Topic Author

Get Real, Or The Low Quality Of Representatives

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:37 pm

As I peruse the headlines, I am constantly amazed by the low quality of some of the national representatives who grace our federal institutions.

As one reads the third-to-last paragraph of the following news story, perhaps one should question exactly what grade of moron supposedly believes, accepts, and swallows, hook, line and sinker, the "attack the accuser" modality of excuse proffered by the staffers of United States Representative Cynthia McKinney, who apparently believe that it is best to follow the tradition of FDR and RMN when their mistress's britches are exposed.

After, if the the "Fala" speech continues to evoke chitters of respect from admirers of FDR, and if the "Checkers" speech rescues, in minor part, the reputation of RMN, then isn't the "you aren't supposed to use my statements against me" approach perfectly appropriate for those trained in the "defense counsel" method of politics?

Sometimes I wish that politicians would place honor over the tactics of their idea of Perry Mason. But perhaps that is something in which one cannot indulge, in the age of O.J. Simpson.

[Edited 2006-04-25 16:53:06]
What's fair is fair.