qr332

The Murder Of Atwar Bahjat (Iraqi Journalist)

Tue May 09, 2006 6:00 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2168496,00.html

EVEN by the stupefying standards of Iraq’s unspeakable violence, the murder of Atwar Bahjat, one of the country’s top television journalists, was an act of exceptional cruelty.

Nobody but her killers knew just how much she had suffered until a film showing her death on February 22 at the hands of two musclebound men in military uniforms emerged last week. Her family’s worst fears of what might have happened have been far exceeded by the reality.

One of the most disturbing news articles I have ever read... and it goes to prove exactly what my point is about terrorism in general.

Pointing the finger at Muslims and saying it is part of their religion to kill is unfair. Look at this very sad example: a religious Muslim woman murdered in cold blood because these people did not like her opinion. This just goes to show that these people have no real allegience to God or religion - they are just out to get whoever disagrees with them and their ideology.

Your thoughts?
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Door5Right

RE: The Murder Of Atwar Bahjat (Iraqi Journalist)

Tue May 09, 2006 6:29 am

I read the article A horrid, horrid death. The men who di it are just vile scumbags who should be exterminated.
My soul is in the sky...

raffik

Tue May 09, 2006 9:11 am

I just watched the channel 4 documentary that detailed her murder- really tragic and evil. Apparently they didn't know whether to kid nap her or to murder her. Apparently, they decided that they didn't need her and killed the poor woman. Her co-worker said that when they found her body, she had a look of fear on her face. There was also a major shooting at her funeral too.

Very sad.
- Alec

bravo45

Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 am

Quoting QR332 (Thread starter):
Your thoughts?

If only it could be expressed......

AeroWesty

Tue May 09, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting QR332 (Thread starter):
One of the most disturbing news articles I have ever read... and it goes to prove exactly what my point is about terrorism in general.

I think this says more:

Roadblocks prevented her from entering the city and her anxiety was obvious to everyone who saw her final report. Night was falling and tensions were high.

Two men drove up in a pick-up truck, asking for her. She appealed to a small crowd that had gathered around her crew but nobody was willing to help her.
International Homo of Mystery