BradWray
Topic Author

Advice On How To Deliver Flowers To My Ex Please:(

Sun May 07, 2006 9:14 am

It has been around one year since I split up with my ex girlfreind and I cannot get over her and we havent realy seen each other since we split up and seeing as tho we live 30 seconds walk away from each other I am quite suprised about that.

I am wanting to send her some flowers for her birthday which will be her first since we split and hoping to impress her I am wondering if I should deliver them by hand to her door or get Interflora to deliver them with a written card and a nice message.

Many thanks in davance for your advice.

Bradley!
Hamilton: English for 'Alonso's bitch' :D

DLKAPA

RE: Advice On How To Deliver Flowers To My Ex Please:(

Sun May 07, 2006 9:16 am

Quoting BradWray (Thread starter):

duck tape bound with a nice wrinkled aluminum foil wrapping...and make sure the flowers have started to wilt.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

photopilot

Sun May 07, 2006 9:19 am

Instead of using the traditional flower shop "Baby's Breath" greenery intermixed with the flowers, might I suggest Poison Ivy leaves.

Wilted flowers are definately called for, as are some creative spider webs sticking to the flowers. Just dust around your attic with the flowers till a suitable supply of webs are stuck all over the flowers.

I think she'll get the desired message.

luv2fly

Sun May 07, 2006 9:20 am

It has been a year and you have not seen her or spoken, move on, she has and save your pounds.
You can cut the irony with a knife

aircraft

Sun May 07, 2006 9:26 am

Take a dump on her front doorstep. I would suggest ringing the doorbell before you start, as apposed to after you're done. But that's entirely up to you.

itsjustme

RE: Advice On How To Deliver Flowers To My Ex Plea

Sun May 07, 2006 9:27 am

Instead of sending her flowers, why not take them to her yourself? All it will take is a few dollars (pounds?) and a 30 second walk. You'll not only be sure she receives them but, depending on her reaction, you might get an indication if there's any chance of reconciling. If she throws them at you.....probably not much of a chance.

BradWray
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 9:27 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 3):
It has been a year and you have not seen her or spoken, move on, she has and save your pounds.

We would text each other every month asking how each other was and how work was going but we have never got round to asking each other to go for a drink or to the cinema ect.

I understand where you are coming from but I wanna see what happens with the flowers then just TRY to get over her.

I feel she is the greatest person in the world and evan tho we havent got a relationship I love her to bits.

Please keep posting, Thanks. Bradley!

mham001

Sun May 07, 2006 9:33 am

Its no accident you haven't seen her even though she lives within a 30 second walk. If she wanted to see you, she would.
Showing up at her doorstep with flowers in hand will make you look like a fool. You already has confidence issues, you don't need any more. Move on. Send her a text if you want, why not just text her your questions?

itsjustme

Sun May 07, 2006 9:36 am

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 7):
Showing up at her doorstep with flowers in hand will make you look like a fool.

Nah, I disagree. Gotta take the bull by the horns. Communicating via txt, email, smoke signals, etc... is lame. Take the flowers to her, tell her how you feel and find out once and for all if it's over. If it is...then move on (and ask for the flowers back).

AsstChiefMark

Sun May 07, 2006 9:42 am

Grow perenials between your properties.

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

jap

Sun May 07, 2006 9:44 am

she'll most likely perceive it as stalking... personally, I'd get a bit pissed if my ex whom I broke up with 1 1/2 year ago sent me flowers, and I'd bet you anything she'll feel the same way.

My advice on how to send her flowers? Don't. If anything, it'll only push you further away from her.
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

Nordair

Sun May 07, 2006 10:12 am

Bradley, how can I be diplomatic about this?

1. She doesn't want you anymore.

2. Are you some sort of sucker for punishment and rejection?

3. It's fine to still care about her on some bittersweet level, but it is still dominating you! Let it go.

4. Have you considered counselling to find out why you think so badly of yourself that you pursue some dream that won't come true, and even if it did it would not be what you thought it was?

5. Where is your dignity?

6. She has probably been with several other guys since you broke up and not once did she think of you while doing the narsty.

7. Love is often blind, but does it have to be ridiculous as well?

8. How many girls have been interested in you but you've ignored because of your obsession for some silly git who lives near you yet SHE has managed to AVOID seeing you since you broke up?

9. Take the lolly you would have spent on flowers and give it to a reputable charity. They will appreciate it far more than she ever will.

10. Take Jap's advice. She pretty much summed it up in it's entirety.
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

deltagator

Sun May 07, 2006 10:15 am

Black orchids are always a nice touch for an ex. Move on with your life. She has.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

rolfen

Sun May 07, 2006 10:20 am

Quoting BradWray (Thread starter):
Advice On How To Deliver Flowers To My Ex Please Sad

With a bomb inside.

You can find pages on google on how to make homemade bombs.
If need more help I can ask some friends here in beirut to assist you in booby-trapping the flowers.

good luck  Smile
rolf

BradWray
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 am

When she recives the flowers (whatever way it would be) if she dosent feel one bit touched then wouldnt she be more so the fool?

Thanks, Bradley!

CO7e7

Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 3):

I agree.....

however, if you insist on doing this, i think you should man up and deliver em yourself.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Zaki

bristolflyer

Sun May 07, 2006 10:37 am

Have you had any other girlfriends beside this one? According to your profile you're fairly young, and quite often first love is the hardest to get over. It's time to move on, don't bother with the flowers.

BF
Fortune favours the brave

BradWray
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 16):
Have you had any other girlfriends beside this one? According to your profile you're fairly young, and quite often first love is the hardest to get over. It's time to move on, don't bother with the flowers.

I have had plenty of girlfreinds but none like her and out of every woman in the world, I wouldnt chose them over her. When I was with her my life seemed perfect and she seemed perfect!

CO7e7

Sun May 07, 2006 10:42 am

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 16):
quite often first love is the hardest to get over

I agree !!! That's why a 2nd love would be helpful  Wink

BradWray
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 18):
I agree !!! That's why a 2nd love would be helpful

I dont think I could go out with anyone other than her. Everything was perfect about her and by getting another girlfreind would seem like using a 1D then using a IXUS, It just wouldnt seem right thats why I would do everything possable to get her back!

Thanks, Bradley!

CO7e7

Sun May 07, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting BradWray (Reply 19):
I dont think I could go out with anyone other than her

Bradley ma man, i am by no means a "Dr. Phil." However, from a previous experience i can tell you that moving on is very hard especially if you really still have strong feelings for the girl.
But at the same time, you should not "give up on moving on" and finding another nice girl.

After my "first love" and i broke up, i was 18. I was very depressed and for the longest time i didn't think i was ready to move on. I thought she was the ONLY one for me... but here i am 5 years later... smooth sailing in a 3 year old relationship.

Good Luck again.. and if you wanna chat, feel free to IM me.

Zaki

prosa

Sun May 07, 2006 11:02 am

Quoting Aircraft (Reply 4):
Take a dump on her front doorstep. I would suggest ringing the doorbell before you start, as apposed to after you're done. But that's entirely up to you.

Actually, do it in a paper bag, set the bag on fire, and then ring the door bell. Her natural instinct will be to stomp out the fire  fluffy 
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

Nordair

Sun May 07, 2006 11:05 am

Quoting BradWray (Reply 14):
When she recives the flowers (whatever way it would be) if she dosent feel one bit touched then wouldnt she be more so the fool?

If that will help you sleep better tonight, then by all means believe that. However, since she is the one who holds the power over you, she really cannot be considered the fool, now can she?
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

tercer

Sun May 07, 2006 11:13 am

Quoting Nordair (Reply 11):
Bradley, how can I be diplomatic about this?
1. She doesn't want you anymore.
2. Are you some sort of sucker for punishment and rejection?
3. It's fine to still care about her on some bittersweet level, but it is still dominating you! Let it go.
4. Have you considered counselling to find out why you think so badly of yourself that you pursue some dream that won't come true, and even if it did it would not be what you thought it was?
5. Where is your dignity?
6. She has probably been with several other guys since you broke up and not once did she think of you while doing the narsty.
7. Love is often blind, but does it have to be ridiculous as well?
How many girls have been interested in you but you've ignored because of your obsession for some silly git who lives near you yet SHE has managed to AVOID seeing you since you broke up?
9. Take the lolly you would have spent on flowers and give it to a reputable charity. They will appreciate it far more than she ever will.
10. Take Jap's advice. She pretty much summed it up in it's entirety.

Very well put!
Dude, instead of blowing your cash on a girl that is most likely on her knees doing the same to her NEW boyfriend while you write your cheesy card (not to mention the possibility of getting your ass kicked by her current boyfriend) use your money to get back out there.

If she hasn't made an attempt to contact you after 360 days then you might want to take a hint and move on. Come on, you cant throw a rock and not hit a good looking women, they are everywhere. Use your cash for a one month at a dating site as a confidence builder (you never know it might work).

But when you start talking to girls again DO not I MEAN DO NOT, sulk and talk about your ex from one year ago!!!!, do not bring flowers and a nice card on your dates, do not let her decide were to go, do not be a wimpy, snot nose that kisses her ass, look her in the eye with confidence when you talk and do not, DO not sulk and talk about your EX! You can be a nice but unconfident guy, making 300K a year that drive a Mercedes but if you bring Mr. Wimpy to the table you might as well have stayed at home becasue a women would rather have poor but self assured, confident, proud ditch digger any day. Dating is not that hard, in fact it is easy once you get past that fear of rejection..
It's politically sensitive, but it's going to happen.

joffie

Sun May 07, 2006 11:26 am

Why dont people understand?

You have broken up, the relationship is over and it is time to find someone new.

When you have broken up, dont bother with this person. I am sure if she wanted flowers, you would still be in a relationship with her.

trav110

Sun May 07, 2006 12:09 pm

Don't do it. Move on. If you keep a "she's the only girl for me" mindset, you'll never find anyone again, ever.

Like others have said, if she hasn't contacted you in this long... face the fact. She doesn't want you back. You'd be wasting the money, time, and effort.

It's over bud.

jap

Sun May 07, 2006 1:28 pm

For god's sake, you're starting to sound more selfish for every post!!!

Quoting BradWray (Reply 14):

NO! YOU are the fool for doing this! She hasn't contacted you for a year, face it: SHE DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU. Sending those flowers is a selfish act and she'll most likely throw them out anyway. so YOU are the fool here, buddy.

She has moved on with her life and she has a right to! She doesn't want you anymore and considers the relationship over and in the past! WHY won't you let her feel this way?

You need help. If she was "the one" for you, she wouldn't have left you and then not contacted you for a year! A true love would never hurt you that way! You deserve better than that!

I repeat:

sending her flowers = stalking in her eyes.

She WILL feel uncomfortable about suddenly receiving flowers from an ex that she hasn't spoken to for a year! Why would you do that to her if you love her?
If she has a boyfriend, he won't like it either. "tough", you might say- but that'll hurt her even more.

For god's sake, get some dignity and leave the girl alone!

andessmf

Sun May 07, 2006 1:42 pm

Bradway, if you want opinions and suggestions on women, listen to women, and Jap is giving you good advice. Listen to it before she sends you a 'special' package on the mail.

Plus, how old are you? You have your whole life ahead to meet new people and decide what you like more in a woman. Might take a while for you to find what you like. You are still becoming an adult and what you want now is probably not what you are going to like in 5 years.

Give up and move on.

Signed, happily married a.net father.

L-188

Sun May 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Damm, I must not be thinking straight.

First time I read the title, I thought he was asking how to de-flower his ex.

10 years ago I came home to the sound of the girl I was nuts over, doing the nasty two rooms down with the new guy in the company.

Walked around for a week looking like my best friend had died, and then I sought a true companion and got a dog.......still have the dog.

There are other fish in the seam man. Don't waste time on one that rejected you.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

airlinelover

Sun May 07, 2006 2:11 pm

This has been said in greather lengths already, but here is my advice.

DON'T

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

fxramper

Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 pm

Save yourself another heart ache and don't take her flowers!  Sad

DLKAPA

Sun May 07, 2006 3:53 pm

Quoting Tercer (Reply 23):

The man speaks truth! Sulking and trying to get pity points will sure get you pity, but you ain't scorin.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

AirframeAS

Sun May 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Jap is correct is reply #10. Trust me man, don't do it. You gotta get past your ex. its borderline stalking if you get her flowers or anything. Its not worth your time. Move on, man. You CAN do better than her! More power to you when you move on to newer things and leaving her behind. It shows maturity in YOUR part.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

srbmod

Sun May 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Leave a snowglobe on her doorstep.

Signed,

FLAIRPORT

vinniewinnie

Sun May 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Got a pic in order for us to assess if she is really worth it?  Wink

More seriously don't bother! Think carefully about what you want to achieve with this? Get her back? If it has been a year I doubt that she will ever get back with you...

BradWray
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 am

Yea here she is....
Big version: Width: 100 Height: 96 File size: 28kb

Thanks, Bradley!

comorin

Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 am

Bradley:

The love hormones rampaging at your age render you helpless and incapable of rational thought. It is very important you listen carefully to Jap, Nordair and others and not get into an obsessive crash dive. The emotion you are going through is ultimately destructive and quite unnecessary. Don't lose your confidence because of this situation, otherwise it will affect your ability to find and keep your future true love.

It is very difficult to forget someone when you are living next door to that person. If you can't get over her, you may have to move out - sometimes it's the only cure.

Question: What reason did she give you for breaking up?

bristolflyer

Mon May 08, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 20):
smooth sailing in a 3 year old relationship.

3 year old? Geez, that's pretty young. Only in America I guess  wink 

Quoting BradWray (Reply 36):
Yea here she is....

Dude, get over her! She really would think you're stalking her if she knew you were posting pics of her on the 'net.

Move on - there are many, many other women out there (and don't get saying 'yeah, but none like her' - cos there are).

BF
Fortune favours the brave

Nordair

Mon May 08, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting BradWray (Reply 36):
Yea here she is....

And how many hundreds of these photos do you have all over your walls lit by candles?

Bradley, you REALLY need to kick her to the curb.

BradWray
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting Nordair (Reply 39):
And how many hundreds of these photos do you have all over your walls lit by candles?

I am not obsessed with her I just still have feeling for her and they arent feelings that I have for any other girl.
It is not as if I sit and weap ever night before I climb in bed or sit outside her house spying on her I just want to try again!

Thanks, Bradley!

vinniewinnie

Mon May 08, 2006 3:09 am

Quoting VinnieWinnie (Reply 35):
Got a pic in order for us to assess if she is really worth it?

Hey mate I was joking! Not sure she would really like to see her own pic on a geeky website!

Honest she's cute! Though not in the position to talk about her personality obviously! If you really loved her must be quit difficult to get over her! Though you should remember that you were just not meant to be with eachother! Focus on her negative sides remember the reasons why she split up with you and even slag her off that will definately help you to forget about her!

Jamie757

Mon May 08, 2006 3:51 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 41):
Dude, next time go for someone whose eyes look in the same direction.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Big version: Width: 269 Height: 264 File size: 12kb

Bradley, you'll look like a prize turd if you try to send flowers, just get over her and move on, plenty more fish in the sea!

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

Leezyjet

Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 am

If you really must send her something, just send her a birthday card and leave it at that.

And don't put "love from" or "x's" inside either.

Just simply :-

To wonky eyes (sorry don't know her real name !!)  Wink

Happy Birthday

From

Brad.

That way if she is still the slightest bit interested, then she will know that you are still thinking about her, if she isn't then at least you haven't made a tw@t of yourself or wasted a sh!t load of money on flowers.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

AirframeAS

Mon May 08, 2006 4:20 am

Oooooooo!!!!!!! Posting pics of her on the 'net without knowing about it: not a very smart idea, dude! Makes your case look worse. You're obsessed and you cannot see that. Just do YOURSELF a favor and find someone else to be with. You'll thank yourself for this later on and you'll be much, much, much happier!

On a side note: Jap turns me on! I'd date her but I'm sure she has a guy already! Hehe
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Nordair

Mon May 08, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting BradWray (Reply 39):
I am not obsessed with her I just still have feeling for her and they arent feelings that I have for any other girl.
It is not as if I sit and weap ever night before I climb in bed or sit outside her house spying on her I just want to try again!

Okay, so you posted on this site wanting to know what people thought. People who can be far more objective about this than you ever will.

The majority have given you the thumbs down on the flowers idea and expressed concern over your mental stability where this girl is concerned. Yet, at every step of the way, you seem compelled to torpedo everything we say to you in an attempt to justify what and why you feel as you do.

What on earth was the point of you beginning this thread if your sole purpose was to counter everything we have said to try and help you??? Perhaps by convincing us of certain things, you are trying to convince yourself. Who knows....I don't, you certainly don't, and I don't think anyone else does either.

You are one of those people who ask others for their opinions hoping that they will only agree with you. Not only are you obsessed and love sick, but you are a delusional Cretin with little respect for any of us who have given you sound advice.

I for one wash my hands of you. And if everyone else is finding you as boring and pathetic then hopefully they will dispense with you as well.

Send her flowers or don't send her flowers. Regardless, the bottom line will be the same. She still won't want you and you can continue to pine for her until you are placed in your grave. I hope in the end she was worth it.

Jamie757

Mon May 08, 2006 5:10 am

"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

yvrtoyyz

Mon May 08, 2006 5:56 am

This thread reminds me of FLAIRPORT's infamous thread:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/748916

Quoting VinnieWinnie (Reply 34):
Got a pic in order for us to assess if she is really worth it?

Quoting VinnieWinnie (Reply 40):
Hey mate I was joking! Not sure she would really like to see her own pic on a geeky website!

Honest she's cute!

She actually looks more like a tranny to me.

-YVRtoYYZ

christeljs

Mon May 08, 2006 6:01 am

She obviously don't want to talk to you or be seen. I don't think you should send her flowers. Why did you break up in the first place. When you meet the "one", you know it. You certainly wouldn't break up with the "one".

Move on.
Christel A Photography

rolfen

Mon May 08, 2006 6:03 am

Bradwray

-For how long have you been separated?

-Did she give any hint that she was interested in staying a friend to you?

-Have you had sex with other girls and were they pretty?
rolf

jap

Mon May 08, 2006 6:46 am

You mention that you just want to give it another go...

Let me tell you something; If she was just REMOTELY interested in giving it another go, you'd still be in contact... she'd at least have TALKED to you... that's the way girls are... well, most girls anyway  Wink

Has she even sent you a card? Called you? No?

Then, she's NOT INTERESTED- trust me, she'd rather want you to leave her alone! WHY won't you? You're doing this out of SELFISH reasons... you want another go, YOU can't stop thinking of her, YOU can't see yourself with other girls, YOU have feelings for her-

Well, guess what... she doesn't feel the same thing about you. So face it: she won't give it another go, she stopped thinking of you LONG ago, she has probably already found somene else and is happy with him... who are you to ruin that? Because you know what? Flowers/cards/etc from an ex that she hasn't spoken to for a while WILL get her new boyfriend thinking. She cares about this guy... and thus, you'll just make her sad.

LEAVE IT, for christ's sake. How can I get it into your head?