OttoPylit
Topic Author

Delta Has Replacement Pilots In Place

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:54 am

Who says Delta hasn't thought this out completely? Hilarious!!!!  rotfl 

Delta has pilot strike replacements in place

" Delta Air Lines announced today that they have replacement pilots in place to take over flight operations if in fact the pilots union does go out on strike" Over 400 pilots based in India were promoted from Deltas reservation center in Mumbai , and recently completed an intensive 3 week training program to fly Delta jets.

Delta spokes person Raj Singh commented that “Delta is ready to keep flying, and there should not be any concern of safety or reliability from the traveling public. The training that these pilots received was all according to FAA standards and Delta even went farther by educating the new hires on US landmarks and geographical features so that the pilots will be able to converse with the passengers and point these out while in flight, so that its travelers will know the aircraft is on course

When asked about other employee groups supporting the strike, Singh replied that Delta has replacements lined up to take the place of flight attendants and mechanics, and even has red robed airport customer service agents in the wings.

Singh also commented that Delta will realize over 30 million dollars in cost savings with this move. The new pilots have agreed to a contract paying them a wage of $6.15 an hour, which Singh commented is more that triple the average wage for Indian workers.

Some of the new pilots were to have arrived last night to a Delta flight operation center in Charleston SC, last night, but were delayed until this morning. Apparently the flight landed instead in Charleston WV.

Source: Reuters

---------------------------------------------------

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

Dtw757

RE: Delta Has Replacement Pilots In Place

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:01 am

Is this a late April Fool's joke?
721,2,732,3,4,5,G,8,9,741,2,3,4,752,3,762,3,4,772,3,788,D93,5,M80,D10,M11,L10,100,AB6,319,20,21,332,3,346,388,146,CR2,7,

commavia

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:04 am

It appears I've been had!  Smile

[Edited 2006-04-14 04:12:38]

MaxQ2351

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:04 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Thread starter):
Over 400 pilots based in India were promoted from Deltas reservation center in Mumbai , and recently completed an intensive 3 week training program to fly Delta jets.

Maybe it's just me but I am not willing to trust my life to a flightcrew who has 3 weeks training and is making $6.15 an hour. I suspect most people feel the same as I do also, and if a choice has to be made between flying with them or not flying at all, they will probably elect to not fly at all (or just rebook on someone else).

So, while it may seem like a clever idea, such a plan, if executed, would probably hurt Delta more than it would help them if the pilots strike.

-Max

As mentioned above, I hope to God this is a late April Fools joke or something!!

[Edited 2006-04-14 04:06:52]
The 777-200LR......2 engines 4 longer haul

gift4tbone

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:05 am

this can't be true, send the link please, if this is true, it is the saddest day in airline history, pilots making 6.15/hr?! ridiculous, and 3 weeks of training?!

I find this very disturbing at the least.

-Tony@PVD
Top 3 airports: PVD 23.9%(138 flights), PHL 14.7%(85 flights), PHX 10.2%(59 flights)

Dreamflight767

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:08 am

This is a joke right?

Some of the new pilots were to have arrived last night to a Delta flight operation center in Charleston SC, last night, but were delayed until this morning. Apparently the flight landed instead in Charleston WV.

If they are trained on "geographical" references, than I guess they can only fly in VFR?

But I guess all that "geographical" training didn't work out after all - they still landed at the wrong airport.

MSYtristar

Guys...it's a joke. Trust me.

Ih8b6

Guys,

Remember, not everything you read on the internet is true - just like this article.
Over-moderation sucks

milesrich

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:10 am

Of course it's a joke. The only thing not funny about it is that when you call Delta, you actually have to talk to some $4.00 an hour idiot in Mumbai. I cannot believe that anyone would believe the original post, although, when I read it, it gave me a good laugh.

bohica

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:11 am

This is obviously a JOKE!!!  bouncy   bouncy   bouncy 

Zone1

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:13 am

Quoting MaxQ2351 (Reply 3):
Maybe it's just me but I am not willing to trust my life to a flightcrew who has 3 weeks training and is making $6.15 an hour.

I'm with you on that one. I fly Sunday on DL out of PNS. I really hope they don't go on strike because I won't fly on the first comercial flight these guys have. If they do go on strike, I might use my SkyMiles to fly on CO or NW.

[Edited 2006-04-14 04:17:16]
/// U N I T E D

B6FA4ever

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:15 am

Over 400 pilots based in India were promoted from Deltas reservation center in Mumbai , and recently completed an intensive 3 week training program to fly Delta jets.

i'm sorry...but if this is true...i really have a problem w/ that. i don't know if i'm just reading it wrong, but, "400 pilots promoted from DL's reservation center". does this actually mean they were reservationist's and after ONLY 3 wks...are now pilots!? correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't it usually take a bit longer to be a qualified trained pilot...especially w/ the amount of different a/c types DL has in its fleet?

this replacement work may have worked for NW and its mechanics...but i really don't think it'll work out for a pilot position for DL.

~B6FA4ever

USPIT10L

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:17 am

Thanks, Otto.

Quote from DL "pilot" "Welcome to Delta Air Lines. My name is Al Smith. How may I help you?" (very thick Indian accent)

I always knew I could load bags going to India, I never knew I'd be flying with them.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

FLAIRPORT

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:19 am

THIS IS NOTTTT FUNNY! I am flying Delta next month and I am appaled. Please delete this post. I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

vegasplanes

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Reply 13):

THIS IS NOTTTT FUNNY! I am flying Delta next month and I am appaled. Please delete this post. I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable

Don't read it if you don't like it.

It is Unacceptable that you have no sense of humor.

jsposaune

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:25 am

Wow...do people acutally believe this????...  

I need to check my dictionary and make sure the definition of the word "gullible" has a link to www.airliners.net!!!!!!

[Edited 2006-04-14 04:38:21]
There are no stupid questions....only stupid people!!!

jsposaune

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:26 am

sorry...double post.

[Edited 2006-04-14 04:39:11]
There are no stupid questions....only stupid people!!!

gift4tbone

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:27 am

Quoting Jsposaune (Reply 15):
I need to check my dictionary and make sure the definition of the world "gullible" has a link to www.airliners.net!!!!!!

LOL I agree...I first read it before any other replies, and I did consider the fact it might be true...thats why I asked for a link...and now I checked reuters just to make sure, lol. Yes its fake, and I don't particullarly think it was very funny.

BUT yes, Gullible is very much an A.net way of life.

-Tony@PVD
Top 3 airports: PVD 23.9%(138 flights), PHL 14.7%(85 flights), PHX 10.2%(59 flights)

positiverate

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:28 am

Maybe it's just me but I am not willing to trust my life to a flightcrew who has 3 weeks training and is making $6.15 an hour. I suspect most people feel the same as I do also, and if a choice has to be made between flying with them or not flying at all, they will probably elect to not fly at all (or just rebook on someone else).

So, while it may seem like a clever idea, such a plan, if executed, would probably hurt Delta more than it would help them if the pilots strike.

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 4):
this can't be true, send the link please, if this is true, it is the saddest day in airline history, pilots making 6.15/hr?! ridiculous, and 3 weeks of training?!

Quoting Dreamflight767 (Reply 5):
If they are trained on "geographical" references, than I guess they can only fly in VFR?

But I guess all that "geographical" training didn't work out after all - they still landed at the wrong airport.

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 10):
I'm with you on that one. I fly Sunday on DL out of PNS. I really hope they don't go on strike because I won't fly on the first comercial flight these guys have. If they do go on strike, I might use my SkyMiles to fly on CO or NW.

Quoting B6FA4ever (Reply 11):
i'm sorry...but if this is true...i really have a problem w/ that. i don't know if i'm just reading it wrong, but, "400 pilots promoted from DL's reservation center". does this actually mean they were reservationist's and after ONLY 3 wks...are now pilots!? correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't it usually take a bit longer to be a qualified trained pilot...especially w/ the amount of different a/c types DL has in its fleet?

this replacement work may have worked for NW and its mechanics...but i really don't think it'll work out for a pilot position for DL.

Ok, so there's 6 naive people who clearly can't see this is a joke and take themselves wayyyy too seriously...

DL4EVR

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:28 am

ROTFL...funniest thing I've read all day!!!
 rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

deltagator

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:37 am

Quoting Jsposaune (Reply 15):
Wow...do people acutally believe this????...

P.T. Barnum said it best..."There's a sucker born every minute."
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

congaboy

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:46 am

Hope you enjoy reading the posts, Otto. Not bad, though...pretty funny.
"Joey, you like movies about gladiators?"

MarkATL

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:51 am

I don't know what's funnier, the stupid pilots from the Indian reservation center joke, or all the dumb-asses that believed it.....Hmmmm.....No, I'm sure it's fact that so many dumb asses believed it.

The fact that some people are so "offended" and "concerend" about such flase information, or should I say obvious joke. That is even funnier.

For the people who believed this...get a life.

For the person who wrote this...get a girlfriend, if unable to....get a hooker!
"...left my home in Georgia, 'n headed for the "Frisco" Bay...

MSYtristar

Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:57 am

How...and I mean this sincerely...HOW can people actually believe this? I needed a good laugh, and boy did I ever get it!!!! Thanks y'all!

Lono

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:20 pm

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 22):
all the dumb-asses that believed it.....Hmmmm.....No, I'm sure it's fact that so many dumb asses believed it.

Unbelievable ...... truly unbelievable.... wow!

Excellent work Otto.... Can you post another so we can point out some more "challenged" people.....
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

B777-700

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Quoting Gift4tbone (Reply 4):

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 10):

Quoting B6FA4ever (Reply 11):

This is sad. I mean, I expected ONE person to believe this, but for the love of God...

It's scary that you people are allowed out in public.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

jacobin777

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Maybe it's just me but I am not willing to trust my life to a flightcrew who has 3 weeks training and is making $6.15 an hour.

at least DL might make some money then.......... Smile
"Up the Irons!"

777-200

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:03 pm

Wow, I've seriously lost all hope in you guys, worst EVER!!!!

But funny joke....
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

airwave

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Wow. Just wow. Truly hilarious!

Thank you, Otto!

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

N587NK

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:18 pm

Its great I love it, especially the last paragraph  Smile

LMAO

NorthstarBoy

Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:52 pm

i have to admit, my initial reaction was wtf, but then i started reading it, it definitely cracked me up. kudos to otto for providing some levity in light of the situation at delta. i can imagine, had something like this actually gone through, what the next article from Reuters would be:

"the FAA is investigating Delta on Allegations of employing unqualified Pilots after a spate of plane crashes, near misses, and landing at wrong airports. The charges,being investigated by the FAA, also include possible violations of international airspace after one recently promoted pilot try to fly an MD-88 from Atlanta to Colombia without proper authority, that plane crashed into the caribbean after being denied permission to land. Apparently, according to some surviving passengers, the pilots didn't understand they were supposed to go to Columbia, South Carolina, not Colombia the country. The airline, already under severe financial strain, could face hundreds of millions of dollars in fines, not to mention lawsuits from the families of those passengers killed in an unnerving spate of accidents involving Delta aircraft recently, all of which were being flown by a group of 400 recent graduatates from the "Delta Air Lines Pilot Academy of India, a hastily set up operation in Mumbai, being run by Captain Lee Moak, himself a former captain hired back by Delta as a consultant for an undisclosed sum of money. Captain Moak, when reached for comment, in Mumbai, blamed management for the crashes, insisting that he had only selected the best and highest quality reservationists for the "I want to be a Delta Pilot" reality show and had invested in them the best training on the most state of the art equipment. It is noted by independent observers, that the "equipment" consisted of three grounded Iraqi Airways 727s, labeled "737, 757, MD-80" and two Iran Air A300s, also grounded, labeled "767, 777." The investigation by the FAA is ongoing. in the meantime, Delta has launched a new version of it's "I want to be a Delta Pilot" reality show, already a huge hit in India, in Russia and China, where it hopes to attract more "qualified applicants, who still appreciate what a great sum of money seven dollars an hour really is."

now, for the disclaimer: the above was solely a product of my own imagination, not based on fact. i hope you got a kick out of it, if not, i'm getting on my heatsuit because someone is going to flame the hell out of me lol.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

727forever

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Otto,

Generally I disagree with everything you say, but I am impressed. This is downright creative and quite funny.

727forever
727forever

UnitedFlyer

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:40 pm

If you guys serious believe this is true, then I have a TWA Boeing 797 for sale.....!  drool 

B6FA4ever

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:46 pm

ok...so i made a big mistake on my reading the original post *LOL*. after i finished typing my post earlier today i thought to myself "OK, that must've been a joke!" oh well i guess i can be gullible!  white 

Good post Otto!!!  bigthumbsup 

~B6FA4ever

Delta767300ER

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Quote:

Okay, quit whining like a 12 year old girl. I dont think their is anyone in this world that loves Delta more than I do and I thought it was funny as Hell. Its good to have a joke every once in awhile. I am also flying Delta next month. Quit throwing your hissy fits.

-Delta767300ER

polar1

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:54 pm

"If you can't spot the sucker in the first 30 minutes...then, you are the sucker!" Matt Damon in the movie "Rounders".

C-L-A-S-S-I-C !!!
Theme planes flown on: N218UA, N425QX, N443SW, N501SW, N610DL, N629SW, N653UA, N784AS, N792AS, N821SK

OttoPylit
Topic Author

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:00 pm

The sad thing is that 6 people still believed it, even after it was stated it was a joke. Really didn't know a.net got this bad.

To those of you who enjoyed it and got a good laugh, your welcome. That was(and always is) my aim, to humor and please others. This was sent to me from a co-worker in my company email and mentioned that this would set the pilots straight, wishing it could only be true.

NorthStarBoy, EXCELLENT POST! I love it! Whoever wrote the first email and you need to get together and do some a.net fictional posting for entertaining purposes.

Just goes to show 2 things.

1. Humor CAN and WILL bring us all together.

and

2. Some people will believe anything.

Take care, have fun, and if I get anything else as interesting, I'll be sure to post. I bet any pilots seeing the thread topic shit their pants before they click the link. LOL

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

WesternA318

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 25):
It's scary that you people are allowed out in public.

Umm, I think they were locked in their basements beating off to approach charts...or the latest Gemini Jets model their mothers bought them. LOL. JK.

Otto, very awesome man, although I woulda suspected something like this to have been spat out by Airwave before anyone else, lol!  thumbsup 
Check out my blog at fl310travel.blogspot.com!

wukka

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Don't worry. I hear that they're going to compensate the pax with champagne, roses, and snow-globes.

If I were you, though, I'd hold out on their compensation and ask for an extra couple months of flight-tracker.
We can agree to disagree.

aviatortj

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:44 pm

The ones that didn't find it funny were probably the same ones that would have crossed the line with those pilots in place.

This is up there with the sponsor the pilot deal.  Wink

KAUSpilot

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Sadly, Indian Pilots probably would not work for the amount Delta management is proposing. Truly funny.... LOL.

wjcandee

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 22):
don't know what's funnier, the stupid pilots from the Indian reservation center joke, or all the dumb-asses that believed it

I know which is funnier.

Of course, most of the outraged posters were like 16. A fine comment on the state of our nation's secondary schools? To the outraged posters: You are all assigned "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. It's huge, but you can put it down and pick it up 3 days later and still remember exactly where you were. Read it, and you'll never read anything in the paper (or on the Internet) the same way again. Don't bring it to school, however, as your teachers will likely confiscate it or tell you that it's heretical. They will not, however, have ever read it despite having these opinions. The suggestions that others have made about getting a life or a girlfriend also aren't bad.

[Edited 2006-04-14 09:49:56]

Lono

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:19 pm

Quoting OttoPylit (Reply 36):
That was(and always is) my aim, to humor and please others.

Yes... right on... me also...

2. Some people will believe anything.

Yikes!....

1. Humor CAN and WILL bring us all together.

especially now!!! We needed this... good job... !!!

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 37):
Umm, I think they were locked in their basements beating off to approach charts...or the latest Gemini Jets model their mothers bought them. LOL. JK.

LMAF!!! wow!
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

DALelite

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:23 pm

thumbsup   trophy  , Otto, that was realy a good joke. At first I belived it,
thought it was a bit strange, but aslong as it works... but then when i read about the hourly wages I start thinking that this only can be a joke.
good fantasy.

DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

Delta07

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:17 pm

OK, I have to admit, when I first starting reading the post, I thought, Oh No, then as I read on...I realized, this is so fake, there is no way this is true but I was a little shocked at the beginning.

Thanks for making my day...I needed this laugh  laughing 

Fletcher
NO URLS in signature

swf

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:30 pm

Look who posted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing   laughing   laughing 

par13del

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:42 pm

Well, to join the chorus in true A.net fashion
Link please, source also, and please not the link to
www.reuters@bs.com I already tried that.

e34m5

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:20 pm

The only thing scarier than the post is that some of you believe it. I hope none of you are pilots.

Geez.

delta762

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:53 pm

I am worried more that some of you believe this than I am actually flying with the "replacement" pilots.

Great post!

Delta762

georgiaame

Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:03 pm

And just a tad racist.

Actually, I half hope they do have strike breakers in place. The pilot's union is not coming off well in the public's perception. It will be a pleasure to see their actions squashed ASAP. The gall of a loud mouth group of less than 6000 trying to destroy the livelihoods of some 45,000 others!

You don't like what Delta is offering, quit.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero