AerospaceFan
Topic Author

Cheney Shows Off Super Power (Funny)

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 am

In the wake of President Bush's spectacular revelation that he, in fact, was the heretofore-unknown "Decider", Vice President Dick Cheney wasted no time in proving his own, personal super power. Seizing upon the rare opportunity afforded by the visit of China's President, Hu Jintao, Mr. Cheney demonstrated his amazing ability to see through his own eyelids as he studiously examined his own notes -- with his eyes closed!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=1871301&content=&page=1

Scientists are baffled by Mr. Cheney's astounding abilities but caution that, unless otherwise proven, lead and possibly krytonite may still prove opaque to our Vice President.

[Edited 2006-04-23 01:08:07]
What's fair is fair.

diamond

RE: Cheney Shows Off Super Power (Funny)

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:54 am

They both appear to be sleeping to me!

Blank.

deltagator

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:57 am

I think we've all nodded off in a meeting or two now and then. Of course, we don't meet with the President of China either. Perhaps a meeting in search of an agenda and they decided to catch some shut-eye. Doesn't look very good since China doesn't trust us anyways.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

AerospaceFan
Topic Author

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:58 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):

Oy! The secret is out!

...(The Secretary of State has X-ray vision, as well!)

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 2):
Doesn't look very good since China doesn't trust us anyways.

First the protest, and now this. Man, Hu gets attention when he doesn't want it, and none when he does.

Big grin

[Edited 2006-04-23 01:00:22]
What's fair is fair.

Birdwatching

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:33 am

lol

All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

ZakHH

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:48 am

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 4):

What is Dubya doing there? Testing if chinese clothes are really of such poor quality as everyone says?

In soccer, this would be a yellow card foul.
Luckily, neither Americans nor Chinese can play soccer... Big grin
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:53 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):

So they were sleeping together?  Big grin

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

bushpilot

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:08 am

It all makes sense to me now, Cheney can see through his eyeballs, which explains the accuracy of his shotgun skills in Texas, the blinding Texas sunset be damned, he can spot a lawyer and take action with the best of them.
Dubyaman with his powers of twisted logic,door navigation skills and the secret elixir of Saudi Oil, Condi-gal the power of persuasion, infinate patience and the goddess of Foggybottom.
Along with the great ancient master ninja Rumsfeld. Is this what they meand by DC Comics?
http://img210.echo.cx/img210/2986/a5hc.jpg

deltagator

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:17 am

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 5):
What is Dubya doing there?

Hu was fixing to go down the wrong steps is what a caption I read said. Though I like your idea about clothing quality.

Bushpilot, I may not agree with very often but that is a great set of pics of a true kung-fu master. Very funny!
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

diamond

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:59 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 8):
Hu was fixing to go down the wrong steps is what a caption I read said.

True. But the Chinese delgation and Hu himself regarded the 'tug' as a protocal violation and a personal insult.
Blank.

Falcon84

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:52 am

ROTFL

I guess lying is so ingrained in Cheney, it comes automatically, no matter what the situation.

And in the photo of Hu and Bush, Hu looks like he wants to get as far away from George as he can.  rotfl 
Work Right, Fly Hard

deltagator

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:01 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 9):
True. But the Chinese delgation and Hu himself regarded the 'tug' as a protocal violation and a personal insult.

Screw him then. Let his ass fall on international TV. When our turf do as we do. When we visit China we'll do the same. I could never work in the State Department. Protocol is sometimes retarded. This is one of those times.

AerospaceFan
Topic Author

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:40 pm

This last diplomatic visit has been a comedy of errors on the part of the Bush Administration.

President Bush isn't really all that subtle, come to think of it, when it comes to diplomacy; the tug on the suitcoat drew a reaction from me when I saw it on television, even more than some of his other moves, such a fairly brusque earlier motion (as I recall) to guide the Chinese President previous to the suitcoat incident, and a soft back-slapping of the Chinese President afterward. Neither was particularly appropriate.

If you recall, this is the same President who reached over to grab his Secret Service protector last year when the two became separated.

All in all, he's not big on protocol.
What's fair is fair.

Falcon84

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 12):
President Bush isn't really all that subtle, come to think of it, when it comes to diplomacy

Really? I hadn't noticed......
Work Right, Fly Hard

andz

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 7):
Cheney can see through his eyeballs

LOL don't we all?
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

bravo45

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:38 am

When Bush made his speech saying "US and China are two nations divided by a vast ocean", I knew Jon Stewart will pick on that.
 rotfl  rotfl  rotfl