ba757gla

Have You Ever Been On A TV Show?

Fri May 12, 2006 6:26 pm

iv never been on the TV have you ?

BDKLEZ

RE: Have You Ever Been On A TV Show?

Fri May 12, 2006 6:30 pm

I was on.....

..when I was 14 with the others from our church choir.

bigthumbsup 
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

IAH777

Fri May 12, 2006 6:44 pm

On the news a few times yapping about car accidents. And once as a kid for a Christmas Eve charitable function at MD Anderson Cancer Center's Pediatric Unit.

I make the morning traffic reports on a regular basis, though they're usually more concerned with how fast I get the wrecked cars off the freeway.

stlgph

Fri May 12, 2006 7:11 pm

The answer is yes. And at this stage it's more in the "who cares?" mindset for me.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

AeroWesty

Fri May 12, 2006 7:28 pm

Yes, of course.
International Homo of Mystery

Doona

Fri May 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Two days after I was born I was in a documentary about the hospital in which I was delivered. Apparently they used me as a prime example of the exceptionally cute babies this hospital could deliver :P

Since then... not so much. But I have been in the studio audience for a number of TV shows, since one of my highschool teachers used to work at the state-controlled TV-channels. He would get tickets sent to him, which he'd then distribute to his students.

Oh yeah, when I was studying Japanese, a crew from Nippon Terebi in Japan came to visit us, where they interviewed all the second-year students, including me. The show was called "Waratte Koraete" and, according to the producer, only had a small audience in Japan, about 15 million people.  sarcastic 

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Jetset25j

Fri May 12, 2006 8:43 pm

Playschool- Let's all go to the zoo zoo zoo, and you can come too too too
Son of a gun/ What now!- Stupid jason gunn and thingy. Its a kiwi kids show (from back in the days of Captain Planet and wholesome kids TV programing)
Air New Zealand-Airline of the world's greatest travellers.

SmithAir747

Fri May 12, 2006 8:45 pm

Yes, I've been on TV at least once.

In 1995, a small local TV station in Fort Wayne, IN, sent a guy to interview me in my home with my parents. The interview was about how I have lived and dealt with my physical disabilities (deafness, one-eyed blindness, speech, etc) stemming from my rare genetic craniofacial syndrome (Treacher Collins syndrome). It aired later that summer. I still have the videotape! In fact, that summer, people would approach me and tell me they were inspired by my little TV appearance. Once, at FWA while waiting to fly out to ORD and on to BOS, I was in the airport hotel restaurant (the terminal was being rebuilt) and a waitress seated me, my parents, and my sister at a special table ("for celebrities" she said!).

At the time of the TV interview, I was 20 and had just finished my freshman year at university. (1995)

This TV show came about because, a few years before, I wrote (and published) my story in children's author Jill Krementz' 1992 book, "How It Feels to Live with a Physical Disability". Somehow that TV station got a hold of my book and took off with the idea to interview me!

At the time I was published in Jill Krementz' book, I was 16 or 17 and had finished my freshman year in high school. (1992)

SmithAir747

[Edited 2006-05-12 13:47:37]
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

pawsleykat

Sat May 13, 2006 7:42 am

I wasn't a TV show as such, but I was on a Scottish Parliament Debate in 2004. And, get this, I was on telly when the G8 summit visited Edinburgh last year and there was all that violence in the gardens. I was seen walking away with a cut eyebrow (i don't think you could see that I was cut. It was till pretty cool.

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

pawsleykat

Sat May 13, 2006 7:42 am

I wasn't a TV show as such, but I was on a Scottish Parliament Debate in 2004. And, get this, I was on telly when the G8 summit visited Edinburgh last year and there was all that violence in the gardens. I was seen walking away with a cut eyebrow (i don't think you could see that I was cut. It was still pretty cool.

JG
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

BMIFlyer

Sat May 13, 2006 7:46 am

I was on a BBC Documentary back in 1997/1998 called "Soldiers To Be".

It was about life during training to be a British Army Soldier. I have the videos here at home with me.

Right, i'm off to bed now, goodnight  Wink

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

boeingfanyyz

Sat May 13, 2006 7:48 am

I got a walk on on a Canadian TV show called "The Strip" (hahaha, get over it!), but the show never made it on the wave, so to speak.

I guess it was because they didnt cast me as the lead role!

Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

Nordair

Sat May 13, 2006 2:49 pm

Severeal newscasts.

"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

bill142

Sat May 13, 2006 4:17 pm

been on the news a few times mainly when it comes to stories about people lining up for tickets to rugby matches. I was seen doing a silly dance back in 2001.

thepilot

Sat May 13, 2006 4:36 pm

I have been on the local news three different times, once when they interviewed people about the Kingdome blowing up. Also, I was on TV with my dad when he helped people on a bus that had swerved off the road in November of 2004. Finally, I was on when I was a pretend patient for my dad as he demonstrated how the new nasal flu spray works.
From YVR

adam

Sat May 13, 2006 5:15 pm

I was a studio audience member at Late Night with Conan O'brien, front row, third from stage left on January 6th of this year.

adam

edit: grammar.

[Edited 2006-05-13 10:16:51]
Texas: You'll come for the Alamo, You'll stay because you were wrongfully executed. - Conan O'Brian State Quarters

ClassicLover

Sat May 13, 2006 5:36 pm

Sure, three times. Once in full close up from feet to head and a wider shot for the 1998 Mardi Gras telecast in Sydney, and once as an audience member for the Big Brother Monday. The other time was here in Dublin, I was interviewed for a community show called Free To Express.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

HAWK21M

Sat May 13, 2006 5:47 pm

Do Interviews count  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

NorthstarBoy

Sat May 13, 2006 5:59 pm

i don't know if this counts, but, supposedly, a ship i was on in 1998, Premier Cruises Island Breeze, was on CNN Europe, we sailed into the wake of a hurricane, were caught for three days in forty foot swells and were nearly capsized by a rogue wave. it was so bad that supposedly there were boats traveling behind us, to pick us up, because everyone was sure we'd capsize. we didn't. but still, it was a hell of a thing to be in the middle of! and i still remember my friend Raju telling me, before i went on that cruise (the canary islands) "Scotty, those are the roughest waters in the world" i didn't believe him then, but boy do i believe him now!
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

Curtisman

Sun May 14, 2006 1:04 am

I have been on tv several times.

Smile
Citizen of the World

September11

Sun May 14, 2006 1:09 am

I've been on bowling shows.
Airliners.net of the Future

andz

Sun May 14, 2006 1:15 am

I was interviewed for the evening news a few years ago about some medical equipment we were supplying to a charity organisation in the Middle East.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

bhmbaglock

Sun May 14, 2006 2:16 am

A couple of kids show long ago and then a short interview on CNN after being in a plane crash. The only other person who wasn't in the hospital was the pilot and he was busy with FAA/NTSB so I was the only game in town.

btw, it really aggravated my mother when I mentioned in the interview that if you were going to be in a plane crash, a Helio-Stallion is about the safest choice you could make. It's built like a tank compared to most aircraft.
Where are all of my respected members going?

AsstChiefMark

Sun May 14, 2006 2:49 am

I've been on a few newscasts during and following newsworthy EMS events.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

AzoresLover

Sun May 14, 2006 2:50 am

I was on a TV talent show one time. I performed a 4-movement Oboe Concerto, with piano accompaniment. My accompanist didn't want to be seen on TV, so she would only allow them to show her hands on the keyboard at various times. lol

I also sat in the production booth of the CBS Studio in New York one time, as a friend of the producer, and watched a live broadcast of that day's episode of one of the daytime soaps that aired at the time. It was broadcast live daily, not taped like now. This was in 1970, and the soap was "The Edge of Night." That was really a fascinating experience!!
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

Georgetown

Sun May 14, 2006 3:05 am

I was on MSNBC's "Countdown Iraq" with Lester Holt about five or so times in the weeks leading up to the March 2003 operation.
Let's go Hoyas!

Frontiercpt

Sun May 14, 2006 6:03 am

During my Dad's Naval funeral, I was all over the Bay Area news stations  Silly

A few years later, when I was at an airshow in Hillsboro, Oregon, I cheated cuz I saw a woman interviewing people sitting in the front row, so I pushed my way up front (back when I was small enough), and wedged myself into a seat, and lo and behold, she got to me and interviewed me!  Silly

Last Thanksgiving, I did two commercials for Discovery Health Channel, and would have continued the series had I stayed in Washington DC.  Sad

N766UA

Sun May 14, 2006 6:22 am

I've been on the radio a couple of times... and I've been in a hotel ad for about 16 years now... but alas I have not invaded the TV medium yet..  silly 
This Website Censors Me

atct

Sun May 14, 2006 9:54 am

I was a traffic reporter for a station in pittsburgh for about a year, so my voice got on alot. Rarely did I myself get on (mainly just the shot from the tail of my helo showing the helo while traffic was being given.)

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

IFEMaster

Sun May 14, 2006 10:09 am

Songs of Praise sometime around 90/91 when it was filmed at The Witney Feast in Witney, Oxfordshire. I was on camera during a song, talking to a friend, not paying any attention to what was going on.

Going Live in 1990 as the studio audience. I got to ask Tanita Tikaram a question on air and got a hug from Sarah Green during the final credits.

Record Breakers in 1992 as the studio audience. Roy Castle was still the host then and I met him and Cherly Baker, and the England 4 x 400 Relay team at the time (Roger Black, Lynford Christie, Derek Redmond...and someone else I forget). I was on camera for a split second as it panned the audience during opening credits.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

JAGflyer

Sun May 14, 2006 10:45 am

I was on Video and Arcade Top 10 in grade 6 or 7. My teacher was friends with the producer so he got us all on the show. They did like 6-7 tapings in a day so we all got on. Anyone from Canada that watched YTV would know this show.
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

jetjack74

Sun May 14, 2006 11:09 am

I was on AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio and Television Service) when I was with my old squadron, VXE-6. And a newscrew came along with us to Antarctica to film a story on operations in 1996, and I was interviewed by the reporter before, during, and after the mission. I also was in the audience at Jerry Springer.
Made from jets!

A332

Sun May 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 30):
I was on Video and Arcade Top 10 in grade 6 or 7.

Hey.. I remember that show! I used to watch it quite a bit when I was younger... good times!  Smile

There was footage of my car crash broadcast on local TV shortly after it had occurred.. not really the kind of spotlight I wanted!
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

legalkiwi

Sun May 14, 2006 4:28 pm

I was on some sort of educational current affairs programme - they were doing a feature about "technology in the classroom" and I was one of the class members. We got to use really technological things, like computers, and tele-conferencing (wow!). This was back in 1993. We had some celebrities like Steve Parr (anyone remember him?) come in to make token appearances!

Quoting Jetset25j (Reply 6):
Son of a gun/ What now!- Stupid jason gunn and thingy. Its a kiwi kids show

Me too! Good old Son of a Gunn show.

Oh, and Praise Be when I was in High School. That'd be about it.
kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui