texan

Rep. Pete Sessions Accused Of Favors For Donations

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:01 pm

United States House of Representatives member Pete Sessions (R-TX 32) has been accused of a watchdog group of trading favors for donations, partially in connection with Jack Abramoff. The group is accusing him of misusing his office and abusing powers. Don't have an internet link at this time, but the story is on page 8A of The Dallas Morning News.

As someone who voted against Sessions in 2000 and has been keeping track of the contributions being funnelled to him and other local members of Congress, this does not come as a surprise and actually helps a cause. We've been pushing hard for the Charlie Thompson for Congress campaign here in the neighboring 5th District, and politically it brings firepower to the campaign.

In reality, I find it disheartening. Pete Sessions is a nice person who helps out around White Rock Lake as often as he can, which I really appreciate. I do not agree with a majority of his views, but it is disappointing to see him accused of being involved in this scandal.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

b757300

RE: Rep. Pete Sessions Accused Of Favors For Donations

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:29 pm

You do know that these so called "watch dog groups" (from both sides of the political aisle) make accusations against members of Congress all the time and rarely do they prove to be true.

As of right now, Sessions has never been mentioned by anyone involved in the Abramoff case. Most often named are Senators Harry Reid and Conrad Burns along three members of the House but none of those are Sessions.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."