Falcon84
Topic Author

NBA: Spurs, Cavs Look To Close Out First Round

Sat May 06, 2006 9:05 am

The defending champ San Antonio Spurs look to close out pesky Sacramento tonight, and move on to play the Mavs. The Cavs look to do the same against the Wizards in D.C. in a few minutes.

I think the Spurs will do so tonight, and the Cavs-Wiz will be another barn-burner featuring the James-Arenas highlight show.

And tomorrow (I think), the Suns try to come back from 3-1 and take the Lakers. Part of me would LOVE to see a Lakers-Clippers matchup in round 2, but I hate Kobe, and have neer like the Lakers. Gotta lean to PHX.
Work Right, Fly Hard

HOMER71

RE: NBA: Spurs, Cavs Look To Close Out First Round

Sat May 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Wow, what a game...congrats to the Cavs (nice clutch free throws there, Arenas  Yeah sure ), good luck against the Pistons.

You called it, Falcon, my Spurs finished the Kings, next up, the Mavs.
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sat May 06, 2006 10:10 pm

Cavs won, but Gilbert Arenas hit one of the greatest shots I've ever seen to send the game to OT. It was a 30 footer at least-not a desperation heave, mind you, but a regular jump shot, and it hit nothing but net. I even kind of cheered on that one, it was such a great shot.

I think reality sets in against the Pistons, although I think they'll be more competitive than people might think.
Work Right, Fly Hard

AirCop

Sun May 07, 2006 12:13 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
Cavs won, but Gilbert Arenas hit one of the greatest shots I've ever seen to send the game to OT. It was a 30 footer at least-not a desperation heave, mind you, but a regular jump shot, and it hit nothing but net

Was eating dinner at Outback after watching United 93 and there was TV's all around the place. I thought the game was over when Washington had the seven point lead, but what an ending. I just looked up at the screen with Arenas let go of the ball...What a difference in emotions between the two events.

satx

Sun May 07, 2006 3:04 am

Cavs-Wizards was great game (and series), bar none. I'll be interesting to see what the Cavs can do against Detroit.

I think the 'Texas showdown' could easily go either way, but if I had to say who looks best I think it's the Mavs at the moment.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...