NWOrientDC10
Topic Author

This Is Truly Inspiring

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 am

Hello everyone. I thought I'd pass along this news story. With all the bad news, negativity, and BS in the world, it's refreshing to read something positive (Mr. Winstons work ethic, not his death).

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...93209990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001

I have alot of respect for this fellow. Someone with a good work ethic is to be respected. Mr. Winston missed one day of work in 70+ years of employment. Wow! Mr. Winston left a very good example to be followed.

On a sad note, my condolences to his friends and family  Sad

Russell
Things aren't always as they seem

JeffSFO

RE: This Is Truly Inspiring

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:40 am

Coincidentally, NPR featured a piece on him a couple of weeks ago and I heard it while driving home from work:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5313522

It's sad news that he has since passed away but it seems that he lived a full and productive life.

-Jeff

aloges

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:38 am

Quoting NWOrientDC10 (Thread starter):
Mr. Winston left a very good example to be followed.

Well, his number of days off may be phenominal - but his carreer a good example? Hardly. He must have loved his job, and I'm glad there are (or in this case were, alas) people like him, but doing one job for more than seventy years is not automatically a good example.

Chapeau, Mr. Winston.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

boeingfanyyz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:05 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 2):
but doing one job for more than seventy years is not automatically a good example.

But doing one job for seventy years missing only ONE day of work and setting a good example for everyone else...I think he is a good example!

Overally, a truly un-believable story. He must have really loved his job, though!

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"