charlib52

Career Change Help

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:25 am

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd post this out there to see If I can catch any advice -- anyone undertaken a career shift lately from one discipline to another?

I'm currently in the IT field and seriously thinking that a change is in order. I know careers in Aviation are slim and not the best paying, but anyone have any ideas for a mid-career IT guy who specializes in procedure and systematic approaches to things? Something around an Airport would be divine. But I'm not sure what qualifications one needs to get to break into that field that is a mixture of operations and aviation. I'd love to be a dispatcher, but those jobs are slim, and not really available in my preferred geographic area

I know this is a big undertaking, which is why I'm researching it from all angles and asking a lot of people. Anyone have any thoughts for me?

Thanks!

planespotting

RE: Career Change Help

Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:41 am

Airlines use lots of IT guys...just go to the different airline websites and see what job openings they have...
Do you like movies about gladiators?

boeingfanyyz

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:23 am

Perhaps check-in or gate agent at an airline might be the right choice for you. And hey: you could even end up on "Airline!".

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

TS-IOR

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:08 am

I am almost 28-years-old. I've worked in the telemarketing field for five years and i've been quite good in my job. A few months ago, i've started a new job which is totally different from my previous one. I am now a lorry driver shuttling night and day between Tunisia and Germany, and i am quite happy with that  Wink

If you want to change your career and have found a better position, go ahead and i'm sure you won't regret it ! Just think twice and do not hesitate...