dc10s4ever

The Official Impeach George W Bush Thread!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:52 am

George Bush will go down as the worst president this country has ever elected. He lied about the reason to go to war in Iraq. Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation. Record deficit spending. Setting the country back decades with his overly conservative views. (leave the Bible out of the White House!)..CIA leaks and the list goes on.
George Bush, his entire cabinet as well as his oil cronies all deserve to be thrown out into the street.....

IMPEACH BUSH NOW!

Cadet985

RE: The Official Impeach George W Bush Thread!

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 am

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Thread starter):

thumbsup   thumbsup 

In addition to the things you mentioned, don't forget about his doing nothing to try to slow the pace of outsourcing of American jobs.

Marc

dc10s4ever

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 1):
In addition to the things you mentioned, don't forget about his doing nothing to try to slow the pace of outsourcing of American jobs.

You got it, and give all those businesses HUGE TAX CUTS for eliminting American jobs!

Cadet985

Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:59 am

Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation

Talking about oil, one of my friends today was saying that Bush should do something about the oil prices, and I replied, "Why would he want to to anything about oil prices? Look at where his family fortune is from."

yanksn4

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:00 am

He lied about the reason to go to war in Iraq.

Never proven. 9/11 committee investigated the claims, found nothing. Simply, he was told the wrong info from the CIA, British and Italian intelligence services.

Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation

Ok, how is that his fault? He dosn't control how high oil and other commodities will go. High price is just a consequence of the free market. Live with it.

Setting the country back decades with his overly conservative views. (leave the Bible out of the White House!

Hey, the American people knew he was conservative when they voted for him twice. Besides that, it's the man's right to believe in a god or not. Just because you're president dosn't mean you have to give up faith and do the things you feel are correct. Ironically though, I feel Bush is anything but conservative.

Record deficit spending

I'll agree with you here. Too much pork crap for bridges and shit to nowhere. However, we are in a time of war and you can't cut back spending when you're fighting.

shitsurei shimasu,
Matthew

[Edited 2006-04-23 01:02:21]
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

dc10s4ever

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:04 am

Quoting Yanksn4 (Reply 4):
Never proven. 9/11 investigated the claims, found nothing. Simply, he was told the wrong info from the CIA, British and Italian intelligence services.

Oh BS if you believe that I have some beautiful oceanfront property in Kansas for you.

Ok, how is that his fault? He dosn't control how high oil and other commodities will go. High price is just a consequence of the free market. Live with it.

No he may not have direct control, but he does have control over political tensions which is adding close to $15.00 to the cost of a barrel of oil.

Personally I do believe, it may be 20-30 years afer he leaves office, but one day it will come out that Bush and his entire regime were nothing but a bunch of corrupt liars out to line their own pockets at the expense of American tax payers.

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:04 am

His idealism has gotten in the way of our pragmatic needs. He's absolutely unbending...even in the face of various national crises. His rigid philosophy prevents him from seeing his beloved country go down the tubes.

Yes...it's time to empty the septic tank.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

bushpilot

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:34 am

Simply, he was told the wrong info from the CIA, British and Italian intelligence services.

I dont think this is the case, I think he chose to believe the wrong information

That being said, I agree there is only a few things I would rather see than Bush at impeachment hearings, but as it is right now, there isnt anything to impeach him on for breaking the law. Unfortunatly there is no provision for removing a man from elected office for being inept, unconcerned, unmotivated and out of touch with reality. He must break the law. Now again going back to the Clinton BJ thread, Clinton was impeached because he committed perjury, now whether one thinks the circumstances of the questioning is another topic, but it is not a crime for Bush to lie every time he says something, it is a crime when he lies under oath.
A few questions...are we better off with Cheney not only running the show as he does now, but also wielding that much power? I think Cheney being the "evil genius" he is, we are better off with Bush.
I being a mid twenties aged guy, and interested in politics, didnt live through the turmoil of the 60s-70s where a time when my parents lost faith in the government. Before March 2003 I had this faith in the leaders of the country, on both sides of the aisle. My views of that has changed completely mostly on the account of the man living at 1600 Penn. I dont trust the leaders, I wont be fooled again by them.

YeahitsK

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:36 am

Let's play some Pitch...

SFOMEX

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:46 am

redflag   redflag   redflag 

Nothing President Bush has done is an impeachable offense. Nothing!

Stop daydreaming and start working your ass out so you could get the president you want in 2008.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

dc10s4ever

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:53 am

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 9):
Nothing President Bush has done is an impeachable offense. Nothing

He's doing a lousy job of running this country. He is lying to the American public on a daily basis.

If I performed like him at my job I would be fired!

ZakHH

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:53 am

All true except for...

... this country has ever elected.

stirthepot 
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

KevinL1011

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:54 am

Impeach George W Bush Thread!

If all of you who are so "Unhappy with the President" ever got off your collective asses and used your vast knowledge of Politics's to promote political change in your own City, County, Township or State, we wouldn't have this problem. Apathy is killing this country, not the President. Unless you can do better or ARE doing something in your community to promote change, STFU.
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

PSA727

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:02 am

Sign me up !!!

Because I can't wait for the Presidency of Dick Cheney !!!!

People who think that Bush is the worst president in American
history need to pick up a history book...and not one of those
piece of s**t history books given to high school kids.

Out-sourcing of jobs ??? Give me a f**king break !
Like Clinton and NAFTA had nothing to do with that?

High oil prices ??? Didn't Clinton and the EPA under Clinton kind of
relax the fuel efficiency standards for vehicles in the 90s ?
More cars produced at Ford and GM means more happy union workers.

And China ??? Nobody loved China better than Wal-Mart and their
buddy Bill.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:06 am

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

bushpilot

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:15 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 13):

Yeah blame Clinton for NAFTA, are you going to blame him for the current Iraq debacle as well. Just because the bill was signed under Clinton, keep in mind that it was Bush 41 and Reagan who got NAFTA rolling.

cfalk

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:29 am

He lied about the reason to go to war in Iraq.

Guilty of wishful thinking, maybe. But remember the well-documented conversation between Bush and CIA Director Tenet.

Bush: "George, how certain are you that Saddam actually has those WMD's?"

Tenet: "Mr. President, It's a slam dunk."

Tell me, when the guy in charge of intel tells you that, and you hear the same thing from British, Russian, and Egyptian intelligence, are you going to tell me that you would still have doubts? He was certain in his convictions that WMDs were there. He was wrong, but he did not lie.

Record high oil and engergy prices will soon translate into rapid inflation.

Bush has no influence on oil prices. All he could do is impose restrictions on how much oil America consumes, such as increasing CAFE standards, which, by the way Bush did do in 2004 for the first time in a decade. Clinton did not do crap for fuel efficiency standards.

Record deficit spending.

Wrong. You are spinning. While in absolute dollar terms the deficit is at its highest, you don't take inflation into account. In terms of percentage of GDP (the only proper measurment), deficits have been much worse many times in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

But I will agree that he has not done enough to reduce spending.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2007/pdf/hist.pdf

Setting the country back decades with his overly conservative views.

Specifically, what? Has his own views affected you in any way?

CIA leaks and the list goes on.

Were there never leaks before Bush?

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 1):

Should he also throw out the foreign companies that employ nearly 10 million people in the US, most of them well-paid?

Quoting Dc10s4ever (Reply 5):
Oh BS if you believe that I have some beautiful oceanfront property in Kansas for you.

Can you provide ANY evidence that your opinion is based on fact, and is not simply an opinion that came from your rear end?
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

PSA727

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 15):
Just because the bill was signed under Clinton, keep in mind that it was Bush 41 and Reagan who got NAFTA rolling.

Yeah, I forgot that Clinton was always signing bills he disagreed with.
It never would have happed without Clinton's support...PERIOD !

Do you not agree that NAFTA is responsible for the outsourcing of
jobs? As soon as NAFTA passed into law, many US manufacturers
closed their US production plants and re-opened them in places
like Tijuana and Hermosillo...my brother's and cousin's included.

But, yeah, I can see how GWB is to blame for that.

Confuscius

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:45 am

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...eahitsK/bushpleasegiveablowjob.jpg

WTF? That's worse than torture...above and beyond the call of duty!
Ain't I a stinker?

aircraft

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:58 am

I am highly offended by this thread. I recommend deletion.

KFLLCFII

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:58 am

Quoting YeahitsK (Reply 8):

Get him a blow job. So what? He still has to lie under oath proclaiming said sexual relations never happened before it becomes impeachable  Wink
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

texan

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:25 am

I've been anti-Bush since before he was elected governor here. I would love to see him kicked out of office. But we do not have any proof. Without any proof, this discussion is pretty useless. I've looked around for evidence, and all I have are suspicions and beliefs, still no proof. To do that we would need access to his records, access that we will not now nor likely ever receive. If you really want to effect change, start campaigning for people who are against corruption, work hard to get them elected, or run yourself. Be out there at every meeting, every event in your area, talk to people, enlist their help, start local, and grow grow grow.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Cadet57

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:36 am

Quoting Aircraft (Reply 19):

Oh please... grow up  sarcastic  whyd you even post or read if you are so "offended"?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

KevinL1011

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 22):
Oh please... grow up whyd you even post or read if you are

Wink

Aircraft, I guess you'll have to continue using Mr. Winkie for those who don't get it.

Cadet57

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 23):
Aircraft, I guess you'll have to continue using Mr. Winkie for those who don't get it.

Guess so. Becuase if its supposed be a joke. It sucks.

But back to the topic. I cant wait for Castleisland to chime in on this one..

ltbewr

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 am

I am a 'card carrying' Democrat. While Democrats have had there share of rouges and stinkers as President, I agree that Bush could be among the worst Presidents since 1900. He lacks any real ability to be a good leader for a variety of reasons, well noted in a number of the above posts. Look at the boo-boos and embarasing beheavors of him with the President of the PRC the other day. Maybe I just don't trust a politican who doesn't drink  biggrin  .
To me, Bush is a figurehead for the Republician Party, with the real power in Chenny, the Neo-cons as to International policy, the religious right and most of all, big business leaders and contributors. To make things worse, Rove and others around him are extremely good at dividing and distracting Americans using red meat issues like 'gay marriage' to distract from real issues like the war in Iraq, the war on terror, sound tax policies and so on.
One example of how he lacks in leadership and his confidence in it is how he has NEVER vetoed any bill from Congress. Maybe if he used the veto power once in a while, he could show some leadership and backbone.
To me, one result of his term in office will be as after Watergate in the mid-1970's and how the Congress passed laws to take some power back to the Congress.

searpqx

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:55 am

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):

Well said Texan. I'm as opposed to what I see this administration doing to the country as anyone, but the simple fact remains, there is no proof that Bush has done anything that is impeachable. I think if he were required to testify under oath, that might change, but as it stands now, he's maneuvered very well to avoid putting himself in that position. So instead of throwing out the tired cliches and beating your chest, if you really oppose the man, get out and do everything in your power to ensure his party doesn't make any gains this November, and that his chosen successor is defeated in 2008.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

KevinL1011

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:03 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 24):

C'mon....it's OK. Stop supressing your light hearted Polish half. Have a little fun.  Smile

F**k it dude..let's go bowlin'

ANCFlyer

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:04 am

George Bush will go down as the worst president this country has ever elected.

Not fact, simply opinion . . .

He lied about the reason to go to war in Iraq

Bullshit - prove that, and I'll stand next to you at the protest for his removal.

And the rest of the nonsense . . .

Ahhh, refreshing - et another Bash Bush thread on A-Net . . . imagine that  sarcastic 

Better have your agent call me then, cause none of it's proven . . .

No he may not have direct control, but he does have control over political tensions which is adding close to $15.00 to the cost of a barrel of oil.

An d the SUV driving Soccer Moms and the $400million retiring oil execs have added another $40. . . . so you're off base again . . . or should I say "still".

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 12):
If all of you who are so "Unhappy with the President" ever got off your collective asses and used your vast knowledge of Politics's to promote political change in your own City, County, Township or State, we wouldn't have this problem.

Ahhh, finally, someone with a modicum of common sense.

Tell me DC10s4ever - did you vote? Did you participate in all your local, state and federal elections?

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 13):
Out-sourcing of jobs ??? Give me a f**king break !

Bingo - more words of wisdom . . .

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):
I've been anti-Bush since before he was elected governor here. I would love to see him kicked out of office. But we do not have any proof. Without any proof, this discussion is pretty useless.

I'm not anti-Bush, but Txas speaks volumes here . . . when there's proof, have at it. I'll stand next to everyone here that ever bashed PotUS - and scream louder than the rest of you for impeachment . . . until then, it's just the same old bullshit . . . usually from the same old people - but DC10s4ever is a new addition to the Bash Bush family . . . welcome to the Hallowed Halls . . . perpare for rebuke . . .

Gotta love it . . . first thread I see is this one . . . too bad I took out all my real frustrations with a Remington 870 this morning  biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Cadet57

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 27):
Stop supressing your light hearted Polish half.

Its hard when you're in a pissed off mood  Wink

Quoting Kevinl1011 (Reply 27):
Have a little fun.

Sadly, I cant. Espically now, cuz i dont get the joke, lol.

But im trying. Im listenin to George Carlin on iTunes right now...

QANTASforever

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:16 am

Hey, the American people knew he was conservative when they voted for him twice.

Once.  Wink

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 am

Isaw the bumper sticker again this week: "When Clinton lied, nobody died."

Of course, plenty of people died at former President Bill Clinton's behest in U.S. operations in Bosnia, Serbia and Kosovo, in defense of the "no-fly zone" in Iraq and in retaliation for attacks on U.S. embassies in Africa, but the sticker's owner wants us to pass over all those deaths.

Instead, we should recall that when Clinton lied under oath about boinking Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office, she (and he) lived through the experience.

The contrast is with President Bush, who lied about Saddam seeking uranium in Africa, lied about Saddam's efforts to produce weapons of mass destruction and tried falsely to convince people there was a link between Saddam and terrorism, thus creating enormous havoc.

Problem is, more and more evidence is emerging that (dare I say it?) Bush didn't lie about any of those things.

(I leave aside the issue of "Bush said Saddam was behind 9/11" - he instead openly denied it, and a lie by your political enemies doesn't become true because they repeat it endlessly.)

# Uranium in Africa: John Leo, writing for realclearpolitics.com, and Christopher Hitchens, writing on Slate.com, both noted this month, "Bush was right about Iraq's quest for uranium."

The Iraqi representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency, Wissam al-Zahawie, paid an official visit to Niger, whose sole export of any value was uranium ore, in 1999 on a trade mission. Iraq had previously purchased uranium there in 1981, and the intelligence services of Italy, France and Britain informed Washington about the 1999 visit. That tip-off was not related at all to a crude forgery of an agreement purportedly signed by al-Zahawie for a purchase.

Thus, Ambassador Joseph Wilson famous claim that his brief visit to Niger disproved any uranium purchase was disingenuous. His report was seen at the CIA as upholding the claim that Saddam had an interest in purchasing uranium, as an editorial in The Washington Post noted on Sunday. That actual interest, not any theoretical purchase, was all Bush claimed. Bush 1, Critics 0.

# WMD plans: Gen. Anthony Zinni, who now is cited as an opponent of the idea Saddam was a WMD threat, said this in 2002 in testimony to Congress: "Iraq remains the most significant near-term threat to U.S. interests in the Arabian Gulf region."

He added, "Iraq probably is continuing clandestine nuclear research, (and) retains stocks of chemical and biological munitions . . . Even if Baghdad reversed its course and surrendered all WMD capabilities, it retains scientific, technical, and industrial infrastructure to replace agents and munitions within weeks or months."

Zinni was right the first time, according to James Lacey, a national security specialist writing in the April 10 issue of National Review:

"The evidence found by the ISG (the International Survey Group, set up by the Bush administration after the 2003 invasion and cited as verifying Iraq's lack of WMD programs and weapons) confirms that Saddam was preparing to rapidly reconstitute his WMD program the moment he broke out of sanctions, which - given the frayed state of the coalition against him - would inevitably have happened."

Lacey lists Saddam's extensive efforts to, in the dictator's own words after Desert Storm, "preserve the nation's scientific brain trust essential for WMD," and then concludes, "Not only did Bush not 'lie,' the critics themselves are guilty of selectively citing evidence and of ignoring facts inconvenient to their argument." Bush 2, Critics 0.

# Saddam supported terror: New translations of documents captured in Iraq are disclosing repeated contacts by representatives of Saddam's government with agents of Osama bin Laden.

And, as Stephen F. Hayes reports in "Camp Saddam" in the April 3 issue of The Weekly Standard, "Beginning in 1994, the Fedayeen Saddam opened its own paramilitary training camps for volunteers, graduating more than 7,200 'good men racing full with courage and enthusiasm' in the first year. Beginning in 1998, these camps began hosting 'Arab volunteers from Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, the Gulf, and Syria.' "

After the invasion, Hayes reports, the 2nd Battalion, 23rd Marines found a 10-acre camp 10 miles outside of Baghdad. In an interview with an embedded reporter from Stars & Stripes, Capt. Aaron Robertson said: "We believe this is a training camp where Iraqis trained forces for the Palestine Liberation Front. This is what we would refer to as a sensitive site. This is clearly a terrorist training camp, the type Iraq claimed did not exist."

The camps operated right up until the coalition invasion, Hayes reports. No direct ties to 9/11 have so far been unearthed - and the emphasis is on "so far" - but the contention that Saddam had "no links to terror" is false.

Bush 3, Critics 0.

thepilot

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:25 am

shitsurei shimasu,

Don't be sorry (yes, I speak Japanese)

Agree 100%. If Clinton can get impeached, Bush can. Which would you rather have, I president who likes sex or an imcompetent idiot such as Bush? We need someone with balls that is willing to call the president on his faults. Come to our rescue, Jon Stewart!
From YVR

ANCFlyer

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:26 am

Holy Shit, PWM - don't throw facts these Bush Bashers. . . they only understand inuendo and rumor and supposition . . . displaying facts will surely send several of them into Cardiac Arrest . . .

Edit: Typos

[Edited 2006-04-23 04:55:25]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

dl021

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:31 am

Yeah.....is there anything you can prove? Other than opinion, speculation and selective memory is there anything solid that you can make stick on a charge?

President Bush hasn't lied to us about anything, although to listen to some people here you'd assume he has....he's led this economy back to prosperity, although to listen to many here he's sunk us.....he's led our defence so well the people that attacked us haven't been able to repeat the attack despite their stated desire, although some here feel he's weakened us by taking the fight to the enemy (which he said he'd do and Congress approved)....

and there are now two developing democracies where before there were dictatorship and theocracy......although some here feel that the people in those nations are incapable of development at all.....
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

DC10GUY

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:32 am

Do you think GWB & crew cares if he/they are impeached ? Gas is at 3 bucks a gallon, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 33):

Yeah I know, what was I thinking? The temptation was too good though. After a while the frustration ends with these people and it starts to become tremendous entertainment watching them become more and more desperate and nirrational and militant as they realize they are insignificant. The truth hurts, but unfortunatly for the libs, they won't have to feel the pain because they won't ever being able to accept it.
Flame away, I've had a bad day and I could use the laughs.

Oh yeah, guess what kiddies? Iran is next! Better get a head start on your No-War with Iran protest posters. Also, I have ties to people with classified information... They have informed me that President Bush is lying when he talks about possible military action against Iran to prevent them from developing Nukes. This is just a cover story. The real reason we will be 'invading' Iran is so that Bush can build a Macdonald's on every street corner as well as an Exon/Mobile to sell the cheap gas that we went to war with Iraq to steal.... Although come to think of it, it's been three years and I don't think a single tanker of oil has been 'stolen' and imported to the U.S.

[Edited 2006-04-23 04:39:50]

[Edited 2006-04-23 04:49:17]

[Edited 2006-04-23 04:53:49]

KevinL1011

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting Dc10guy (Reply 35):
Gas is at 3 bucks a gallon, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!

Impeach OPEC, not Bush.

DeltaMD11

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:36 am

Although I am far from being a supporter of President Bush and this administration, there are no Constitutional grounds for him to be impeached upon. As far as I am aware he has not committed treason, has taken an overt bribe, and/or committed a high crime or misdemeanor.

If you're displeased with the way things are being ran the best thing that you can do is get up off of your rear end and get out there and support the people whom you think will turn things around. You don't have to wait until 2008 to do this-midterm elections are only months away and we can win back Congress if we work hard enough and get people to get off of their apathetic asses and vote. This will be a good year for the democratic party, America is finally starting to wake up and realize how the Republican controlled Congress and White House are tearing this country apart.
Too often we ... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

PSA727

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:38 am

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 31):
Isaw the bumper sticker again this week: "When Clinton lied, nobody died."

I love that one !!!

My counter bumper sticker would read:

When Clinton lied, he used up all of his political capital, so that when
we were offered OBL by the Sudanese, he passed on the idea, believing
the U.S. did not have the right to seize him and did not want to make
any waves in the international arena. Oh...and don't forget the half-ass
attempt at air strikes against the training camps in Afghanistan...
"We were a couple of minutes too late to get him."

Oh well, as long as he still felt our pain, that's what is important.

aircraft

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:04 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 22):
Oh please... grow up whyd you even post or read if you are so "offended"?

You are a saguaro cactus that got zapped by an alien spaceship!

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 24):

Ha ha, you're offended now, too.

Nordair

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Tell it to your psychiatrist.
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:06 pm

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 31):
"When Clinton lied, nobody died."

Ok, I'll come to a compromise. For a minute lets assume President Bush really did lie. When Clinton lied he was under oath. When Bush 'lied" he did it after Saddam ignored 17 U.N resolutions. Illegal war? You may not agree with it, but I think not. Afterall, we're suppose to be an International community of member nations. These nations gave Saddam 13 years and 17 chances to comply and he didn't. Therefore, the U.S. took the lead in the next step of pre-emptive actions after Saddam had 16 too many last chances. Under all of these resolutions it was outlined that Iraq would face force if they did not comply with the U.N. They didn't, and then the U.N. wanted to hesitate a bit longer so the U.S. took the lead as we always have had to do since the U.N. came into existence years and years ago.
Impeachable offense, sorry NOPE!

[Edited 2006-04-23 05:08:29]

[Edited 2006-04-23 05:09:20]

Nordair

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:08 pm

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 9):
start working your ass

Curious choice of words.
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:14 pm

One more thing for those who still insist Iraq was never involved with supporting of terrorist activities. Try a Google search of Salmon-Pak if you need more info.

Question:

What warning, if any, did the CIA receive from the National Reconnaissance Office concerning Arabs training on the fuselage of a passenger airliner at a terrorist training camp prior to September 11th, 2001?

Answer:

After Sabah Khalifa Khodada Alami, an Iraqi military officer, defected from Iraq in 1999 to Turkey. He now lives in Fort Worth, Texas. When he was debriefed, he described his training mission at Salman Pak, a military base about 21 miles from Baghdad that had been used for the testing of secret weapons, including chemical biological warfare agents, and paramilitary training for covert actions. Captain Sabah Khalifa Khodada Alami said that as late as 1998 he trained an elite commando team, Fedayeen Saddam, in airline hijacking and sabotage. Through a translator, Mr. Alami described, according to the Wall street Journal, a daily regimen of exercises on kidnapping, assassination, and -- using a Boeing 707 parked inside the complex -- how to hijack a plane or bus without weapons. He said that a separate group of non-Iraqis were being similarly trained by Saddam's intelligence service, the mukhabarat. Asked about the plane by an interviewer for Front Line, he said "Yes, there's a real whole 707 plane, a whole real plane, standing in the middle of the training area in this camp."

Subsequently, a second Iraqi defector, a former intelligence officer who defected in early 2001 , described "Islamicists" training on a Boeing 707 parked in Salman Pak from about 1995 to as recently as September 2000. Neither defector said any efforts were made to hide or conceal the Boeing from satellite photography. And, according to Front Line, a former U.N. inspector who worked for the United Nations said that he saw the fuselage of an airliner at Salman Pak which was smaller than a Boeing. Whatever manufacture and size , there is agreement such a plane was in the Salman Pak complex.

During this period, the base at Salman Pak was under surveillance of US KH-11 reconnaissance satellites which were providing intelligence on Iraq's possible weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological warfare equipment, to the CIA. The information about Salman Pak was also used publically by UNSCOM, the UN agency charged with monitoring Iraq's disposal of such weapons. Since Salman Pak was systematically photographed, if the defectors' accounts are accurate, the Boeing 707 would also have been routinely photographed between 1995 and 2000 many times. Given that Salman Pak was not an air base, a Boeing 707 on the ground there would have stood out like a sore thumb. It is also possible that the Arabs training on it were recognizable (unless training was only at night or they wore masks). After September 11th, a private US satellite photo company, Space Imaging, went through its archives and found a photo that included a plane parked in the Salman Pak compound.

The National Reconnaissance Office collates, analyzes and distributes the intelligence gleaned from satellite imagery in Iraq. If it had pictures of an airliner, Boeing or whatever kind, permanently stationed inside the Salmon Pak complex, it is reasonable to assume that they would not have withheld them from the CIA. If so, the CIA had photographic evidence confirming defectors claims that Iraq was practicing, if not preparing, covert actions against a Boeing prior to September 11th.

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:42 pm

George Bush will go down as the worst president this country has ever elected.

That's debatable... Off the top of my head I question if he was any worse then Jimmy Carter? Although, Bush isn't popular now, I think in time history will be on his side. And what about Dick Chenney? As I always say, "I'd rather go hunting with Cheeney than riding with Ted Kennedy"

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:44 pm

Did ya ever notice that the bad presidents all said "nucular?" Damned malfunctioning brains.

Mark

L-188

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 46):
Damned malfunctioning brains

Kennedy couldn't pronounce "Chowder"
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

PSA727

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 45):
Off the top of my head I question if he was any worse then Jimmy Carter?

Exactly !!!

People forget that the term "Rust Belt" came about during his term.

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:09 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 47):
Kennedy couldn't pronounce "Chowder"

That was an accent. Knowingly mispronouncing a word is a malfunctioning brain.

Mark