tmatt95

People Who Think They Are It....

Wed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm

This morning a man managed to make a complete and utter fool of himself, completely embarrassing his daughter.

Every morning I go to college on the bus. For people that do not know Stroud very well, there is a bus station and then a number of stops before the Tesco stop. At the bus station, the bus waited and let everyone get on and off. As we were leaving the bus station, a black car tried to cut the bus up. This car then continued to the next stop and the driver got out and proceeded to shout at the driver about leaving early and how he was going to complain to the bus company. He then let his daughter onto the bus and went back to his car. Fine people are entitled to their opinion, even if he did shout. As he passed the bus (he was now travelling in the opposite direction), he then preceded to middle finger the driver in front of everyone on the bus. For me, his last action made him look a complete idiot. Everyone started talking about him and his actions and from what I could hear, it was all negative.

Have you ever been in a situation when you have seen something like this?

Regards

Matt

KROC

RE: People Who Think They Are It....

Wed May 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Welcome to everyday driving. Why is this shocking to you?

MYT332

Wed May 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Quoting Tmatt95 (Thread starter):
For people that do not know Stroud very well, there is a bus station and then a number of stops before the Tesco stop

I thought everyone knew that?
One Life, Live it.

tmatt95

Wed May 17, 2006 8:08 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 1):
Welcome to everyday driving. Why is this shocking to you?

I hope this is not representative of “everyday driving” as if it is, it is a very poor reflection of society in general.  Sad  stirthepot 

I am also surprised he got so wound up over his daughter missing a bus. He should really take a step back and realise that shouting and being generally rude will not help anybody and just results in making him look like an idiot.

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 2):
I thought everyone knew that?

ROFL Big grin

nighthawk

Wed May 17, 2006 8:13 pm

although there was no need for the gesture, I can understand how the guy was feeling.

I live in a small village in the middle of nowhere, there is a small town about 3 miles away. On a few occasions I have arrived at the bus stop 5 mins before its due, only to see it shoot by just as I arrive. They wait until they reach the town then stop for 5 mins to get back on schedule, which isnt much use for us in the village, especially when its 2 hours until the next bus!

aloges

Wed May 17, 2006 8:25 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 4):
although there was no need for the gesture, I can understand how the guy was feeling.

Same here. No need for the finger, especially when you're in a car and will make it anyway, but I've seen the tram arrive, stop and leave before it was due a few times too often to lack all sympathy with the man. It usually happens while I'm waiting at the red "don't walk" light leading to the stop, not wanting to be run over by four lanes of traffic at 60 km/h.

Something else driving me bonkers is drivers who close the doors in people's faces and can't seem to bother to open them again, even if they have to wait for the signal to open five metres ahead... yes, it does happen. Fortunately I couldn't recall enjoying this special privilege myself.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

tmatt95

Wed May 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 4):
I live in a small village in the middle of nowhere, there is a small town about 3 miles away. On a few occasions I have arrived at the bus stop 5 mins before its due, only to see it shoot by just as I arrive. They wait until they reach the town then stop for 5 mins to get back on schedule, which isnt much use for us in the village, especially when its 2 hours until the next bus!

I would write off to the bus company. One of my friends was waiting at the bus stop and the bus he wanted to get on drove past without stoping. He wrote of the the bus company and they gave him 2 free day passes.
regards
Matt

viv

Wed May 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Fine people are entitled to their opinion

Indeed they are - and also people who are less than fine.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

tmatt95

Wed May 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Quoting Viv (Reply 7):
Indeed they are - and also people who are less than fine.

That teaches me for not proof reading through the post properly. I agree, everyone are entitled to their opinion, without exeption. There should have been a comma after fine banghead ,

Matt

JamieD

Wed May 17, 2006 9:05 pm

For people that do not know Stroud very well

As a matter of fact, I do. About half an hour down the road here.  Silly