rolfen

Girls

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Are girls/women always a "bad trip"?
Everytime I really like a girl I end up dumped. A friend of mine told me that "girls are always a bad trip". Why?
rolf

UAalltheway

RE: Girls

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting Rolfen (Thread starter):
Why?

Because they have cooties.

boeingfanyyz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Why?

They were born!!!  wink 

But seriously, dont take it personally. Actually...never mind...

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

Chugach

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Are girls/women always a "bad trip"?
Everytime I really like a girl I end up dumped. A friend of mine told me that "girls are always a bad trip". Why?

You've gotta play the game, my friend. If you come on too strong, then they run for the hills. It's happened to me many times. Believe it or not, reverse psychology is a key skill to have. If they think that you aren't interested, then they think there is something wrong with themselves. Then they want to be with you because they want to prove you "wrong."

That's just the tip of the advice iceberg, but it's a fairly basic principle.
GO ROCKETS

L-188

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:19 pm

There have been several movies that have attempted to accurately show the female mindset when it comes to men, Misery, Throw Mama from the Train and Fatal Attraction probably being the most famous of the genre.

Best to stay away from them, they will ruin men.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

thomasphoto60

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 3):
You've gotta play the game, my friend. If you come on too strong, then they run for the hills. It's happened to me many times. Believe it or not, reverse psychology is a key skill to have. If they think that you aren't interested, then they think there is something wrong with themselves. Then they want to be with you because they want to prove you "wrong."

Bingo!

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

I can't, as flaky as they may be I love 'em too much and they are a lot of fun.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

rolfen

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Quoting UAalltheway (Reply 1):

I thought that I had catched some disease and now I'm passing it. First time I hear the name of that disease, though.

You've gotta play the game, my friend. If you come on too strong, then they run for the hills.

Well, now she ran for the hills and I'm lost in the fog of love.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

Let's go to Saudi Arabia then  Wink
rolf

2H4

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:52 pm

This has been posted before, but I think it's particularly relevent to this thread:

yes 

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

satx

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:55 pm

Don't sweat it; there's always another one around the corner. Just be yourself*, remain calm and relaxed but don't avoid spontaneity and don't worry about tomorrow too much. Just take things as they come and you'll eventually get the hang of it or at least build up a tougher skin. Also, be careful about shitting where you eat (hitting on girls you work with, for instance). Other than that, it's mainly just a numbers game. The more girls you meet the more likely you are to find one that's just right for you. Eventually one or both of you will change and she'll no longer be the right one, but fuck it, that's life.

* People often get confused with terms like "be yourself". Don't let the phrase fool you. Obviously you've 'been yourself' since day one, but that's not what it's really all about. It's really more about accepting yourself, accepting who you are and being completely at peace with it. I've had fairly handsome friends who almost couldn't score to save their lives and down right ugly friends who were strait up players. It's all in how you present yourself and it doesn't matter if you started as the world's loneliest boy so long as you eventually learned from your mistakes.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

airwave

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:56 pm

Nah, they're not all bad, but it's like Carlos Mencia was saying about smart people: for every smart action, there's an equal and opposite stupid one. It's quite similar with girls: for every decent/attractive/smart/whatever one, there's an equal and opposite one. You just gotta find the ones from the first list. So...good luck with that.  bigthumbsup 

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

rolfen

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:14 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 8):
Just be yourself*, remain calm and relaxed but don't avoid spontaneity and don't worry about tomorrow too much. Just take things as they come and you'll eventually get the hang of it or at least build up a tougher skin.

I used to be like that before I met her. Thanks, yeah, I should be myself again... but I so much want this girl, and I precisely dont want to build a skin, I dont want to loose the feeling.
On the good side I know have learned how to pull out. I can just call her and tell her that I'm madly in love with her, love her body, etc.. and do that again until she tells me black on while that she doesnt want to hear about me again. The next day I'll be cured and in my best mood. Happened before  Smile and will probably happen again.
rolf

Chugach

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):

It never fails to amaze me how a woman can get to a guy. I'm mired in a situation like that right now. It ain't fun. I might have to start my own thread so I don't hijack Rolfen's  Smile
GO ROCKETS

rolfen

Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 11):
I might have to start my own thread so I don't hijack Rolfen's

No problem

[Edited 2006-04-16 06:31:15]
rolf

jafa39

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:12 pm

"Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money"

Good Charlotte got it right first time!!

Best to stay away from girls...chase women instead!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

NeilYYZ

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:29 pm

No worries mate, I've been sent packing one, two, three, four, five, six... well, I lost count, anyways, it's been a lot. You just gotta keep pluggin' away (feel free to take that any way you like). Eventually you'll find one that won't leave you, but who knows, maybe you'll leave them... Life is just one big game, I've been told to go back 2 spaces more than once.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

AirPacific747

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:40 pm

tell me about it!!

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 8):
* People often get confused with terms like "be yourself". Don't let the phrase fool you. Obviously you've 'been yourself' since day one, but that's not what it's really all about. It's really more about accepting yourself, accepting who you are and being completely at peace with it.

That is sort of what you have to do. The guys who get the girls are the one who usually project that level of self-confidence, which can slowly get the woman more interested in who you are.

There is another devious side of girls that most will not tell you about. I know because I am married and most of my good friends are/have been girls. You have got to be good in the sack, thats it. A woman might tell you you were good or whatever, and never call you again. Or stay with you for a while until they get fed up with sub-par sex life. I used to never believe this, but girls like sex the same or more than guys.

If you really want to know the trade secrets, you guys let me know.

kiwiinoz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:56 pm

I tell them that I'm really into aircraft spotting and chatting with you folk in this forum

Drives them wild, give it a try

stlgph

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:13 pm

Yet another thread about the delicate male ego that blames "the troubled opposite sex" as the sole reasoning for the shattered ego.

Spare it!

Fortunately, AndesSMF did start to drive the nail into the hole by addressing the first two importants

1. Self confidence
2. Great sexual performance

Unfortunately he stopped there. I am sure he can attest to some other ideas.

Spiritual Appreciation - not necessarily tying into religion, but complimentary appreciation of attributes of the other -- i.e. hobbies, religion, commitment to career, commitment to family

Independence - be independent. stick to it.

Grow the Hell Up - she can have male friends. you can have female friends. every plan you make doesn't have to include them. don't call or text every 5 minutes. don't send stupid forwards via email every 5 minutes. if you have something to say, say it to their face. be presentable. clean up after yourself.

and most importantly...

Pull Your Head Out of Your Ass

Granted, these traits can't be accompolished overnight, but you sure as better the hell get started.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:19 pm

Well, well, well, Gav, you truly do impress at times.

But I was also referring to the sexual performance tips.

stlgph

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:28 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 19):
But I was also referring to the sexual performance tips.

There are no tips. Just one tip.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 16):
You have got to be good in the sack, thats it.

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:31 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 20):
There are no tips. Just one tip.

Right, but how do you become good in the sack??? How do you get yourself to last for an hour or more w/o a problem?

kiwiinoz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:34 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 21):
Right, but how do you become good in the sack??? How do you get yourself to last for an hour or more w/o a problem?

Haven't you seen the movie, "There's Something About Mary". You can't start with a loaded gun!!

Doona

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:35 pm

Quoting UAalltheway (Reply 1):

Very true. And women are born evil too. Rolfen, take my advice and go the other way, if you know what I mean...

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 22):
You can't start with a loaded gun!!

Wrong! Guess again.  Smile

kiwiinoz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 24):
Wrong! Guess again.

Wow-do you mean a different sort of problem??

OK I'll try and guess but you have to tell us in the end. Please see below my guesses:

1: Involuntary Rhinocerous Noises
2: Uncontrollable flatulence
3: Need to respond to thread on a-net-have to stop and attend to computer
4:Need a cigarette
5: Your Mum bursts in on you
6: The chocks of her trailer become dislodged and you roll into the lake

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 pm

Ok, here it goes. There is one thing that you do to get your woman in the mood, you RELAX her. This might take a massage, scratching of the back, sitting and watching TV for a while, etc. For a woman, foreplay can be an ALL DAY EVENT. A shoulder rub here and there, a small pat in the butt, a kiss to the back of the neck, etc. Once you are ready for the event, then the next step for the guy is...to relax, and I mean relax.

This is what happened to me years ago, I'll try to make the story short. I take a good looking girl on our first date. Had a great time. Went back to her place at 3:00 am. Chatting in her room, stuck between grandma on 1 side and family on the other. In my head, first date, late at night, people around, nothing will happen. I am just completely at ease. To this day I havent figured out what happened, but those clothes came out very quickly and before I knew it we were doing it. Lo and behold, my first orgasm came after an hour of action, the second one as well.

From that point forward, I came to do things differently. One: since I knew I could last a long time, the confidence level went way up. Two: you just need to relax, and sometimes you are not even aware of how tense you are. Three: making love to a woman is like making a good meal. The preparation can be lengthy, but the end result is delicious.

kiwiinoz

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:07 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 26):

Thanks Doctor Love!

andessmf

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:15 pm

You are welcome.

And dont forget, during the act, keep your hands busy, continuing the relaxion of your partner. Make your partners satisfaction paramount to yours, and they'll return the favor.

ZKSUJ

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:20 pm

It never fails to amaze me how a woman can get to a guy

Yeap, we've all experienced it one way or another.

nighthawk

Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:51 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 26):
Three: making love to a woman is like making a good meal.

so we should all just order takeaway instead? Big grin

2H4

Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:03 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 30):
so we should all just order takeaway instead?

Well, like the old flying club saying goes....

"If it flys, floats, or f****, it's cheaper to rent".

Wink

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

jap

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:24 am

hmm, have to say that men can be right as bad  Wink
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

andessmf

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:18 am

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 30):
so we should all just order takeaway instead?

The question is: do you perform like a fast food meal?  Wink

Or are you worth more than fast food...

copaair737

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:37 am

Believe it or not, reverse psychology is a key skill to have. If they think that you aren't interested, then they think there is something wrong with themselves. Then they want to be with you because they want to prove you "wrong."

Bingo

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 10):
... but I so much want this girl, and I precisely dont want to build a skin, I dont want to loose the feeling.

Don't get caught up in one woman so much. There are thousands of girls out there that you could pick up. So what, one got away, if you cut your losses, you can go out and find another woman who will take your mind off your recent loss.

Well, anyway, I'm not a big fan of relationships, so I just like the "friends with benefits" concept. I get what I want, they get what, we both go home happy.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

NWOrientDC10

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:41 am

Everytime I really like a girl I end up dumped.

Thereare alot of factors here; if you pursue "tens" all the time and use typical pick up lines, then you're just another guy to them (they can get any guy they want). If you can get a lady to laugh, that's a plus. It has to be spontaneous, otherwise you may end up making a fool of yourself. Acting uninterested works, also.

I'm mired in a situation like that right now.

I am as well; lagre quantities of wine is helping me, although I don't recommend this for everyone.

Good Day to All  Smile

Russell
Things aren't always as they seem

Rj111

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:56 am

If you approach girls with the mindset....

You're attractive enough for girls
They want you
They need to win you over
Girls find you irresistable

Then even if they don't at first they will soon enough.  Cool  Wink

Problem for some guys is they seek validation from females. And once girls feel like you're trying to win them over, they're massively put off.

rolfen

Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:59 am

Thanks for the advice, it is highly appreciated  Smile

Quoting Doona (Reply 23):
And women are born evil too. Rolfen, take my advice and go the other way, if you know what I mean...

Tried it, it wont work.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 28):
Make your partners satisfaction paramount to yours, and they'll return the favor.

Will keep that in mind... if I can.
rolf

nighthawk

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 33):
The question is: do you perform like a fast food meal?

subway foot long  Silly

stlgph

Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:32 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 21):

Lots of practice with people who are cheap, easy, and willing to let you practice on them....mainly because they are looking for practice, too.

This is why AOL became so successful, dear.

jafa39

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:12 am

Quoting RJ111 (Reply 36):
Problem for some guys is they seek validation from females. And once girls feel like you're trying to win them over, they're massively put off.

Very true my good man, the best way to attract women is to act like you're not interested....acting gay is even better but some men have issues with that!!

BMIFlyer

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:23 am

Yes there are a few bad apples out there, but trust me, not all women are bitches.  Wink

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Rj111

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 40):
Very true my good man, the best way to attract women is to act like you're not interested....acting gay is even better but some men have issues with that!!

Hmmm, i don't fully subscribe to that.....as such. The problem with that technique is that if you're going to have to act interested eventually, otherwise the whole thing is just not going to happen, or take an eternity. In fact it could be dangerous, she may think "ohh he's not interested, he must have a small knob and be too scared to get with girls". However, i would say that alternating interested/uninterested is a very effective technique.

A step further from the uninterested tactic, i propose the take it or leave it attitude. Which basically trasmits...

"Yes i may be interested and of course you want me that's a given. However, I could however easily go without - there are countless more women, so you're gonna have to work a little harder, as i'm not gonna run around after you."

It's a way of being able to come onto them, without seeming desperate, needy or that you're trying to win them over.

To potray this, i find gentle bullying works well, little harmless put downs.

Make sure you have a cheeky grin on your face though. Big grin

planespotting

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:59 am

I used to think that you only had to "play the game" with certain girls. Like, you could tell beforehand who they were and if you found a girl that "didn't play the game" then you didn't have to play it either.

I was wrong. Currently I am lusting after this girl who at first I thought had an "extreme" case of NOT playing the game. So I didn't play it either, and about a month after going out she didn't want to date anymore, but wanted to stay friends. bah.

By not playing the game i mean calling her whenever i felt like hanging out, not waiting a certain amount of time and all that other bullshit, telling her i liked her, etc..etc..etc..

So now, after our pseudo mutual split (i really put some good acting in to make it sound like i felt "the exact same way" as she did about the possibility of us having a serious relationship), I am way behind and slowly trying to make up for lost time.

This includes, being friendly, hanging out with her occasionaly (she calls me to hang out and sometimes I say NO!), and trying to mask my attraction to her as much as I can when I'm around her.

It has been over a month since the "event" happened, and I have just baaaaarely started flirting with her, and only on rare occasions.

But to me, the work is worth it. She is amazing...beautiful, intelligent, funny, personality, yada yada yada.

Just don't tell her I said that. I would lose for sure if that comes out! and I have put far to much effort into making myself seem like I am not interested in her like that to walk away with nothing.

argh.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

jafa39

Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:03 am

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 43):
Just don't tell her I said that. I

Phoning her as we speak!!  Smile