already on my calendar for this year. August 19/20/21.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

LOT767-300ER

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 4):
    Can a grocery store actually be a cruising place in St. Louis??

I know this is hard for us Europeans to understand...but son in America you can cruise in anything...just the other day I cruised at a fast paced 4mph on my power cart next to the 1/2km long snack aisle at Wal-Mart

AerospaceFan

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:27 am

That's pretty much me.  Smile
    What's fair is fair.

ANCFlyer

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:48 am

Exactly - I take a list - occasionally straying from it for a few odds and ends - but the entire idea of cruising the aisles or just walking about the store is totally foreign to me. Quite a waste of time.
    FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AerospaceFan

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:51 am

I do confess to walking around malls just for the exercise, though. I literally walk around them -- the perimeter. That way, if I get the urge for juice or something, I can pop in and grab one at the food court.
    What's fair is fair.

MDorBust

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:52 am

Primary Method: Order online, wait for UPS/FedEX man

Secondary Method: Have long drawn out conversation about the merits of the 180gr versus the 203gr with man behind counter.  duck 
    "I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

searpqx

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:54 am

Depends on why I'm going. If its to the grocery because I need eggs and bread for breakfast, then I get eggs and bread and get out. If its Friday afternoon and I want to stock up for the weekend, then I'll wander the isles and see what sounds good for the next few days.
    "The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

boeingfanyyz

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:55 am

Head for the cashier with an illegal firearm and ask kindly for a few bucks.  wink 

Cheers,
    Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
    "If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

LOT767-300ER

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:58 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):
    Exactly - I take a list - occasionally straying from it for a few odds and ends - but the entire idea of cruising the aisles or just walking about the store is totally foreign to me. Quite a waste of time.

Oh please but nothing is foreign to you...except maybe of course going out your door without *gasp* a military hat.  Silly

ANCFlyer

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:08 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 17):
    except maybe of course going out your door without *gasp* a military hat

Habit . . . sorta like being armed . . . once you get used to it, it doesn't feel 'right' otherwise.

As for shopping - my 77 y/o Father will go to Wal Mart and grab a cart and walk endlessly . . . and not buy shit! Drives me crazy. Girlfriend can spend the day at Dimond Center or 5th Ave Mall . . . and not buy shit! WTF is that all about?

I mean, ok - Pop is 77 . . . not like he's got much else to do . . . but geeezz!
    FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

CastleIsland

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:12 pm

Mostly, I don't last that long. There's beer to drink at home, and it beckons...
    "People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

searpqx

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:41 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 18):
    Girlfriend can spend the day at Dimond Center or 5th Ave Mall . . .

Ok, I admit it's been a decade or more since I've been to either, but last I checked, combined, they didn't have enough in them to keep you going more than two hours! I worked in Diamond for a year and hated it!
    "The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"