Marco
Topic Author

Is It Really Called "Kurdistan"?

Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:39 pm

Does Northern Iraq really belong to the Kurds? This is an interesting read for anyone who's into middle eastern politics, especially concerning the non-Arabs in the region. Calling northern Iraq "Kurdistan" is one of the biggest injustices of our time, and has been pushed forward by the western media due to ignorance - I'm hoping not that it's not intentional. Anyway here's the link

http://www.nineveh.com/Assyria%20or%20Kurdistan.html
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Bofredrik

RE: Is It Really Called "Kurdistan"?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:18 am

The Kurds have been very succesfull with media and everyone seems to listen to them, despite that many of the Kurds support terrorism in Turkey. And the answer to your question is NO!

L410Turbolet

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:31 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 1):
despite that many of the Kurds support terrorism in Turkey.

Well, if they support terrorism don't you think they should have your support, just like the Palestinians do...!?

pelican

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 1):
despite that many of the Kurds support terrorism in Turkey.

What is the intention of this quote?
I know this is a can of worms, but wasn't there recently a case were Turkish secret service agents organized a terror attack in East-Turkey? Therefore your comment is a little bid one-sided...

pelican

andessmf

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 2):

Well, if they support terrorism don't you think they should have your support, just like the Palestinians do...!?

I've been thinking about this for the last few days. How come the Kurds dont get the same treatment that the Palestinians get from Arab countries?