deltagator

Dateline NBC "Pervert Parade" Moves To Florida

Wed May 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Dateline NBC is now taking the traveling pervert roadshow to my home state of Florida. God knows we have enough weirdos down here that we don't need to expose more of them but it's all for a good cause so let the parade begin.

I believe tonight's show has the Cookie Monster and the Naked Man making appearances. I think the guy who brings his 5 year old son to the party is on as well. Let's lock them up and throw them in the general population. They'll last a day at the most. There really are some sick SOBs out there and I just don't ever remember my childhood being so fraught with crazy stuff like this one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12713291/

http://www.perverted-justice.com/
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

IAH777

RE: Dateline NBC "Pervert Parade" Moves To Florida

Wed May 10, 2006 10:59 pm

NBC is sitting on a gold mine with this. That story is quality entertainment!  checkmark 

NIKV69

Wed May 10, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 1):
NBC is sitting on a gold mine with this. That story is quality entertainment!

Oh hell yea, pedophiles being caught in the act for the whole world to see, it's to great to see that moment on their face when they know their life has just gone down the shitter.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

IAH777

Wed May 10, 2006 11:11 pm

There's an upcoming criminal court case here in Houston where a sheriff's deputy shot and seriously injured a kiddie-fiddler that ran from him. It will be interesting to see how sympathetic the jury is to the plight of that piece of dung. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deputy walk with a week's probation, if he's found guilty at all...

deltagator

Wed May 10, 2006 11:12 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 2):
it's to great to see that moment on their face when they know their life has just gone down the shitter.

I think that is why I watch. I have a sick fascination in seeing these guys lose it all right there in one minute. That and I always laugh at how cool they think they are in the chat and then seeing the reality of them being some pervert hillbilly.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Bicoastal

Thu May 11, 2006 12:12 am

NBC should move this to its Entertainment Division. This reality show beats American Idol hands down. And they're doing all of us a favor by exposing these weirdos. Cut their %#*& off!
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

deltagator

Thu May 11, 2006 12:19 am

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 5):
NBC should move this to its Entertainment Division.

I can see it now..."Queer Eye for the Young Guy"

AeroWesty

Thu May 11, 2006 12:34 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):

Since nearly all of the pervs they catch are going after young girls, why would you think that? They drive up in Mini Coopers?  Wink
International Homo of Mystery

deltagator

Thu May 11, 2006 12:43 am

True. I just haven't come up with a working title for the ones where they want to hook up with the girls.

chrisjake

Thu May 11, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Thread starter):
I just don't ever remember my childhood being so fraught with crazy stuff like this one.

ya know, i've thought about this ever since these segments started airing. i think i've come to a conclusion. the internet.

i can remember being 10 y/o or so, going outside to play with friends and not getting home again until dinner. mom/dad never worried about my safe being, and the fun always ended with me, faintly hearing my mom yelling out my name to come home for dinner. great times those were.

it has all changed for the worse. no longer can parents let their kids out of their site.....for MINUTES!

now....we have the internet, where people (and monsters!) can hide out and be anyone they want to be. they can confront children in chat rooms 1st to gain trust....instead of risking doing it in person like one would have had to "back in the day". kids are now exposed to ANYTHING they want to be exposed to on the internet, and this doesnt have to include chats. they can go to any sicko website to get info on anything.

now...i'm all for the internet. its a great tool! but it also hides some SERIOUS evils and i believe that it has brought out the worst in some people.

just my .02

chris

S12PPL

Thu May 11, 2006 2:07 am

I came accross the show last week while channel surfing. I like the principle of the show, simply because it exposes morons. The one that I loved was the guy last week who they busted for coming to have sex with a 14 year old girl I think it was, and he was all set to go to jail in 4 days for commiting the SAME CRIME! He had plead guilty to the charge on the previous one. And he's 4 days from prison...and he commits the SAME crime. He also claimed to be a good Christian, too.

Then there was the meat packer(no pun intended...real job), who they started reading back his conversations to him he thought he was having with like 13 year old girl...Then when they bust him he starts threatening to kill himself. Tries to stab himself in the neck with the pen when he was signing his statement...

But the part that I thoght was best, was when they were all told they were going in to jail for booking, and they would be charged with these crimes. All but one or two started pleading to be let go. "I'll never do it again!" The only way I feel sorry for them, is that they realized their life was over. They are going to have the label slapped on them of "Sexual Predator" for the rest of their lives. As horrible as their crime was, I still feel bad for them, only because of how they must feel.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

deltagator

Thu May 11, 2006 2:19 am

Quoting Chrisjake (Reply 9):
i think i've come to a conclusion. the internet.

Sad but true. Blame a little bit on TV and a lot of bit on parental guidance and not giving a kid a butt whooping now and then to keep them in line.

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 10):
The one that I loved was the guy last week who they busted for coming to have sex with a 14 year old girl I think it was, and he was all set to go to jail in 4 days for commiting the SAME CRIME!

I lost it and couldn't stop laughing when he asked to be released on his own recognizance so he could go home and get his affairs in order.

AirCop

Thu May 11, 2006 4:15 am

What would be nice if in the next six months-year NBC goes back and tells us what the final disposition in court was.

Pope

Thu May 11, 2006 4:37 am

Anyone who lives in Florida should check out the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's (FDLE) website.

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_.../neighborhood/proximity_search.asp

This allows you to enter an address and get a mapped summary of all convicted sex offenders within a user specified radius. I think you'll be surprised what you find. These sickos are all around.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

deltagator

Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 am

I've checked it out many times though I need to look again. I'm always thinking I'm going to find someone on there I went to high school with many a moon ago. Given the general weirdness factor everpresent in Florida I'm surprised I haven't found a pervert in my old class yet.

senorcarnival

Thu May 11, 2006 5:14 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 13):

You can do that for just about every state. Just Google "'blank' sex offenders," substituting 'blank' for the state of your choice.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

ltbewr

Thu May 11, 2006 5:19 am

Don't forget that May is one of the 3 per year television advertising 'sweeps months' (November and February are the others) so that is why you are getting such attention getting programs like this.
So long as the police authorities follow the law and don't practice illegal entrapment, then going after those whom seek sex with minors in this way is fair game. We should also require the employers of these scum know of their criminal backgrounds and behaviors in these crimes and be allowed to fire them if they have contact with minors. We also need to educate kids in school and their parents as to the way these people approach the kids and how to reduce that risk. Maybe some of the parents of the victims need to be investigated, fined if guilty of complancy in thier children's beheavor and subject them all to required education about the risks of the net.

MaverickM11

Thu May 11, 2006 6:40 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):

Ugh...half of my friends would be on TV Silly.
E pur si muove -Galileo

AirframeAS

Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 5):
This reality show beats American Idol hands down. And they're doing all of us a favor by exposing these weirdos. Cut their %#*& off!

No one said it better than THIS!!! Kudos for NBC in helping fighting this stupid crime. America's Most Wanted is trying to catch up to NBC's level on this topic. AMW just started their version of it last weekend.

I hope the Florida sting nabs some women since I have not seen ONE woman caught yet...... I guess in a way, women are smarter than the rest of us.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu May 11, 2006 7:50 am

Good. The more states the better! Get these freaks off our streets, and into the prisons where Bubba will be waiting.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

AirCop

Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 18):
I hope the Florida sting nabs some women since I have not seen ONE woman caught yet...... I guess in a way, women are smarter than the rest of us.

Women are smart enough not to pick up teenagers from the internet, they just use their girlfriend's daughter, boys in the classroom etc

IAH777

Thu May 11, 2006 8:49 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 7):
Since nearly all of the pervs they catch are going after young girls...

Not so. It seems to be segregated by age. Older men seem to enjoy the company of boys, while the late-teen/early-20s set go for girls. Another recurring theme is that men who are hunting for young boys aren't gay. Or, at least, say they're not.

senorcarnival

Thu May 11, 2006 8:53 am

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 21):
Another recurring theme is that men who are hunting for young boys aren't gay. Or, at least, say they're not.

Hmmm...then they're probably only looking for someone to mow their lawn.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

IAH777

Thu May 11, 2006 9:11 am

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 22):
Hmmm...then they're probably only looking for someone to mow their lawn.

I was suspicious of that statement, too, but I've heard it from criminal psychologists, in addition to shows like this. You'll find many kiddie-fiddlers that violate boys are married with children of their own, having what is otherwise a heterosexual sex life.

AeroWesty

Thu May 11, 2006 3:23 pm

Wow, I just watched my tape of this ... can't BELIEVE that dude who brought his son with him. That's just too twisted for words.

S12PPL

Thu May 11, 2006 3:32 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 24):
can't BELIEVE that dude who brought his son with him. That's just too twisted for words.

That was just sick. There thinking he's gonna molest a boy, and brings his five year old....Just wrong.

"Please give me my son!" Uhhhhhhhh, nope.  wideeyed 

"I can't feel my hands!" Tough shit?  Yeah sure

Some of the guys were just flat stupid. And when they realized they had been busted...the looks on their faces, what they began saying....

"I was just on my way to the beach...."
"I'm just lookin for work, and stuff...."
"I just came by to tell her that it's dangerous to meet people from online..."

But the first guy they busted...
"I don't want this cookie no more..." and he throws it on the table! 5 minutes ago it was awesome, now it isn't so good....  laughing 

Then there's the 21 year old that dupes his SISTER to take him there....so he can teach her how to give oral sex, etc. Oh, and get her stoned. He promised her weed, too.

I just sat amazed at the excuses and stories these guys told....Just amazed.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

57AZ

Thu May 11, 2006 6:16 pm

Give me car chases. I see enough of this stuff in real life at work to sate my desire to search for it on TV. All you gotta do is read the indictment-some of the acts listed are really sick.

As for state sex offender websites, not all states list all offenders that are on the registry. Here in Arizona, the only offenders that may be listed (or subject to public notification) are those determined to be a moderate or high risk of reoffense (Level 2/3). Level 1s may be disclosed only to law enforcement and a very limited number of other parties with a demonstrated need to know.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

deltagator

Thu May 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 26):
Here in Arizona, the only offenders that may be listed (or subject to public notification) are those determined to be a moderate or high risk of reoffense

You just know some jackass lobbyist/lawyer from the ACLU or similar organization pushed for that holding back of information. You screw a kid you deserve to be publically humiliated.

MaverickM11

Thu May 11, 2006 11:55 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 27):
You screw a kid you deserve to be publically humiliated.

But what is the end result of this dog and pony show? I think the only way to eliminate this kind of behavior is to give psych exams to everyone and lock them up before they commit the crime. I really don't think people do this kind of thing in their right and rational mind. But on the other hand, locking them up before they commit the crime is not any more palatable and goes against everything Americans value from their judicial process.
E pur si muove -Galileo

AirWillie6475

Fri May 12, 2006 12:05 am

Actually I saw it a few times but haven't since. Gets boring real fast. They don't try to embarass them enough to be entertaining. They just talk and the cops take them. I'm wondering if they go easy on these guys in court because they were taped involuntarily to be in national tv.

satx

Fri May 12, 2006 1:04 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 27):
You just know some jackass lobbyist/lawyer from the ACLU or similar organization pushed for that holding back of information. You screw a kid you deserve to be publically humiliated.

Sex offenders include a lot of people and crimes well outside of aggravated child abuse. From the sounds of it, you could moon your neighbor and possibly be considered a sex offender in some cases. Some sex offender registries are unsurprisingly being used for the purpose of 'mob-justice' in some cases. Then again, maybe most Americans are happy with that since obviously everyone who's ever been convicted MUST have committed a heinous crime. Otherwise they would never have been convicted.  sarcastic  In any case, having some sort of threshold for who shows up on the registry seems a reasonable decision to me. Of course, I'm not a right-wing red Kool-Aid drinker.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 12, 2006 1:15 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):

And here I thought you were just a radical tree hugger...now you are protecting sex offenders? So what if it's humiliating? Shouldn't have committed the crime in the first place then...
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

satx

Fri May 12, 2006 2:47 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 31):
And here I thought you were just a radical tree hugger...now you are protecting sex offenders? So what if it's humiliating? Shouldn't have committed the crime in the first place then...

How am I protecting sex offenders?

I'm merely pointing out that not all sex offenders attacked a child or committed crimes as severe as those we generally associate with the term and that being on such a list can sometimes lead to vigilante attacks on those who have supposedly already paid their debt to society. I'm not even saying who specifically should or shouldn't be made public, but it doesn't sound so crazy to me that some offenders aren't listed, considering how broadly the term is used. See my point?

As for the "shouldn't have committed the crime" bit... The sad truth is that many people are wrongly convicted for crimes they never committed. Recent advances in DNA testing have shown us just how poorly our justice system is able to differentiate between the guilty and the innocent. The long established conservative American mindset of all convicts can be treated like dog shit completely ignores this fundamental truth.

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 12, 2006 2:55 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 32):
I'm merely pointing out that not all sex offenders attacked a child or committed crimes as severe as those we generally associate with the term

True, but it is still a sex crime. Now, I agree that many cases are because the woman was drunk (not legally able to give consent=rape) and later regrets it. That guy will be labeled, but like stated above, some states keep private the lowest group of offenders. Are you in a higher category, you deserve to be put in the spotlight.

AGM100

Fri May 12, 2006 5:31 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Thread starter):
There really are some sick SOBs out there and I just don't ever remember my childhood being so fraught with crazy stuff like this one.

Delta you are right about this. Of course it was happening then as well. According to my Mother and Dad their was crap like this happening in their home town in the 40's 50's. But I doubt that it was on the level that it is today. The new " I have a right to do what makes me feel good" generation has its ugly bi product.

The lines between making our children aware and shattering their innocence is a tough line to walk. I have 3 kids, 9,11,13 they all know about homosexual sex, Michael Jackson boy love , rape , date rape drugs on and on .Even though I am strict about what they watch on TV , it is just so prevalent nowadays they hear about it anyway!!
This is not any judgement of the behaviour only to say that I did not even think about this stuff when I was a kid. I dont know, it just was not a issue for us. Man it is scary being a parent now adays !!
 pessimist 
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

AirframeAS

Fri May 12, 2006 6:11 am

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 26):
Level 1s may be disclosed only to law enforcement and a very limited number of other parties with a demonstrated need to know.

Not anymore!! The Freedom of Information Act killed that!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

deltagator

Fri May 12, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 34):
has its ugly bi product.

Bi? Pun intended? I'm joking but I'm amused the way some of these guys are on their way to have sex with a young boy but yet they say they aren't gay.

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
Sex offenders include a lot of people and crimes well outside of aggravated child abuse.

Yes, like rape.

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
From the sounds of it, you could moon your neighbor and possibly be considered a sex offender in some cases.

Perhaps in some cases but I think you will find the majority of sex offenders are on the list for something a little less savory than mooning someone.

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
Some sex offender registries are unsurprisingly being used for the purpose of 'mob-justice' in some cases.

Sadly so but not in a majority or even a large minority. I would rather someone who slipped Mr. Happy to a young boy listed on a website for public humiliation versus me not knowing a pervert lives on my block.

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
Then again, maybe most Americans are happy with that since obviously everyone who's ever been convicted MUST have committed a heinous crime. Otherwise they would never have been convicted.

My dad taught me this growing up...if you think the decision you are about to make is questionable ask yourself if you would want to see a story about you doing in the New York Times. Good words to live by. If you can't do the time or live with the consequences don't do the crime. Perverts now get their pictures and addresses posted on a website. A small price to pay for possibly some more safety for the kids.

Quoting SATX (Reply 32):
As for the "shouldn't have committed the crime" bit... The sad truth is that many people are wrongly convicted for crimes they never committed.

Ok, second time you've brought this one up. Produce a source. While wrongful convictions do happen they are no where near the number you seem to think they are.

Quoting SATX (Reply 32):
The long established conservative American mindset of all convicts can be treated like dog shit completely ignores this fundamental truth.

Right. Us conservatives think criminals should be treated like crap. Wrong, I think they should be dealt with based on the severity of their crime. Somebody stealing something from a store obviously needs to be dealt with in a different way than ass raping a kid. Hell holds a special place for child molesters.

If it ever were to happen to my kids God help the SOB who did it because I think he might enjoy the ass rapes in the Pokey versus the justice I might inflict. Mob justice? Perhaps. Reciprocity for screwing up my kid's life? You betcha. Hopefully the courts would get to them before I did because it would get ugly real damn quick.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 34):
Man it is scary being a parent now adays

Very true. I remember how I was a horny teenager and I can't imagine having a daughter and dealing with her dating. The stories of dads greeting prospective suitors at the door cleaning a shotgun and muttering something about "how they aren't afraid to go back to prison" seem all too close to reality.

Pope

Fri May 12, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
In any case, having some sort of threshold for who shows up on the registry seems a reasonable decision to me.

I'd be interested in exploring the notion. What sort of threshold are you advocating?

[Edited 2006-05-12 03:11:36]
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

satx

Fri May 12, 2006 11:36 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 37):
I'd be interested in exploring the notion. What sort of threshold are you advocating?

Actually, I'm not 'advocating' anything in particular. I'm just saying that it's not that far-fetched of a concept that there could be some so-called 'sex crimes' which are below the level necessary to be registered with the general public.

I wonder why sex crimes are the only crimes to get blanket listings in most states. Why not all violent crimes? Why not white collar crimes? Why not animal cruelty? Wouldn't I want to know if my pet is in jeopardy just as I would want to know if my kid was in jeopardy? Every state already has a threshold for who they put on the list, it just usually has some arbitrary cut-off that lets some folks who commit certain crimes escape scrutiny and humiliation while others are plastered all over the place for the rest of their lives. When and how this threshold is set seems like a good topic for discussion in my view.

deltagator

Fri May 12, 2006 11:41 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 38):
When and how this threshold is set seems like a good topic for discussion in my view.

Good idea. I personally would want to know if I had some sick SOB next door to me who kills dogs seeing that I have three and until the little lady and I have rug rats they are our de facto kids.

It's a tough one because you know folks will protest it and where does it stop? Shoplifting, farting in an elevator (which should be a crime), etc. I think we should bring back things like the stocks on the public square or a nightly "Meet Your Neighborhood Pervert."

fumanchewd

Fri May 12, 2006 12:31 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
Sex offenders include a lot of people and crimes well outside of aggravated child abuse. From the sounds of it, you could moon your neighbor and possibly be considered a sex offender in some cases.

bigthumbsup I saw a news piece (forgot which show) where a guy got charged statutary rape when he was 19 for banging his 17 year old girlfriend. He is in his 30's now and still has to register in his neighborhood. It would be an understatement to say that certain neighbors have been less than kind. They really should let judges decide what is fair and what isn't. These blanket punishments and minimum sentencing laws really screw some people over.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

AeroWesty

Thu May 18, 2006 3:26 am

There's another predator catch on Dateline tonight. The preview looks, um, interesting.

deltagator

Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 am

Ugly naked guy shows up in this one it appears. For some reason I was disappointed with last week's show. As someone has said I think they need to embarass them some more. I would also like to see a show later on down the line where they revisit them and show us the disposition of the case but I doubt the pervs would go along with that segment.

AsstChiefMark

Thu May 18, 2006 4:12 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 40):
I saw a news piece (forgot which show) where a guy got charged statutary rape when he was 19 for banging his 17 year old girlfriend.

There's a guy that lives in the area who did the same thing. He's been bothering me for 20 years. He wants to become an EMT, but it's impossible. He's a registered sex offender and a felon. There's a lot he can't do because he failed to obey the law: If you're 18 or older, screwing a minor is a felony. Period.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

fumanchewd

Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 43):
There's a lot he can't do because he failed to obey the law: If you're 18 or older, screwing a minor is a felony. Period.

Yea, but here it is 20 years later, he hasn't committed any other crime, and he still has to register as a sex offendor. Drug dealers and murderers don't have that much supervision, but mandatory sentencing doesn't allow judges to do much about it.

In my eyes, that is "cruel and unusual punishment".
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

deltagator

Thu May 18, 2006 10:51 am

So Ugly Naked Guy wanted to have the girl perform sex acts on her cat! Where did all these freaks come from in the world?

Geez! Keep it in your pants until they are old enough and put the damn animal down...that cat never did anything to you!

AeroWesty

Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 45):
So Ugly Naked Guy wanted to have the girl perform sex acts on her cat!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Oh you silly heteros!

deltagator

Thu May 18, 2006 11:32 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 46):
Oh you silly heteros!

Yeah I know. Us breeders never have any fun.

They did cover briefly the female perverts at the end of the show. They said they never encountered one in their stings and that the numbers point to the ladies hooking up with kids they know vs. strangers online.

L-188

Thu May 18, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 30):
Sex offenders include a lot of people and crimes well outside of aggravated child abuse.

So far there is only one convicted sex-offender that I have sympathy for.

It was a 18 year old HS senior from Wisconson who got his 16 YO sophmore girlfriend knocked up. He ended up marrying her during the course of the pregnacy and his trial.

He was prosecuted for having sex with a minor and was convicted, Although several of the jourors said the only reason he was conviceted was because of the legal wording of the law.

So he was facing jail time, having to register as a sex offendor for the rest of his life........and he did the right thing by marrying the girl.

I don't remember if he appealed (I can't picture him not) or what ended up happening.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.