Sabena332
Topic Author

Survey: ESP/DSC In Your Car - On Or Off?

Thu May 04, 2006 9:04 am

When you drive your car, do you switch the Electronic Stability Program in your car on or off (or is it always on or off)?

As for me, it saved my car and probably also my ass twice (or maybe even more) but I have it off mostly, especially when there is no "unpleasant" weather. It is much more fun driving without ESP.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great feature but some cars need to get driven without it (as I again noticed today).  Wink

Your choice, ESP or not?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Newark777

Thu May 04, 2006 9:08 am

Don't really know what you are talking about, so if my Cabrio has it, it's always on, and if it doesn't, it's always off.

Even if it was always on, though, I have a few friends who are mechanics and would be able to get rid of it.  Wink

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

KFLLCFII

Thu May 04, 2006 9:09 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Thread starter):
Your choice, ESP or not?

Considering I first thought the title of this thread implied the ability to communicate with your car telepathically, I'm going to have to say off...always...
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

Sabena332
Topic Author

Thu May 04, 2006 9:13 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 1):
Don't really know what you are talking about

Damn, has it another name in the USA (in English)? Actually I don't believe since the "ESP" abbreviation works also in English.

I mean that traction control which every car has nowadays.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aerobalance

Thu May 04, 2006 9:17 am

I turn off DTC and DSC only on roads that I know I have plenty of runoff room and in conditions that I feel secure in - which is rarely.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

Newark777

Thu May 04, 2006 9:18 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 3):

I mean that traction control which every car has nowadays.

Ah, gotcha. In that case I'm pretty sure it is just always on, running in the background, since I know an error message can come up on my dash when it stops working.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Sabena332
Topic Author

Thu May 04, 2006 9:23 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 3):
traction control

That was a bad translation, I should have better called it:

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 4):
DSC

BMW is also calling it DSC, I always refer to it as ESP since it is the original name of it.

Patrick

aircraft

RE: Survey: ESP In Your Car - On Or Off?

Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 am

Quoting KFLLCFII (Reply 2):
Considering I first thought the title of this thread implied the ability to communicate with your car telepathically, I'm going to have to say off...always...

I'm going to have to agree with you.

I too, was misled into thinking there was some sort of psychic connection between person and automobile implied within this thread. Upon realizing otherwise, I became so angry I had to get up and punch a hole in the wall. Way to bring down the party, Sabena. Gosh.  Yeah sure

My ride came with ESP. Not that it needs it though. Besides, I only use it to pick up hot women.

Sabena332
Topic Author

RE: Survey: ESP/DSC In Your Car - On Or Off?

Thu May 04, 2006 9:34 am

Quoting Aircraft (Reply 7):
Besides, I only use it to pick up hot women.

I need a car but first a licence!

Signed,

GKirk

bill142

RE: Survey: ESP/DSC In Your Car - On Or Off?

Thu May 04, 2006 5:11 pm

Not offered on my car. Built in 2005, and the versions sold in europe have it. Not happy holden will have to upgrade to the turbo version if I want ESP.