|Quoting AirxLiban (Thread starter):|
1. Where can I find a proper high-res map of Dubai on the internet?
2. Is there some reason why proper pricing information doesn't exist on the internet for any cars and where can I get such information, particularly on leasing?
3. Are there any good websites where I can look for apartments?
4. Is there property tax in Dubai?
1) I have looked for one in the past and have never found one.
is who my associates in DXB
deal with although I'm sure there are many, many places to get a car. It is worth noting that a hidden price structure exists in Dubai where GCC nationals get one price, other Arabs a different price, guest workers another price and westerners another price. This is now mainly limited to retailers outside malls and what not.
3) In my experience it is best to be on the ground and deal with people in person for this kind of thing especially in Dubai. There are a lot of opportunists out there look to stuff you from your money.
4) The UAE is trying to push property as it's next big thing. This has resulted in a complex series of real estate protocols. Freehold properties, long term leases and so on. Each has a it's own regulations. IF
at all possible get your employer to supply you housing. I say this because there is no regulation in rents in Dubai, and last year rents went through the roof. This will take its toll on you as it has on countless others.
As for Dubai, try and enjoy it for what it is and don't get too involved in other people's business!