TedTAce
Topic Author

Chav Central. Smoking And Preggers @ Age 11

Fri May 12, 2006 3:12 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210699,00.html

I guess I should add this to the sweet 16, American idol, and decline of our civilization threads
This space intentionally left blank

deltagator

RE: Chav Central. Smoking And Preggers @ Age 11

Fri May 12, 2006 3:20 pm

For crying out loud! Can't that girl watch TV or something instead of getting drunk and playing slap and tickle with some eurotrash teenager?

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
I guess I should add this to the sweet 16, American idol, and decline of our civilization threads

What's Sweet 16? Based on your other items there I'm guessing it is another thing leading to the downfall of western civilization.

And for an uneducated colonial like myself is it pronounced like Shav or with the hard "ch" sound? I need to know because the last time I was in London I might have been mistaken for one with my Gator baseball hat, jeans, and white tennis shoes though I was conspicupusly missing the bling bling or track suit. I might be white trash at home after a few drinks but I don't want to be it abroad!
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Thom@s

Fri May 12, 2006 3:22 pm

Stupid kids...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

bill142

Fri May 12, 2006 3:53 pm

old enough to bleed old enough to breed... except this is one instance where a sniper needs to be let loose on the genepool

gkirk

Fri May 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Chav? Tut tut tut.
No Chavs in Scotland,you're either a Ned (if you're a lad) or a Senga (if you're a lassie), therefore in this case some dododgy Ned has got this Senga up the duff  Yeah sure
Not surprised about this though
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

cosec59

Fri May 12, 2006 4:09 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 4):
Not surprised about this though

I doubt if anyone is
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

flyingbabydoc

Fri May 12, 2006 5:12 pm

Quoting Cosec59 (Reply 5):
I doubt if anyone is

Let's see: chain smoker, 12 y.o., 1st pregnancy = premature baby (I'd say around the 28th week) who will have a cerebral hemorrhage and develop, most likely, a hydrocephalus. That means, NHS care for the rest of his life.

The worst part for me is the PROUD 34 y.o. grandmother. Proud of what?

Sad to see cases like this. We lost a patient yesterday on the ICU after being born at home from a 18 y.o. who did not know she was pregnant (!) and never went to any prenatal care consultation. Severe asphyxia....

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

oly720man

Fri May 12, 2006 5:17 pm

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 6):
Proud of what?

Probably the only success in her daughter's otherwise screwed up existence... and it's more income from all the benefits she'll get.

The (grand)mother has just given birth to a son as well so there'll be 3 kids around the house, the two smallest being uncle and nephew/niece.

And granny will probably be a great granny at 45.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

gkirk

Fri May 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 7):

Probably the only success in her daughter's otherwise screwed up existence

Come on, that's not really fair. So she made a mistake? That means her existence is screwed up?

CPDC10-30

Fri May 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Well, given mum's smoking and drinking hopefully the kid will be retarded and unable to reproduce.

gkirk

Fri May 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Quoting CPDC10-30 (Reply 9):
hopefully the kid will be retarded

What a horrible thing to say

flyingbabydoc

Fri May 12, 2006 5:28 pm

Well, given mum's smoking and drinking hopefully the kid will be retarded and unable to reproduce

The problem is, that retarded kid will suffer tremendously by having countless surgeries (to drain his or her hydrocephalus) and other problems. The question is if the baby deserves this. And from what I gather, nothing will prevent this mother from repeating the mistake she is now so proud of again and again.

The grandmother was the one who shouldn't have reproduced, if she were not able to educate at least a bit her children... The mother is just a child.

Alex

TedTAce
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2006 5:29 pm

hopefully the kid will be retarded and unable to reproduce.

You'd wish such a thing on the ONLY true victim??? By the way, retardation doesn't prevent one from re-producing..so this happy little gene pool can go merrily on it's way despite your 'best' wishes.

My hope, the kid comes out fine, and through recessive geneaology outsmarts his/her dubious pre-birth history and makes the world a slightly better place.
This space intentionally left blank

Banco

Fri May 12, 2006 5:43 pm

There are some pretty nasty comments on this thread.

This family need help, not sneering abuse.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

RobertNL070

Fri May 12, 2006 7:08 pm

You are right there Banco. But this sort of thing should be prevented. There seems to be a lot of ignorance on somebody's part:

...a drunken romp — at the age of just 11.

A touch of misguided parenting by her mother/parents?

she confessed: “I didn’t think I’d get pregnant because it was my first time.

Hmm, no sex education anno 2006?

She still puffs up to 20 ciggies a day, despite being eight months pregnant.

Just downright irresponsible.

“I can give up smoking at any time

Do it then, and buy some nice things for your baby with the money you save.

Quoting Banco (Reply 13):
This family need help

Yes, they do need help, but who pays for that help? The British tax payer.

Regards, Robert
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Brendan03

Fri May 12, 2006 7:36 pm

The girl, when asked why she did it responded with "yea but no but yea but no but everybody was doin it so I fought I'd join in but I didn't fink I wud get preggers coz It woz my first time but yea but no but yea but no but ohhh my god don't you give me evils"
Coolier than thou.

oly720man

Fri May 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
Come on, that's not really fair. So she made a mistake? That means her existence is screwed up?

It's not this mistake I was thinking of, it's the drinking and smoking at 9 or 10, going out on the pull at 11. I know kids grow up quickly these days, but, gawd, what's the hurry? She's still a kid herself, for goodness sake. The rate she's going she's going to end up with lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver before she gets to 30.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 6):
who did not know she was pregnant

How the hell can you not know you're pregnant? So damn fat you didn't notice the difference? Big grin
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

gkirk

Fri May 12, 2006 8:23 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 16):
It's not this mistake I was thinking of, it's the drinking and smoking at 9 or 10, going out on the pull at 11.

I was drinking at 5 for god sake! And was on the pull by 6!
 duck 

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 12, 2006 8:25 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 18):
I was drinking at 5 for god sake! And was on the pull by 6!

Kirkie, we're talking about humans though.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

linco22

Fri May 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 18):
And was on the pull by 6!

rotfl 

No seriously though, the responsibility lies with the parents. This is getting more and more common and will only continue

ltbewr

Fri May 12, 2006 8:30 pm

We got or share of 'chavs' in the USA, with pre-teens getting pregent, using alcohol and with parents whom are fools. One has to wonder if these kids are part of a gene pool that has serious mental illness. This is worsened by too much free time, not enough work for the adults, poor schools, poor work opportunities and entertainment that encourages sex and bad beheavor.
To me, ANY guy who gets an under 18 woman preggers ought to face jail for statutory rape. That may curb their urges some.
Perhaps the government needs to look at this growing phenomon of the 'chav' and figure out how to reduce their numbers. It's too bad they couldn't put some kind of birth control drugs in their tea or alcoholic drink.  duck 

777236ER

Fri May 12, 2006 8:33 pm

The parents should be locked up straight away. The guy who slept with her should be prosecuted for statutory rape. A 15 year old is one thing, but having sex is ridiculous, and clearly something the law should punish.

Does this show that sex education at school should start from almost as soon as they talk?
Your bone's got a little machine

linco22

Fri May 12, 2006 8:36 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 22):
Does this show that sex education at school should start from almost as soon as they talk?

'kids' of that nature wont listen. maybe in the short term, but they'll always do their own thing. And again I believe in most cases, the parents need to buck their ideas up.

SmithAir747

Fri May 12, 2006 8:51 pm

The town where I live in the US is just outside of Fort Wayne, IN; the town is Garrett, IN.

Garrett is what you in the UK would call a "chav" town. The main street (in this little rural railroad town) is populated by quite a number of teenage mothers (and sometimes fathers) pushing prams. Garrett, IN, has a sizable population of "chavs"!

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

flyingbabydoc

Fri May 12, 2006 8:56 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 17):
How the hell can you not know you're pregnant? So damn fat you didn't notice the difference?

Pure denial, we think. She has also an "a-social" background as we say here in Germany. The whole story was even more gruesome. The baby was in a breech presentation and was dangling outside up to the neck while the head was stuck, and the mother would not allow anyone to touch her.

Sometimes I think I should have been a commercial pilot...

Cheers

Alex

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 12, 2006 9:20 pm

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 25):
Pure denial, we think.

Not totally pure, I think some stupidity was involved as well. Dumb people shouldn't breed/breather (pick your choice)

ClassicLover

Fri May 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting SmithAir747 (Reply 24):
Garrett is what you in the UK would call a "chav" town. The main street (in this little rural railroad town) is populated by quite a number of teenage mothers (and sometimes fathers) pushing prams. Garrett, IN, has a sizable population of "chavs"!

Sounds like Dublin.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

pawsleykat

Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 4):
you're either a Ned (if you're a lad) or a Senga (if you're a lassie),

I thought 'nedette' was another name for a lassie up here? The whole fact about being 11 and pregnant is just terrible.

Quote:
'She comes from a large family in West Lothian'

It's even more shocking as this is where I live, West Lothian.

Quote:
"I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

That's still no excuse for getting pregnant, not that it's really her to blame. I think it is it parents who are to blame. I see myself as a very erudite young man and I am told by many people that I am well spoken, I do not smoke or drink (except the occasional little glass @ holidays) and I see myself like this because I feel my parents brought me up the right way. Negligent parents is a very big deal (especially in my eyes) in West Lothian and in other areas of deprivation such as Muirhouse in Edinburgh or Soho in London. Let me make this clear, I do not intend to cause offence if anyone lives in thes areas, I was just using them as examples.

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

carmenlu15

Fri May 12, 2006 11:11 pm

Oh dear God.

My own sister is 10 years old, and I could never imagine her in this situation. She's only a kid, ffs!

Quote:
“I think I’ll be able to cope as I’ve had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

“I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

Being the oldest of 4 siblings, I've had lots of practice too. It's precisely because of it that I know caring for a baby is not a plaything. I don't want children of my own until I am in a position to provide them with everything they need, and of course until I am mature enough to take such a responsibility.

In this case, I guess it's the mother who should be held accountable, rather than the girl. Talk about a lack of proper education...  Yeah sure
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

MattRB

Sat May 13, 2006 1:34 am

Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

airbusA346

Sat May 13, 2006 1:41 am

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 11):
(to drain his or her hydrocephalus

Why not just put a Shunt in.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

flyingbabydoc

Sat May 13, 2006 1:56 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 31):
Why not just put a Shunt in.

Yes, that is what we do. And then the shunts get clogged up, and need to be changed. On average, in the first year of life a child with post-hemorrhagic hydrocephalus undergo 4-5 shunt exchanges. Imagine that each time the kid must go through a period of increased brain pressure, very detrimental.

I really hope this child is born healthy and on term. I cannot imagine how horrible it would be if not only he/she had to cope with a child as a mother but also with the disabilities of premature birth.

Alex

airbusA346

Sat May 13, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 32):
Yes, that is what we do. And then the shunts get clogged up, and need to be changed. On average, in the first year of life a child with post-hemorrhagic hydrocephalus undergo 4-5 shunt exchanges. Imagine that each time the kid must go through a period of increased brain pressure, very detrimental.

I was lucky then, I one had 1.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

flyingbabydoc

Sat May 13, 2006 2:01 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 33):
I was lucky then, I one had 1

Yes, indeed. But probably the reason for your shunt was different. In any case, there are always exceptions to the rule. Sometimes it works really well. Sometimes it is a tragedy.

Glad to hear yours was a success.

Alex

BMIFlyer

Sat May 13, 2006 2:02 am

Well, seems the 15yr old chav has been charged with rape - About bloomin time!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/4764417.stm

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

airbusA346

Sat May 13, 2006 2:04 am

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 34):
But probably the reason for your shunt was different.

Nope, my shunt was for post-hemorrhagic hydrocephalus.

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 35):
Well, seems the 15yr old chav has been charged with rape - About bloomin time!!

So they have charged the father with rape....Good

Tom.

flyingbabydoc

Sat May 13, 2006 2:05 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 36):
Nope, my shunt was for post-hemorrhagic hydrocephalus.

Well, consider yourself one of the few lucky ones! Good for you...

BMIFlyer

Sat May 13, 2006 2:09 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 36):
So they have charged the father with rape....Good

Seriously, why would a 15yr old think that having sex with a 11yr old is ok in the 1st place?  Sad

Lee

airbusA346

Sat May 13, 2006 2:12 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 38):
Seriously, why would a 15yr old think that having sex with a 11yr old is ok in the 1st place?

Don't really know, but you can ask similar questions about other things that happen in the world.

Tom.

pawsleykat

Sat May 13, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 38):
Seriously, why would a 15yr old think that having sex with a 11yr old is ok in the 1st place?

I agree. Well said BMIFlyer!  praise  That's probably the most intelligent statement I have heard in the last 4 hours and 3 minutes!  Smile

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

slider

Sat May 13, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 4):
Chav? Tut tut tut.
No Chavs in Scotland,you're either a Ned (if you're a lad) or a Senga (if you're a lassie), therefore in this case some dododgy Ned has got this Senga up the duff

Can you translate for me? For real....I'm out of the loop...

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 14):
She still puffs up to 20 ciggies a day, despite being eight months pregnant.

She should be arrested for child endangerment in utero. Total lockdown so she can't contribute to birth defects for her child. Disgusting. Absolutely reprehensible.

jamesbuk

Sat May 13, 2006 5:31 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 17):
How the hell can you not know you're pregnant?

Erm well my aunt didnt know she was pregnant, when her contractions started she was rushed to hospital and they thought it was a dodgy appendix, they were ready to do an emergency operation when they discovered it was a baby and the fact is she didnt look any different during the unknown pregnancy period and she'd actually lost weight. How about learning some facts on pregnancy first!

Now on topic. This kid (the girl) is going to have a waste of a life, thrown into some sort of responsibility at that age isnt going to work and yeh the grand mother of the baby may look after it but she cant do that forever. Just think this kid will be 7 when the lass is 18!!

Rgds --James--

P.S. No offence intended Kaigywer but please dont go shouting crap around like that when its complete bull  Smile
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

carmenlu15

Sat May 13, 2006 5:40 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 42):
How about learning some facts on pregnancy first!

No offense meant either, but from a female point of view, I find it odd that a woman wouldn't notice she hasn't had her period for nine months!

I've seen cases when the pregnant woman is able to hide the fact to her relatives until the time of birth, but how she wouldn't even know herself is beyond me.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

jamesbuk

Sat May 13, 2006 5:48 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 43):
Carmenlu15

Ya know what i never thought of that!! although she was on some medication for something or other so that could have led her to believe that stopped her periods hmmm.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

TIA

Sat May 13, 2006 6:19 am

The initial link doesn't work anymore, so I only know what's written in this thread. I just wanted to say that I feel sorry for the 11 yr old girl. Yes, she is acting like a moron, but she is 11 for God's sake. It's not like she can think clearly on her own, and her behavior reflects the way she was brought up. The real culprit here is not the girl, but her mother, that encourages and accepts such behavior. I am suprised that child services has not intervened yet, and taken the girl away from her mother.

TheSorcerer

Sat May 13, 2006 7:14 am

They were on a party, she was drunk and so was the father.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

carmenlu15

Sat May 13, 2006 7:17 am

Quoting TIA (Reply 45):
The initial link doesn't work anymore, so I only know what's written in this thread.

I can't find the original article either, but this is a follow-up on the same story: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006220088,00.html

BMIFlyer

Sat May 13, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting Thesorcerer (Reply 46):
she was drunk

She should not have been drinking at 11 years old  banghead 

Lee

TheSorcerer

Sat May 13, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 48):
Quoting Thesorcerer (Reply 46):
she was drunk

She should not have been drinking at 11 years old

That's not the point here. She was drunk, so was he. It's not like he was sober and was a malicious rapist.
Dominic
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)