Sabena332
Topic Author

Can I Watch Champions League On TV In The USA?

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:19 am

Hi all,

I am currently in the Washington D.C. area and I am curious if there is any TV channel which shows a summary of the Champions League games tonight. Is there any chance to see something from these games here in the States? A live broadcast would also be cool, I could watch the second half.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

yowza

RE: Can I Watch Champions League On TV In The USA?

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:23 am

You should be able to catch it on one of the ESPN channels. Also if you get ESPN Deporrtes or GOL Tv you should be able to catch it on those for sure.

YOWza

Falcon84

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:24 am

No. We don't like falling asleep when watching sports, you see.  Wink

Seriously, I imagine that ESPN might carry something of it, or any of the FoxSports stations in the area.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Sabena332
Topic Author

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 am

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Quoting YOWza (Reply 1):
Also if you get ESPN Deporrtes or GOL Tv you should be able to catch it on those for sure.

I saw at least two ESPN channels while switching through the program yesterday evening, I hope that ESPN Deporrtes is among them.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
No. We don't like falling asleep when watching sports, you see.

No comment, I don't want to turn this thread into another American Football vs. Real Football flamefest.  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

petertenthije

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:40 am

So that's why you got those loud commercials every 5 minutes.  Wink
Attamottamotta!

Falcon84

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting Petertenthije (Reply 4):

So that's why you got those loud commercials every 5 minutes.

No the loud commercials are so guys can go get another beer, or make a roast beef sandwich, or visit the can.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

LOT767-300ER

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:07 am

Patrick:

If you have cable/satellite depending there is a good chance you have FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) thankfully at home in Chicago we have extended European satellite plan with the standard European channels so its no problem there but down here while at the university in Florida thankfully we have FSC so all is not lost.

Heres the bad part, you almost certainly have to have extended cable over in DC in order to get the spanish ESPN Deportes or GolTV. Hence if your TV only goes up to Channel 70 or 80 then no luck my friend...all your gonna get is ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews (if that) and ESPN Classic.

None of the normal ESPNs shows it, neither does FSN. Face it, it hurts to not have DSF, EuroSport and SkySports, American sports channels are kind of like the music selection on VIVAPlus...or worse...shows on SAT.1  Silly

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
No the loud commercials are so guys can go get another beer, or make a roast beef sandwich, or visit the can.

Idiot sentence of the day. American sports + fans + BEER. Hold me, im gonna tip over in my chair from the laughter.

Mir

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:30 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 3):
I saw at least two ESPN channels while switching through the program yesterday evening, I hope that ESPN Deporrtes is among them.

Those would have been ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN Deportes (one r) is the Spanish-language channel, and I've never seen it on most cable plans.

But Fox Soccer Channel should have you covered, if you can get it. Come World Cup time, ESPN will be broadcasting some of the matches.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Alias1024

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:47 am

ESPN 2 is showing Champions League right now. Milan vs. Lyon. They should have some of the semi-finals, and the final for sure. During their broadcast they usually show highlights of the other matches they are not showing.

As said above, Fox Soccer Channel is good for scores and highlights. 10 pm and 1 am Eastern they have a show which usually has highlights or at least scores of any important matches in England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, and any other top league.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

TPAnx

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:06 am

And if you're stuck for scores..check out the USA Today website. Lists all the leagues...
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

TheSorcerer

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:04 am

A guy just got totaly binned in the Lyon v Inter match. Elbow to the head, he's down on the ground bleeding. It was 3-1 to Inter btw.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

GLAGAZ

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:16 am

Quoting TheSorcerer (Reply 10):
A guy just got totaly binned in the Lyon v Inter match. Elbow to the head, he's down on the ground bleeding. It was 3-1 to Inter btw.
Dominic

I take it you meant AC Milan?  Smile

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

aviationmaster

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:17 am

Quoting TheSorcerer (Reply 10):
Dominic

The match you're talking about is Villareal-Inter. He should have been sent off for that!

Here are the results:

AC Milan 3-1 Lyon (typical Milan scoring in the last few minutes of the match)
Villareal 1-0 Inter Milan (Villareal advancing on away goals)

TheSorcerer

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:02 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 11):

Quoting Aviationmaster (Reply 12):

Yeah lol my mistake, i was half landing in LHR on FS9 and half watching the football.  Big grin
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
No the loud commercials are so guys can go get another beer, or make a roast beef sandwich, or visit the can.

Except for going to the can, isn't that the wife is for?  duck  *puts on flamesuit*  flamed 

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 6):
If you have cable/satellite depending there is a good chance you have FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) thankfully at home in Chicago we have extended European satellite plan with the standard European channels so its no problem there but down here while at the university in Florida thankfully we have FSC so all is not lost.

What channels do you get?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

TPAnx

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:37 am

ESPN2 airs Arsenal vs Juventus @2:30 EDST today.
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

Sabena332
Topic Author

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:41 am

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 15):
ESPN2 airs Arsenal vs Juventus @2:30 EDST today.

Perfect, I can watch the second half when I hurry up after work!

Patrick

LOT767-300ER

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:57 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 8):
As said above, Fox Soccer Channel is good for scores and highlights. 10 pm and 1 am Eastern they have a show which usually has highlights or at least scores of any important matches in England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, and any other top league.

Thats 11pm EST...Fox Sports World Report headed by Jeremy St. Louis whos a funny dude, and that crazy Scotsman.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 14):
What channels do you get?

TV Polonia, TVN 24, Polsat 2, Tele5, RTL7, RTL2, DSF, TV5 Europe, DWtv, BBC One, RAI 2, Pro7, CNBC Europe, EuroNews, VIVA Poland, MTV Poland and some other ones.

Aleksandar

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:07 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 17):
TV Polonia

I used to watch that channel here and even learned some Polish thanks to it. Now, I miss it  cry  Maybe their sports programme sucks, but they had interesting movies, TV series and documentaries with subtitles.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Alias1024

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:48 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 17):
Thats 11pm EST...Fox Sports World Report headed by Jeremy St. Louis whos a funny dude, and that crazy Scotsman.

Nope, 10 pm. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch The Daily Show after it finished.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

texan

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:21 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 6):
Patrick:

If you have cable/satellite depending there is a good chance you have FSC (Fox Soccer Channel)

Fox Soccer Channel is the only reason I have digital cable. It's also about the only place to find any soccer with commentary in English.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."