BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Gran Centenario - Way Better Then Patron

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:30 pm

I was browsing through my local liquor store a week or two ago and stumbled onto this little baby that I've never tried before:

And let me tell you; it is freakin' amazing! I mean, mind blowing. It is easily the finest tequila I have ever tasted. I mean, lightyears better then Patron. Granted, it is a hefty $53 for a 750ml bottle; but it was totally worth it! (And heck, it was my birthday after all; why not splurge a little?)

So have any others tried this fine tequila? I did a little googling and it appears that two previous tequila producers merged to form this company. In it's current form, Gran Centenario is distributed by Skyy.

If you haven't tried it yet, suck it up and go get some! I promise you won't regret it! But for the love of all that is holy, please don't ruin such a fine spirit by putting it into a mixed drink or with salt/lime. Straight up is the only way to fully appreciate its flavor...  yummy 
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

AM744

RE: Gran Centenario - Way Better Then Patron

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:49 pm

Yeah... great tequila... If you come to Mexico or have someone that could buy stuff for you, Centenario is the equivalent in Mexican Pesos to less than $20USD at local stores. Also, you MUST try "Don Julio Reposado". Even better than Centenario though more expensive. About $50USD in Mexico.

BCAInfoSys
Topic Author

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:31 am

Quoting AM744 (Reply 1):
Don Julio Reposado

I found a 750ml bottle of Don Julio Blanco in PVR for only 250 pesos, roughly $25USD. Not a bad deal eh?

I like Don Julio, but I think Centenario is my favorite.  Smile
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

CRJonBeez

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:06 am

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Thread starter):
Straight up is the only way to fully appreciate its flavor... yummy

i completely agree! too many people out there hate tequila because they're idea of that liquor in it's entirety is jose cuervo or perhaps sauza. i had a pretty good drink out in palm springs at a mexican restaraunt named don eduardo. tasty! of course i had to follow it with patron though! the tequila menu was pretty impressive. they had a shot that cost $45!  eyepopping  my brother talked me out of it. i was dying to know how it tasted, but the voice of reason got in my way...

desertjets

Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:11 am

For $53 it better be good, go down smooth, and not make you want to committ suicide afterwards.

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Thread starter):
But for the love of all that is holy, please don't ruin such a fine spirit by putting it into a mixed drink or with salt/lime.

This is also a pet peeve of mine. Ppl who buy top shelf liquor and procede to mix it with crap like red bull.... drink it straight or do a proper cocktail or mixed drink.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia