ba757gla

Anyone Travelled On Virgin Trains 1st Class

Wed May 10, 2006 11:18 pm

In july inm travelling down to london from Glasgow on first class got it cheap just wondering what drinks and grub do you get on weekdays and whats the primo?

ryanb741

RE: Anyone Travelled On Virgin Trains 1st Class

Wed May 10, 2006 11:31 pm

Yes many times, very good on the newer trains, free tea/coffee, but you pay for anything else (table service)
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

ba757gla

Wed May 10, 2006 11:37 pm

i dont think you have to pay for food and drink i get a free breakfast down to london?

mhodgson

Wed May 10, 2006 11:43 pm

Quoting Ryanb741 (Reply 1):
Yes many times, very good on the newer trains, free tea/coffee, but you pay for anything else (table service)

Really? you might on the Cross country routes, I don't think it applies on the main West Coast route. Their menus state complimentary drinks (alcoholic, too), and have no hint of a price list in them.

I'll be travelling 1st in Summer, got a free ticket thanks to a special offer  Smile
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

IFEMaster

Wed May 10, 2006 11:46 pm

Depends what 'type' of First Class ticket you've got. I've travelled with both 'Full Fare' and a 'Virgin Saver' first class tickets. Seats are the same, free beverages, but I had to pay for food on the Virgin Saver. With the Full Fare, I got free breakfast and free lunch, but they clipped a hole in my ticket to say that I'd received it. Table service is nice, but the nicest part of it is the fact that you don't have crowds of people walking through your coach when the board, and you don't have kids running up and down. It's very peaceful.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

EGGP

Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 am

Many times from Liverpool and Wigan. Free tea, coffee, wine and beer. Nice meals with a choice also free. In Euston on your return, remember to go to the lounge, were you can get free drinks and snacks... Check if there is a lounge in Glasgow, if so arrive early and sample the refreshments... Big grin