dtwclipper

Clarabell The Clown Has Died

Thu May 18, 2006 3:38 am

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lew Anderson, who captivated young baby boomers as the Howdy Doody Show's final Clarabell the Clown, has died at the age of 84.

The musician and actor died Sunday in Hawthorne of complications of prostate cancer, said his son, Christopher Anderson.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/17/obit.clarabell.ap/index.html
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

AsstChiefMark

RE: Clarabell The Clown Has Died

Thu May 18, 2006 4:01 am

Umm... I thought Bob Keeshan was Clarabell. He also played Captain Kangaroo. Keeshan died in 2004.

http://www.scotland-stewart.com/Clarabell/
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

yooyoo

Thu May 18, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 1):
Umm... I thought Bob Keeshan was Clarabell. He also played Captain Kangaroo. Keeshan died in 2004.

Not another feckin' conspiracy !!?

Wink
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

EA CO AS

Thu May 18, 2006 8:11 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 1):
Umm... I thought Bob Keeshan was Clarabell. He also played Captain Kangaroo. Keeshan died in 2004

Per the CNN article:

Anderson followed Bobby Nicholson, who later played Doodyville's J. Cornelius Cobb, into the role. The first to play the mute clown was Bob Keeshan, who later became known as Captain Kangaroo.

There ya go.  Smile
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group