dragon-wings

Ricky Williams Suspended By The NFL Again

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:40 am

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was suspended for the 2006 season by the NFL on Tuesday for violating the league's substance abuse policy for the fourth time.

He needs help.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5540036

[Edited 2006-04-26 01:41:38]
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

bushpilot

RE: Ricky Williams Suspended By The NFL Again

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 am

What a waste of a potentially great career! It appears this time it wasnt marijuana in his system but something else. Now the fact the NFL has a drug policy, it should be followed, but not allowing marijuana as it is not a physically enhancing drug like Bonds prefers is not the greatest policy, but it is the policy none the less. He is a privleged man, and thousands would jump at the chance for his job. I think it is time he disappear and let someone else who is willing to follow the rules to get the chance.

KROC

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:56 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 1):
Now the fact the NFL has a drug policy, it should be followed, but not allowing marijuana as it is not a physically enhancing drug like Bonds prefers is not the greatest policy, but it is the policy none the less.

Its still against the law, and it still sets a horrible image for kids to look up to. This guy needs to just go away, along with Baroid.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:59 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 2):

Its still against the law, and it still sets a horrible image for kids to look up to. This guy needs to just go away, along with Baroid.

No doubt. What a terrible example as a man and as a football player. They should just give him the boot and forget that he was ever a player in the sport, the same goes for Barry Bonds, both should just dissapear into oblivion.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

deltagator

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 1):
What a waste of a potentially great career!

All I can think of is Mr. Mackey on South Park say "drugs are bad."

I suppose we need to go draft a damn running back now this weekend. He'll get cut from the Fish after this latest screwup. I say good riddance this time.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:12 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 4):

I suppose we need to go draft a damn running back now this weekend. He'll get cut from the Fish after this latest screwup. I say good riddance this time.

Try and get Reggie Bush from the Texans, it'll cost you a pretty penny though.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

deltagator

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:43 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 5):
Try and get Reggie Bush from the Texans, it'll cost you a pretty penny though.

I would rather have Lendale White as he seems built to withstand hits more than Bush. I don't think we'll trade up for either of them though. I wonder how far the South Carolina RB will drop.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

copaair737

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:51 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):
I would rather have Lendale White as he seems built to withstand hits more than Bush. I don't think we'll trade up for either of them though.

LenDale will probably be there at 17. His stock has dropped alot. Ronnie Brown and LenDale White in the backfield would be nuts. You guys should also go get a WR too. If going for a WR in the first round, I'd say either Santonio Holmes or Sinorice Moss. Chad Jackson will be gone by then. Going after Winston in the 2nd round would be good too.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

deltagator

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:40 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 7):
LenDale will probably be there at 17. His stock has dropped alot.

If so we should take him. USA Today had an article saying he had gotten a little chubby over the past couple of months. i think he'd be a great deal at 17. A receiver would be nice. I just hope we have a QB to throw to them. Still undecided about Culpepper.

AirCop

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:32 am

Help Wanted:
Running Back..Nice Salary..Miami, FL, Tax advantages i.e. no state income taxes; no educational degree required. some college work experience helpful. Must be able to pass a drug test. Contact Nick Saban at Help a Fish Swim.

CO7e7

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Thread starter):
Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was suspended for the 2006 season by the NFL

What a dumb asssss  banghead 

Quoting Dragon-wings (Thread starter):
He needs help.

I honestly think he's a hopeless case!

GO L.T

ltbewr

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:45 pm

It is obscene how drug use can ruin your judgement and life. It can make you throw away everything good including your employment for that damm junk.
I hope they Dolphins can seize his assets for the money they are owed (about $4-5 million).

CO7e7

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:55 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 11):
I hope they Dolphins can seize his assets

Do you think they'll drop him ??
He's gonna be of NO use in the 06 season.